Beat
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM
:yeah:

did they shake hands? ;)

*Karen*
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:33 PM

did they shake hands? ;)

lol. Schiavone probably amputated her arm this time.

Congrats Lena. :clap2:

Sonja
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Good Job Elena!

goldenlox
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:30 PM
This is the fourth meeting of Bovina and Dementieva since New Haven.
In those three previous meetings - Bovina won a title, and Dementieva won a title, and reached a Tier I final.

MLF
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:37 PM

did they shake hands? ;)Well I know you're joking, but yes they clasped hands, big smiles and said well played to each other.

DevilishAttitude
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Francesca :sad:
Keeps having a good tourn. then a bad one

Bovina though is in good form and can hopefully keep this going unlike in 2003 when all her 2002 form went :rolleyes:

Andrew.
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Lena :D

Let's continue the good play against Alyona. ;)

esquímaux
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Oooh Frannie :hug: Very nice fightin' though :)

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Udachi Lena Bovina :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :worship:

Keep winning these matches and climbing the rankings :D :p :eek: :kiss:

fammmmedspin
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:10 AM

did they shake hands? ;)
Shook hands, smiled and seemed friendly.........

fammmmedspin
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM
Francesca :sad:
Keeps having a good tourn. then a bad one

Bovina though is in good form and can hopefully keep this going unlike in 2003 when all her 2002 form went :rolleyes:
Francesca seems to have problems with Russians - they may just be to powerful fast and skillful for her to impose upon.

Part of it is her lousy luck with draws. How on earth Bovina and Schiavone ended up playing in the first round when they are ranked 1 apart this week and pretty close for months I don't know. Its not only Francesca this week as the draws are unusually hard for a few people whilst providing unusually easy points for others, but she has had bad luck quite often this year. This week Ai had Asagoe and Penneta to beat by comparison and Suarez did well as well. Change the draw and you could have had Francesca going a long way in this depleted draw.

Matchwise, she missed two shots to take a break an lead the first set which might have been telling and then she went awol in three games in the second set. She was tweaking her arm a lot so there may be something wrong there to explain some of it.

Beat
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:08 AM
Well I know you're joking, but yes they clasped hands, big smiles and said well played to each other.

no more drama? damn! na, i'm happy to hear that not all tennis players are superdivas who hate each other's guts. forever.;)