PDA

View Full Version : Funny article of Andre Agassi's skeptical about fashion models...

~SunFlower~
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Agassi not so sure fashion models is good idea

October 19, 2004
MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Andre Agassi's a bit skeptical about fashion models in skimpy outfits replacing ball boys at the Madrid Masters.

``I suppose I need some time to let it absorb,'' Agassi said Tuesday after beating Max Mirnyi 7-6 (5), 6-3 at the indoor tournament. ``I think it's important for our sport to understand its product clearly. And I'm not quite convinced it's part of our product.''

Women in black tank tops and white, knee-length skirts chased errant shots and handed towels to the players. Reportedly paid $1,100 for the week, the women are appearing in one televised match each day.

``It was difficult, to say the least, to concentrate on the ball,'' Agassi said. ``But I suppose I had an advantage. I'm used to playing with my wife'' -- Steffi Graf. :lol:

``The skirts look like they're a little difficult to run in,'' Agassi added. ``I think they need to be shorter, maybe.'' :haha:

The government's Secretary for Equality, Soledad Murillo, called on tournament organizers to stop using the models, saying Tuesday it portrayed women as ``merely objects of decoration and entertainment.''

Gandalf
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I was at the tournament yesterday, and I have to say that the models were extremely stupid. They delayed the start of most of the points, never anticipated where the ball was going to bounce, and some of them paid more attention to their bras than to the tennis. Agassi always asked for three balls and then send one back, and the models were never aware of this, and were already retreating to the back of the court...it was a relief that for the next match they put the normal ballboys.

Agassi complained a couple of times to the umpire about the models, and Myrni wasn't much happier-they were breaking the players' rhythm all the time.

But I have to say also that they were very hot AND generated a lot of fuss at the tournament, so maybe they have accomplished their mission...

skanky~skanketta
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:53 AM
i love andre

Marcus1979
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:19 AM
maybe the ATP are trying to get some interest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rabbit_boi_313
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:47 AM
``It was difficult, to say the least, to concentrate on the ball,'' Agassi said. ``But I suppose I had an advantage. I'm used to playing with my wife'' -- Steffi Graf. :lol:

``The skirts look like they're a little difficult to run in,'' Agassi added. ``I think they need to be shorter, maybe.'' :haha:

:rolls: :haha: :haha: :haha: