PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate or dislike Macy Gray?

Becool
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:10 AM
I just don't get it...

She is sensational! Her songs are intelligent, cool and have a message! She went on Brazil last year, and she is such a great person!

Some people say it's cause of her voice. Well Lauryn also doesn't have that appropriate voice to sing, and she still rules! Others say it's because of her personality...

Noel Gallagher does the same thing, and still have devoted fans.. I'm not saying for everyone from now on be a Macy fan!

Just want understand why all this hate on her? Or maybe I'm wrong about the others opinion about her, it's cause the people I have talked too only few like her... :rolleyes:

AAhhh and you have heard her song "Sexual Revolution"??? Or seen the video clip??

It just too cool :D

Vanity
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Bernardo, I think for some people it was probably because "I Try" was so overplayed, they just got sick of her. That kind of backlash usually happens when radio decides to play a song an awful lot. :( Personally, I love her voice... it's so unique and really sets her apart from everyone else. I love her writing style as well.. I mean you have to give someone praise for writing songs with titles like "Give Me All Your Lovin Or I Will Kill You". :D

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:47 AM
I LOVE HER:hearts:

SHE IS ONE OF MY FAVES.

I got her two albums.

My fave song is I try:kiss:

But I also like Sexual revolution, and the song I've commited murder ( this one is so funny)

She is unique, her voice, her style. I like everything about her. I ADORE MACY GRAY:bounce:

Alberto
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:51 AM
I LOVE HER!!! :bounce: :bounce:

MLF
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Ola BecoolSerenaLover! Tudo bem contigo?

I like Macy too. It took some time for The Id to grow on me but now I really like it. I play it more than On How Life Is. I particularly like Boo and Related To A Psychopath.

sartrista7
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:24 PM
I quite like Macy (though I concede that she does sound like Marge Simpson), though I haven't heard The Id - I thought she was trying to overplay her kooky image a bit too much, and Sweet Baby wasn't a very good single.
But she is very individual, which is always a good thing. I've Committed Murder... and anyone who can write a song as rude as Caligula must be good :o

wongqks
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:29 PM
I admit I don't like Macy Gray, and the reason is exactly what Vanity say.

The first time I hear it on teh radio, I thought it is cool and quite unique, but then after a while I hear it on radio every half and hour aand got really really irritated with it, I recall the days when I hear I try, I just switched off the radio for 4 minutes, :angel:
I mean it happen the sam eto Alanis with her song (I cannot remember the name) and I hated that song ever since.

I am sorry to say, but Macy Gray's 'I Try' is one of the main reason why I give up listening radio

DutchieGirl
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Her songs are OK, but I don't like the voice - for me it's too "scratchy"... if that makes sense. I don't think Lauren Hill's voice is so bad! :D

[S@nti]
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:43 PM
I donīt like Macy, cos I donīt like her voice

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:00 PM
If you dislike a singer cos' her songs are too much on radio, WHat about the spice girls, nsync, backstreet boys and all those teen singers:eek: :rolleyes:

Jessica02
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Macy dissed Mariah...Thats why i dont like her also her whole attitude is quite arrogant.

Voice - Unique, but not my taste really.

anabel
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:38 PM
I dont know who is Marcy Gray

Candy946
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Nothing personal to Macy Gray, but I just don't like her voice. They also over played her songs which is why I am so sick of hearing it.

sartrista7
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Jessica02
Macy dissed Mariah...

Ooh, I like her even more now ;)