PDA

View Full Version : Will Ashley Harkleroad ever make a run again?!

JenCpLvr
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
:sad: :confused: I'm sad to see her struggling lately, and she hasn't played a wta tourney in almost 3 months.. I know she's having personal issues, but I'm ready to see her back!! :bounce:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
What personal issues?

Justeenium
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM
a run to my bedroom? :hehehe:

Lemonskin.
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:23 PM
I remember her wonderful victory over Dani Hantuchova at the French Open. I'd never really watched women's tennis before that and that match got me into it :)

Capster
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I remember her wonderful victory over Dani Hantuchova at the French Open. I'd never really watched women's tennis before that and that match got me into it :)

LOL, that's hardly a victory. Hant was playing her F- game and Harkleroad barely won. It's like defeating your grandma 9-7 in the third.

timray
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:42 PM
She is not good enough, not strong like jen or telneted like hingis

njguido11
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:17 PM
LOL, that's hardly a victory. Hant was playing her F- game and Harkleroad barely won. It's like defeating your grandma 9-7 in the third.

HAHHAHA jeez all the guy said was it got him into tennis and that match def had alot of drama. WIth Ashley crying her way to the win. Was a great match

ptkten
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Well I think right now the personal issues have been solved, I'm pretty sure this absence is due to injury. She hasn't played since withdrawing in the middle of her match against Widjaja. It's a shame because she started to turn things around this summer and seemed much more fit and happy then she'd been in a while. Maybe someone has some more specific information as to why she's been out.

Hopefully, she can get completely healthy again, and make another run to the top 50 which is where she belongs.

Hope to see you soon Ash!

hotandspicey
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:50 PM
a run to my bedroom? :hehehe: no, a run down the road!!!! :lol:

jonny84
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I hope that Ashley comes back - her ranking is quite low now and she is not injured so she can't qualify for Special Ranking rules - but I'm sure she can easily rely on WCs.

It is a shame as I thought that she was going to have an excellent year after her runner-up in Auckland at the start of the year.

houseoflords
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I like Ashley but I don't think she is ever going to be a consistent or top player. She has had personal and shoulder issues. I hope she comes back but I just don't know if she is strong enough mentally to do it

brunof
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I hope Ashley comes back. I remember a few years ago when she played Meilen Tu at the US Open and got dumped on because she was showing her skin...:o Too bad Meilen also wore the same outfit...:lol:

It seems Ashley is pretty quick, and I think she could win some smaller events down the road, especially on clay. She has a game which suits clay...

PointBlank
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:46 AM
I hope Ashley comes back. I remember a few years ago when she played Meilen Tu at the US Open and got dumped on because she was showing her skin...:o Too bad Meilen also wore the same outfit...:lol:
I think I remember that :o Do you have a picture from that match..on either of them

azza
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:50 AM
No she wont.

brunof
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:57 AM
I think I remember that :o Do you have a picture from that match..on either of them
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/01us/01usth1.jpg

Yes, it's true, you are the Queen Meilen! :worship:

http://estaticos.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/envivos/fichas/imagenes/01400/1400.jpg

"Would you just give the girl a break? I mean I wore the same thing!"

brunof
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Speaking of another tenacious American struggling at the moment...just look above... :sad: I think both will be back soon though! :)

Gowza
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:08 AM
i thought she could have a nice top 50 career, i hope she comes back, she was extremely quick around the court and was fun to watch.