07 2500.00 SHARAPOVA
08 2300.00 CAPRIATI
-- ----.-- ------------
09 2297.00 WILLIAMS, V (65)
10 2218.00 ZVONAREVA

If Sharapova wins two matches she moves ahead of Serena in Porsche points

If Zvonareva wins ONE match she moves ahead of Capriati

If Venus wins another match she moves ahead of Capriati

So if Zvonareva, Sharapova and Venus Williams all make the QFs ....

06 SHARAPOVA
07 WILLIAMS, S
08 WILLIAMS, V
09 ZVONAREVA
10 CAPRIATI

wongqks
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:13 AM
not meant to offend anyone, if Vera qualify instead of Venus or Jennifer, it would be a disaster for YEC, but since Vera is playing all tournament until the end, it is looking very likely

Bitter Blue Bong
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the info, Volcana. Keep us updated.

Andrew.
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:52 AM
not meant to offend anyone, if Vera qualify instead of Venus or Jennifer, it would be a disaster for YEC, but since Vera is playing all tournament until the end, it is looking very likely
Not if they spread the Vogue Russia fashion shoot around LA...

*hingis_forever*
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Yeah but if she gets it, she deserves it and besides, Jennifer and Venus have both played the YEC before, whereas Vera hasn't! ;)

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Zvonareva is cute, VERY emotional, and has a pretty big game. Vera making the YEC instead of Venus (heaven forfend) need not be a disaster for the WTA, with decent marketing. I'll say the same thing I said last year. THey should give out tickets for free to every college in California to the round-robin matches. Make sure Staples Center is full, no matter what. The lesser known players are personable and skilled. Given half decent support, they'll develop an American fan base. But you have to give a LOT of fans a chance to tell Zvonareva from Sharapova from Dementieva. Myskina at least isn't blonde.

chris whiteside
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:59 AM
It's great to see the bun fight for those last few places but what I will be looking for is to see in view of all the pull outs in the last few tournaments if they are all "miraculously" fit for the YEC.

Marcus1979
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:02 AM
If Venus wins or gets close

Zurich (Tier I)
Philadelphia (Tier II)

she could still make it.

right

???

Hardiansf
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Will Justine play YEC?

Marcus1979
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Will Justine play YEC?

I heard she is off the rest of the year

Emptiness
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Given half decent support, they'll develop an American fan base.Agreed.

They've brought it upon themselves. It was clear these players were on the way up yet they insist on marketing only Americans. Constantly downplaying other player's achievements. Its sad that the general public does not know who Justine is or Myskina or Dementieva. I think Americans are smarter than given credit for, it time to step outside the box and be a little less xenophobic. The tour has taken on a more European flavour.

I hope Zvonareva makes it, it would force them to start marketing players who are not American. That can only be good for tennis and America actually, as i think Americans are a little ignorant to events that have no direct relation to the US.

azmad_88
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:37 AM
will zvonreva and venus play philadelphia?
both rite?

Epigone
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:00 AM
will zvonreva and venus play philadelphia?
both rite?I believe that Vera is playing both Linz and Philadelphia, while Venus is playing only Philadelphia.

Marcus1979
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Vera has the potential to loose matches she should win

WF4EVER
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:43 AM
what would it take for them both to qualify? they're my two favorite players but Vee is my most fave and I'd hate for her to lose out. Of course if she doesn't produce a good result here forget it.

Epigone
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Oops, I misspoke. Sorry :o

When interviewed in Moscow, Vera said that her plans for the rest of the year are Zurich, Linz, and the YEC if she makes the final eight.

Сначала я поеду в Цюрих, потом в Линц и, если получится попасть в восьмерку лучших, то и в Лос-Анджелес,

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:26 PM
what would it take for them both to qualify? they're my two favorite players but Vee is my most fave and I'd hate for her to lose out. Of course if she doesn't produce a good result here forget it.Realistically? Finish the year ahead of Jenn, and have somebody else pull out of the YEC.

Technically? Finish the year ahead of Jenn, and Sharapova doesn't win anymore matches this year.

Maybe? Both make the finals here, then Zvonareva wins Linz, and Venus wins Philly.

Chunchun
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:26 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bepa!!!!!!!!!! Let's qualify!

*Karen*
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:38 PM
It is a disaster. Don't think Jen will play much. Russians will play alot. Vera might just make it.

mboyle
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Vera won't make it for sure.

Epigone
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Okay, Vera is on the commitment list for Philadelphia, so she might still play it if the YEC is on the line.

However, I don't know if she is wants to play five weeks in a row, and then the YEC because that is a very tough schedule.

tennnisfannn
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:15 PM
There might be a couple of withdrawals so I don't see why everyone is concerned now. I predict both Venus and Vera will be in the draw if they're not injured.Alot remains to be seen. jen doesn't seem so keyed up for the YEC, she hasn't even played a match since the USO. Unless she is banking on winning big in philly, she hasn't given herself much of a fighting chance. Untill Venus and vera win enough points, she is still as of now still ahead of both of them. But that would mean she would be counting on Venus and Vera not doing well and not playing for it herself. Time will tell over the next couple weeks anyway.
Who knows, maybe Larry has promised her that wild card!

SerenaSlam
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Alot remains to be seen. jen doesn't seem so keyed up for the YEC, she hasn't even played a match since the USO. Unless she is banking on winning big in philly, she hasn't given herself much of a fighting chance. Untill Venus and vera win enough points, she is still as of now still ahead of both of them. But that would mean she would be counting on Venus and Vera not doing well and not playing for it herself. Time will tell over the next couple weeks anyway.
Who knows, maybe Larry has promised her that wild card!
the way venus' draw is looking. if she does good her. it will come down to in Philly for Jennifer to actually advance farther than Venus or venus just get to a certain round and be assured a spot.

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I think players 9 and 10 have to show up to be alternates, so Vera will be in L.A. Her loss today, however, makes winning Linz an outright necessity if she wants t earn her way in.

Venus has really had things break her way. She has already earned 65 points this tournament, while Vera gets none. That means, even if Venus loses to Ivanovic (and if my math is right) that Venus enters Philly only three points behind Jenn for spot #8, with a more bonus point rich draw.

And Golovin, a very talented if very young player, loses to #156 Ivanovic. So Venus has an easier opponent in the 16s.

AjdeNate!
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Not sure I'd call Ivanovic easier ;)
This girl's the real deal as well as Tati.

Pengwin
Oct 20th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Mauresmo may withdraw you know, so might Serena, Davenport, Capriati etc.

Daniel
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:22 AM
Vera lost in 2R :sad: