PDA

View Full Version : Mariaīs back!! Beats Dani 6-4 7-5

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Take that haters!! Greatest ever is back and fully swinging! Ya all said she couldnīt be top 30 players anymore?! Eat your hearts out!!

franny
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Bandabou you are too much!

Gogo123
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:03 PM
but hantuchova is currently ranked 35

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Ooooppss....so Maria STILL hasnīt beaten a top 30 player since Wimbledon?! :o My bad...I spoke too soon.

Dementinator
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:09 PM
A good win from Masha but she didnt exactly demolish Danni and she was helped by Dannis errors at the end ,but she did serve well.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Maria served well..but Dani was just returning too short as well..seems like she never got a read on where Maria was gonna serve.

franny
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:15 PM
In her defense, she's only lost to four top thirty players. She hasnt' been beating them, but it's not like she's had that many opportunities to play them.

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Take that haters!! Greatest ever is back and fully swinging! Ya all said she couldnīt be top 30 players anymore?! Eat your hearts out!!
What have you been smoking? You are this excited because a top ten player and wimbledon champion beat the 35th ranked player in the world. ok.

elevenis
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Troll and a pathetic one at that :rolleyes:

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Shaz really is gonna be one of the all times great players. She just goes for it off of every ball she just reminds me so much of Venus and Serena when they where younger.

What a player

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:28 PM
In her defense, she's only lost to four top thirty players. She hasnt' been beating them, but it's not like she's had that many opportunities to play them.

Thatīs telling...you mean since wimbledon sheīs faced only 4 top 30 players?! Hmmm.....I donīt know what to make of that.

t_fan
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Leena would have created this thread this under another nickname.
But that requires

brains
heart not of a chicken

Which one the threadstarter lacks? :)

Capster
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Ooooppss....so Maria STILL hasnīt beaten a top 30 player since Wimbledon?! :o My bad...I spoke too soon.

lol, bandabou, u funny

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM
What have you been smoking? You are this excited because a top ten player and wimbledon champion beat the 35th ranked player in the world. ok.

......;)

Capster
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Troll and a pathetic one at that :rolleyes:

lol, so true :bounce:

Capster
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Damnit HANT, you had a 5-2 lead, u !@#$%^&*()

Frank
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Leena would have created this thread this under another nickname.
But that requires

brains
heart not of a chicken

Which one the threadstarter lacks? :)
:lol:

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:38 PM
......;)

Why do you hate Shaz so much. is it just becuses she beat Serena at Wimbledon :rolleyes:
She has never said anything bad about Venus or Serena even when the press try and trick her. I think she is really enjoyabe to watch and she is just so hungry. Even if she does look like a over grown five year old I think Sharapova is great

franny
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Thatīs telling...you mean since wimbledon sheīs faced only 4 top 30 players?! Hmmm.....I donīt know what to make of that.
That they lose before she gets a chance to play them? She played those two top 30-less tournaments, but what about all the other tournaments she played in. It's not like she got a chance to play many.

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:44 PM
But cool....I made this thread as a congratulatory thread for Maria....I thought Dani was top 30, so I made the thread to congratulate Maria on her first top 30 win since Wimbledon. Is that a bad thing?!

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:46 PM
That they lose before she gets a chance to play them? She played those two top 30-less tournaments, but what about all the other tournaments she played in. It's not like she got a chance to play many.

Hmm.....considering the fact that Maria has only one QF and a SF at the tournaments where there were top 30, I beg to differ....

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Bad.... get over it Shaz is only 17 cant you just admire her for her great game instead of taking pop shots. The girl is gonna be a great bar injury and I dont say that about many players. so instead of hating sit back and enjoy where women tennis is going to be going in the next few years. When every one is back on form and playing healthy there are going to be so many calssic matchs

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Bad.... get over it Shaz is only 17 cant you just admire her for her great game instead of taking pop shots. The girl is gonna be a great bar injury and I dont say that about many players. so instead of hating sit back and enjoy where women tennis is going to be going in the next few years. When every one is back on form and playing healthy there are going to be so many calssic matchs

Cheers!!

cool bird
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Cheers!!

:lol: :lol: oi ban are you a yankees fan. cus im so upset I really am thoses bloddy red sox are going with this whole damn thing it just not fair

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:33 PM
:lol: :lol: oi ban are you a yankees fan. cus im so upset I really am thoses bloddy red sox are going with this whole damn thing it just not fair

Well..whoīd have guessed that the soxs would stave off elimination by twice rallying against mr october himself: Mariano Rivera....classic stuff.

If the soxs win this thing....that would give CHOKING a whole new meaning.

