PDA

View Full Version : Errmm.. Something I'm curious about.

JC Federer
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Men keep a spare ball in one of their shorts pockets. Where exactly do girls keep their spare balls?

I know Arantxa Sanchez Vicario wore a belt that stored a ball behind her, but most girls I see shove it up the inside of their dress somewhere... Does the dress have pockets on the inside?

I've been wondering this for about 10 years but was afraid to ask.

katiektc
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:26 PM
most tennis shorts under dresses have a special pocket to put a ball in,otherwise the dresses are usually tight enough to hold the ball in place :) especially in kuznetsovas case...:lol:

Epigone
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Same place where Nadya Petrova puts the butt of her racketIt was the side of the frame of her racquet :p

Cassius
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I think it's stupid to have an extra ball up there (so to speak).
It breeds a 'just in case' attitude. It subconciously puts into your mind that you could fail and will need a backup, but if you don't keep one, it means you don't think you'll need one, which menas you're more positive.
Or something...............perhaps................... maybe.........

JC Federer
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:38 PM
So what purpose do these tennis shorts serve exactly?

If you put a ball up there, does it affect your mobility? Does it feel awkward? You can see the ball sticking out of their dress, and I just have to wonder if it might hurt when you move as the ball is chafing against you...

The pocket is on the outside of the shorts right, and not touching their skin?

Would it not make more sense to just create pockets on the front of the skirt, like with men's shorts?

most tennis shorts under dresses have a special pocket to put a ball in,otherwise the dresses are usually tight enough to hold the ball in place especially in kuznetsovas case...

I don't understand what you meant here? Where on the dress is it stored? I don't watch Kuzzie enough, can someone explain what she does?

Same place where Nadya Petrova puts the butt of her racket

Where might that be? I don't watch her either, so I don't know.

katiektc
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:44 PM
lol....erm, no you wouldnt feel it because the pocket is on the outside of the shorts.its not so complicated :)

Spunky83
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Haha...interesting thread;) Well, you shouldnīt fall on the ball, but thatīs basically it...
There are some players who donīt like to have a second ball under their skirt. Steffi played with the second ball in her left hand for a while...Justine never has a second ball. It just depends on how you prefer it.

PS: That belt thing of Aranxta looked totally stupid...

I canīt believe that you had the terrible need to ask this question for 10 years now...just ask;).

JC Federer
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:04 AM
So the only purpose for the inner shorts is to store the ball? Does it do anything else? It looks like it would make things warmer down there, and they might sweat more.

I actually was previously told (before noticing these shorts -- not sure how long they've been wearing them for) that they just shove it up their underwear. Now that would really hurt unless they were stretchy undies. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

katiektc
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:25 AM
ok now its just turned pervy :lol:
its just to hold a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dementinator
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Who can remember the funny plastic clip they used to wear!!

JC Federer
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
What of those girls who dont wear the inner shorts? They got pockets somewhere else?

I think at the USO Dementieva didn't wear a skirt, she wore some kind of red shorts... did she keep the balls the same place men do?

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_dementieva_d13.jpg
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_dementieva4_d12.jpg
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_dementieva5_d12.jpg

Or does she just ask for one ball at a time?

I didn't like that outfit btw.