PDA

View Full Version : Venus v Ana who will win

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I am really looking forward to this match. I love when the young up and comers play the greats of the game. It really does show how good they can be.

As for the match personal I feel it may be a little bit to soon for Ana to take out Venus but you never know if Venus if off her game she could run her close.
I dont feel Venus played lights out agist Sprem she just did what she had to to.
I will say venus in 2 4 and 2

VW#1
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Agreed. Venus historically has had "trouble" with players who she has never played before or players ranked pretty low. I think she doesn't take them seriously and that allows them to get a bit into a groove and play their game. I think there will be one "tough" set and then Venus will close it out pretty quickly in the second I say something like 7-5, 6-2

Pengwin
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Venus should win something like 6-2 6-1 if she's on form

Elldee
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I want to see Ana take Venus the distance and hopefully win, it'd be amazing for her ranking and then we can see more of her.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM
save this thread in 3 hours. Venus still has to fight for a quarterfinal slot.

SerenaSlam
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:12 PM
save this thread in 3 hours. Venus still has to fight for a quarterfinal slot.
:confused:

what u mean?

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:17 PM
My mistake, I thought the thread is about maria vs Venus.

Caz
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Much as I would love to see Ana win this, I really can't see it happening. I guess Venus will win in straight sets, but it'll be interesting to see how well Ana does against her.

Paldias
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Venus, easily...if Venus loses Venus should stop playing FOR THIS YEAR.

Joana
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Venus is a big favourite of course, but Ana should just go out there and play her game and go for her shots like always. She has absolutely nothing to lose, and much to gain, even if she doesn't win she will definitely learn something from that match. No pressure at all, just do your best, sweety! :kiss:

davidmario
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Venus will win 6:3 6:1

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Venus should win....Ana will have her moments, but Venus still even in this form is a step too far for her.

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Venus, easily...if Venus loses Venus should stop playing FOR THIS YEAR.

I think it will be it for Venus anyway after this she not down to paly anything eles this season right :confused:

vs1
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Venus is also signed up for the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia (well, technically right outside of Philadelphia).

Doraemon
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Who's ana?

Sean
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
That Ana chick looks a good player but you'd think Vee would win.

Mercredi
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Who's ana?
Who is Anna? sin't Venus supposed to play Maria, now?

Doraemon
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Seriously who's ana? Anna Pistolesi? Sorry I can't be bothered to look thru the draw.

Elvira
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Her name is Ana Ivanovic, from Serbia & Montenegro
she is a top junior player who is beginning to get some results in the pros. She beat Golovin in the first round, and I believe that was her first main draw win in a WTA event. She's currently ranked #145 and won almost all of the ITF events she played this year. She is definately one to watch for the future and I think this match will be a good experience for her. Ana probably won't win this time but I bet she'll beat Venus in the future!!

thelittlestelf
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:33 PM
LOL I was wondering who Ana was till a few posts ago.

I'm positive Venus will win.

rada
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:43 PM
They way ana is playing i really can't say i think venus should win but with ana you never know! ;) Ana is going to be a player to watch out for in 2005 can't wait and serbia's fed cup team is so strong now ! jelena x 2 and ana now :):):):):) good luck girl

Joana
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Her name is Ana Ivanovic, from Serbia & Montenegro
she is a top junior player who is beginning to get some results in the pros. She beat Golovin in the first round, and I believe that was her first main draw win in a WTA event. She's currently ranked #145 and won almost all of the ITF events she played this year. She is definately one to watch for the future and I think this match will be a good experience for her. Ana probably won't win this time but I bet she'll beat Venus in the future!!
A slight correction: she won all the ITF challengers she played this season. Four of them were 50Ks. She has won titles on clay, hardcourts, carpet and grass.. :cool:

Gowza
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
A slight correction: she won all the ITF challengers she played this season. Four of them were 50Ks. She has won titles on clay, hardcourts, carpet and grass.. :cool:
woah a very versatile player as well, titles on all surfaces. i think she'll give venus some troubke in at least one set, prob the 1st since theyve never played and venus wouldnt know much about ana or her game. i havent ever seen ana play tho so i dont know how their games match up but ana seems to be a fighter and it pays to be a fighter against venus.

Elvira
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM

Wow, I knew she was impressive on the ITF tour this year, but I did not notice she won all of the events she played on it! :eek: It is also good to see that she's done well on all surfaces. Rock on Ana! :cool:

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Her name is Ana Ivanovic, from Serbia & Montenegro. She's currently ranked #145.The WTA website says her current rank is #156. Of course, that's only a difference of 19 ranking points.

CanadianBoy21
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:29 AM
I can see some of you pull your thoughts out of your ass.
The girl had a three set marathon with golovin, and u guys think she has a chance of staying with Venus??
If Venus loses more than a couple of games I will be suprised.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:20 AM
Venus!!

Good Luck!!

skanky~skanketta
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:25 AM
venus 6-3 6-1

but i'd like to see what ana is made of.

Daniel
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:40 AM
Ana in 3 sets :D

Doraemon
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:42 AM
If Ana wins, I will hang myself.

davidmario
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM
venus 6-3 6-1

but i'd like to see what ana is made of.

Hey! I picked the score first :mad:

SM
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM
it depends which venus shows up, lately she has been uncharacteristically erratic...

id expect venus to win cos ana hasnt played anyone of venus calibre before, but you never know!

rada
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:01 PM
it was a great match 76 76 vee