PDA

View Full Version : ITT, we list all the matches Vera has cried in during the last 12 months

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:50 PM
...and...GO....

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah that's it you keep talking - someday you'll say something intelligent!

Spunky83
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:57 PM
You´re so damn mean :sad:

Epigone
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I have mixed feelings about this thread. On the one hand, it could prove to be a way to pinpoint the type of things that can set Bepa off :o, but on the other hand, it could be used to attack her in a really bad way :sad:

So could people please document Bepa's "moments" (crying or getting :fiery: ) without bashing her? Thanks.

In that case, I'll start:
Sydney - 1st round double match - crying - Result = loss
Sydney - 2nd round singles vs Lindsay - smashed wall - Result = loss
AO 3rd round singles vs Pratt - crying - Result = win
AO 4th round singles vs Lindsay - crying - Result = loss

mboyle
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:57 PM
every single match I have seen her play. Most notably vs. Myskina at San Diego.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah that's it you keep talking - someday you'll say something intelligent!
Take a chill pill. I don't think there's anything with crying when you lose a heartbreaker of a match. Men do it. Women do it. It happens. However, I have NEVER, repeat, NEVER seen a player cry when they get their serve broken or if they trail 4-1 in a set. Vera does that often, and I think it's pathetic. The only match Vera had this year that can be justified for a crying attack is the loss to Myskina in San Diego.

And just to add to the list-Davenport 4th round Wimbledon, Serena in the semis of Shanghai, Dementieva in the 4th round of the US Open, Myskina in the semis of San Diego, and then today in Zurich.

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Well it took you long enough chicken shit!

rwb196
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
So could people please document Bepa's "moments" (crying or getting :fiery: ) without bashing her? Thanks.

In that case, I'll start:
Sydney - 1st round double match - crying - Result = loss
Sydney - 2nd round singles vs Lindsay - smashed wall - Result = loss
AO 3rd round singles vs Pratt - crying - Result = win
AO 4th round singles vs Lindsay - crying - Result = loss

First time I ever saw her (vs Majoli 2nd Round Wimbledon 2002) she was :sad: several times, in fact at the last change over she didn't even sit down in her chair, just walked straight across to the other end of the court sat on the floor against the backstop and :sad:

I hoped she might have grown out of it by now :(

CooCooCachoo
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:39 PM
:tape:

JonBcn
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I think I've seen her on tv four times this year, and in every match she's been in tears. I hate watching her, it makes me anxious. If she doesnt enjoy what she's doing I dont know why she doesnt just do something else. If I cried every day at the office, I'd look for another job. Or find a psychologist.

Helen Lawson
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I saw her play twice this year, an easy win and an easy loss. She looked upset and mad during the easy loss, but no tears.

canuckfan
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Montreal:

round 3 against Sharapova = some crying in the second set but won anyway :yeah:
quarters against Golovin = mad during all the match even if she was crushing her
semis against Mauresmo = :sad: :fiery: :sad: :help: :sad: :banghead: :fiery: :sad:

US open:

quarters against Dementieva: nuts nuts nuts :bolt: :cuckoo: :scared: :hysteric:

I really love Vera and I want her to be at or near the top where she should be. She seems to be friend with most of the russians so maybe she should ask Dementieva to teach her a thing or two about fighting and staying cool.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll overcome her problems and win a lot of slams! :banana:

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:00 PM
:tape:I second that...:tape:

Spunky83
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Vera does that often, and I think it's pathetic. The only match Vera had this year that can be justified for a crying attack is the loss to Myskina in San Diego.

She had like what? 9 matchpoints? I would have killed myself after that...basically it doesn´t matter if she cries or not, sometimes it totally destroys her game, sometimes it works out pretty fine after having lost some tears. I mean come on...that woman even cries when she´s up two breaks, I don´t think she will ever manage to leave it behind. I think she´s entertaining ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:30 PM
2003 scottsdale vs. bovina

Sean
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:34 PM
:lol:

-Sonic-
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:40 AM
Moscow against Myskina
Filderstadt against Likhovtseva.