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Nice fightin' Dani :)

*kaz*
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:44 PM
omg dani. You lost after having a set point. Bad luck. It was a really good game. Not like Wimbledon atall. Dani would hit a really great serve to go ahead and then would follow it up with an error. Some of her shots were amazing. Shame she couldn't convert any of the important points.

Well done to Maria. Great fight. Nice to see you at a real tournement. Hope you can get a couple of top 20 wins.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Danka totally choked in the 2nd set. hmph

shnit.
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Choke.. :sobbing:

why Dani? hmmm :sad:

franny
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm.....considering the fact that Maria has only one QF and a SF at the tournaments where there were top 30, I beg to differ....
Well at tier two events she's "supposed" to be playing a top 30 player in the second round.

Edward.
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Maria plays another tournament and Bandy is creaming himself in excitement.

Frank
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Maria plays another tournament and Bandy is creaming himself in excitement.
Was it really necessary to put that thought into my mind? :scared: :bigcry:

Jaime Bahena
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:45 PM

Who cares? Maria won. I get excited whenever one of my favorites wins. I got really excited when Venus beat Sprem, and look at Sprem's ranking! 17th in the WTA rankings.

SzavayFi
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Oh no Daniela, this chocking is really getting me mad now. Get ur thoughts 2gether Dani, great fight though, seems like u really could have turned this into a major upset

bandabou
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Go Masha, go!!

selking
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:45 PM
wait this is spose to mean she is back. Dani is nothing these days

SzavayFi
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:58 PM
wait this is spose to mean she is back. Dani is nothing these days
tell me this............what is ur definition of nothing, well id say its NOT being up 5-2 2 set points in the Raining wimbledon champ, but ur right also, Dani HAS proved to be.......well basically nothing with her awful play and lead blowing........

Andy.
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:01 AM
Well done Maria on a good tough win. This should set her up well playing someone of Daniela's calabre. Good Luck Masha :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:04 AM
Venus is warned.....if Maria can beat Dani this easily, hmm....makes me a bit concerned for Venus. ;)

Slightly_Unusual
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
Poor Dani I really hope she gets it together in 2005

Frank
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:17 AM
Venus is warned.....if Maria can beat Dani this easily, hmm....makes me a bit concerned for Venus. ;)
No need for the sarcastic comments.

Dan23
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah righto Bandy thats enough..:p

It was a good start, a straight sets win on a new surface over a player who belted her last opponent :hatoff:
Good luck in the QF's

Jaime Bahena
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:31 AM
Do't worry about Venus's opponents. Worry about Venus herself. She might injure herself picking up her equipment bag, reinjure her abdominal muscles, or something like that

hotandspicey
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:32 AM
Ooooppss....so Maria STILL hasnīt beaten a top 30 player since Wimbledon?! :o My bad...I spoke too soon.Naughty, naughty, naughty!!!!!!!! :devil: ;)

shannonannafan
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:51 AM
Dani:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

houseoflords
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:55 AM
Greatest ever is back and fully swinging!
Not quite. She has a really long way to go before she is the greatest ever. She should start by becomng the greatest of right now before she worries about becoming the greatest ever

Hant Hant
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:21 AM
We all know that this is just a minor set back in the career of the greatest female tennis player ever, Hantuchova.

Congradts Masha for the win, and Great Effort Dani!!!

Junex
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:40 AM
But cool....I made this thread as a congratulatory thread for Maria....I thought Dani was top 30, so I made the thread to congratulate Maria on her first top 30 win since Wimbledon. Is that a bad thing?!

It goes to show how a turncoat you are!

please get over her already will you?

SzavayFi
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:46 AM
Poor Dani......... :retard: , Daniela, its time to get some professional :help: , then u can close out ur matches in reach the top 5 again :hehehe: Maria, i think u should have let Dani win that set u farthead! :ras: (jk)

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:06 AM
yay for masha! =D

Doc
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:20 AM
Nice win Masha, against a Daniela who was back on form!

bandabou
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:38 AM
Do't worry about Venus's opponents. Worry about Venus herself. She might injure herself picking up her equipment bag, reinjure her abdominal muscles, or something like that

Hmm....you canīt ready, do you? I just said: Iīm a bit concerned for Venus..what part of that didnīt you get?!

Frank
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Hmm....you canīt ready, do you? I just said: Iīm a bit concerned for Venus..what part of that didnīt you get?!
And you can't write...:lol: ;)

kikker
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:38 AM

whahaha bandabou i'm laughing my ass off :lol: , am i sensing i little bit off sarcasm over here

mandy7
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:44 AM
seriously bandy, disrespecting Danielka in 2 thread now?
shame on you