PDA

View Full Version : Those who have seen Ivanovic vs Golovin...

Joana
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Tell me everything!!! How was Ana's game, about the intensity of the match, crowd's reaction, your impressions, commentators' thoughts etc.

Please! :)

Jenny.C.Fan
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM
the match was amazin, ana's attitude was so impressive and she showed great character to come back in the final set, i couldnt believe golovin couldnt close it out but ana was just superb, she is definitely guna b a big star.

Frank
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I haven't seen too much of it. I think 1 set in total. But Ana really impressed me. I didn't really heard of her before, but I'll definitely keep an eye on her from now on...:)

Ana showed mental toughness and power. She has to get her 1st serve percentage up and her unforced errors down, but I don't think she's a one-day fly...;)

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Why didn't you ask somebody to record you the match?:)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Ana, so much more improved from last yr
and from her match at DFS (must be the grass :o)

FH...... rocket launcher but she had it under control for most parts
Serve, much better than i last saw, hit it big, but also went for too much on 2nd serve. (11 aces/9 DF)

But I wasn't really too suprised, I knew she had the game ;)
but she's come on leaps and bounds in last few months.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:51 PM
The girl has tremendous guts and her forehand is scary. In fact most of the time it was Ana who was forcing the play and Golovin was just moving well and getting balls back. She had winners too of course, but she wasnīt really the one GOING for her shots...

Thatīs gonna be a problem for Tatiana...she can get overpowered...needs to get a bit stronger.

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Yeah I agree the girl really did impress me to. But her biggest test is yet to come. I cant believe she would of played any one who hits the ball as hard moves as well bigger serve than Venus on the match court.

So it gonna be nice to see how she reacts to that. cus if you thought Golvin was geting a lot of ball back that nothing to what IMO the best mover on the women tour can get

t_fan
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Well, though both girls are the about the same age, Ana looked much more mature. Just loved how she managed to control her emotions. It's fair to say that she was under much less pressure than Tati. Tati was up and down, sometimes awkward and sometimes bold. Inconsistency let her down. As for Ana she hadn't much to lose. Good serves, powerful enough and well placed. Sometimes softens the game when it's not actually forced, guess it's just inexperience. Let's see how she fares in the future, girl has the tools. Agree with some posters, she reminded me of Lindsay. She's like Davenport/2 or Davenport/2.5 IMHO :)

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah I agree the girl really did impress me to. But her biggest test is yet to come. I cant believe she would of played any one who hits the ball as hard moves as well bigger serve than Venus on the match court.

So it gonna be nice to see how she reacts to that. cus if you thought Golvin was geting a lot of ball back that nothing to what IMO the best mover on the women tour can get

True.....the test is gonna be Venus...donīt think this girl is ready for that just yet.

Joana
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks all :worship:

Sash1
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Well, though both girls are the about the same age, Ana looked much more mature. Just loved how she managed to control her emotions. It's fair to say that she was under much less pressure than Tati. Tati was up and down, sometimes awkward and sometimes bold. Inconsistency let her down. As for Ana she hadn't much to lose. Good serves, powerful enough and well placed. Sometimes softens the game when it's not actually forced, guess it's just inexperience. Let's see how she fares in the future, girl has the tools. Agree with some posters, she reminded me of Lindsay. She's like Davenport/2 or Davenport/2.5 IMHO :)

WOW, still can't believe Ana won!
But it's great to hear she controled her emotions as she is mine Vera Z./1.5 :cool:

BTW, she gave an interview to some serbian site saying it was extremely hard match for her, but she gained awful lot of experience and she is very happy!
Also she said how Vee is great... but she'll try her best tomorrow and whatever happens...!

Go girl! Good luck tomorrow!

Whatzup
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I saw the match from the beginning of the second set. I was a little surprised that Ana won the first. The first thing that I saw of Ana is that she's a great fighter. Golovin was leading 5-2 in the second, and she came back. I have to say that the quality of this set wasn't that good, but Golovin was very inconstistent and Ana got trough to 5-5 with a great first and second serve. Sometimes Ana made beautiful winners but on other points she made some stupid dessicions or made some easy unforced errors. In the last set she fought her way back in the match again, and from then on the match was much more high quality. Ana played great and was able to stay in the rallies longer and she made some good winners. She will be in the top 30 soon. :D