Don't remember her crying when she lost to Sveta at Eastbourne...

houseoflords
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:44 AM
US Open against Lena D. She cried during a game, during a changeover and after the match. She was still crying afterwards as she was walking with her head down and smashing her racket on the ground.She nearly walked into my friend and I. we had to get out of the way

Chunchun
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:47 AM
USO 04 4R - Dementieva - lost :devil:

Greenout
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:13 AM
:lol:

Now here's some real stats that Bob Larson's tennis newsletter than
Bandy always posts failed to deliever! ;)

bmxbandit
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:16 AM
today against Molik.

Stamp Paid
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:17 AM
2004 China Open SF vs. Serena

thelittlestelf
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:37 AM
:sad:

Poor Vera.

Vass22
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:42 AM
Take a chill pill. I don't think there's anything with crying when you lose a heartbreaker of a match. Men do it. Women do it. It happens. However, I have NEVER, repeat, NEVER seen a player cry when they get their serve broken or if they trail 4-1 in a set. Vera does that often, and I think it's pathetic. The only match Vera had this year that can be justified for a crying attack is the loss to Myskina in San Diego.

And just to add to the list-Davenport 4th round Wimbledon, Serena in the semis of Shanghai, Dementieva in the 4th round of the US Open, Myskina in the semis of San Diego, and then today in Zurich.
Even if crying is pathetic, you should be sad for the person instead of bashing her.

pav
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:00 AM
Bep's cried everywhere Man
wept in great despair Man
that cute little Russian self beater
has cried many a litre
She's cried everywhere

She's cried in Auckland,Sydney
Gold Coast and Paree
Chicago Philly
People say She's silly
Grand Slams and tier three
can't say She's choosey
She's cried everywhere

She cries on grass courts,after You've seen Her
You would swear the grass was greener
clay courts You would have to say
She makes mud of the nice firm clay
hard courts when sprinkled stay firm
but She can make some spectators squirm
there has never been a risk of fire
anywhere near this all court crier
She cries everywhere

Bep's cried everywhere Man
quite a lot to be fair Man
She's sure done Her fair share Man
She's cried everywhere

She's cried Her wonderful tears
in two hemispheres
She's spread Her precipitation
through many a far flung nation
She's cried everywhere

She cries when She dosen't serve well
times when the racquet smashed and the tears fell
once after a failed dropper
they had to call for the super sopper
it's very hard to stop Her
She cries everywhere

She's My favourite Player bar none
wouldn't swap for anyone
it's just that Her tear storer
has a very low-set pourer
and She cries everywhere

I don't think the outbursts can harm Her
though many would like to calm Her
the tears could be given to a drought stricken farmer
She cries everywhere

I'll bet Bepa's as sure as I am
that every tear from that burst dam
will be worth it when She wins Her first slam
then She'll cry everywhere!

Keep them rolling Vera (but not too many!)

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Even if crying is pathetic, you should be sad for the person instead of bashing her.

Well first and foremost this thread was not started as an attempt to project some levity or to discuss the emotional problems of this player. It was purely a cheap shot by someone wishing to be a comedian by mocking and making derisory comments about a player who can clearly be seen has real emotional and mental problems with herself on court.
Now if the thread were titled concerning certain other players on the tour it would not had been given the air to breath. It would have been deleted immediately. That’s because a precedent has been set on this board were it’s very well to ridicule certain players behaviour - yet it’s not legitimate to question others.

Mr_Molik
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:11 PM
does she actually realise that its a problem? cos the first step to solving a problem is admitting u have one

Dirty Sanchez
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:30 PM
Vera rocks!! :worship: :yeah:

joz
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:38 PM
wasn't it Toronoto 2003??? where she lost a big lead to Smashnova??? ...and she fell to the baseline crying at the end of the match... so overcome that Anna had to walk over help her up and assist her off the court? It could have been Montreal... I know it was Canada... and I think it was a Summer tournament....

flyingmachine
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM
It sounds like she is acturely like me. :bigcry: When I was at school I cried every time we lost a match. :tape:

Epigone
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:08 PM
wasn't it Toronoto 2003??? where she lost a big lead to Smashnova??? ...and she fell to the baseline crying at the end of the match... so overcome that Anna had to walk over help her up and assist her off the court? It could have been Montreal... I know it was Canada... and I think it was a Summer tournament....New Haven, 2003 :sad:

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:00 PM
In retrospect I owe Bradshaw#1 an apology - no matter how much I disagree with his/her opinion I was totally out of order being verbally uncouth.