PDA

View Full Version : If Jen or Venus lose to Dani are you guys to put them down too?

Internet Lover
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:50 AM
I'll ask again when Jen or Venus lose to Dani this year.

GrandSlammed
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Venus has never lost to Hantuchova. :p

And I don't see it happening anytime soon either.

I think Capriati will stay ahead of the charging Hantuchova as well.:p

TSequoia01
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:36 AM
The answer is NO, plus I would not put down Hingis as well. The Hingis I saw tonight was in stark contrast to the Hingis observed against Seles. I am anticipating with great interest matches between Jen, Venus, and also Serena against Daniela. :cool:

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Hey, VENUS already whipped Dani and when she had an injured leg no less. :eek: :p

Seriously though, it is Hingis' own fans who seems to be trashing her at this time.

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Daniela's win is well deserved.

What wasthe last Hard court tournament Hingis won?:rolleyes:

moby
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:38 AM
obviously venus or jenn would NEVER EVER lose to daniela :rolleyes:

what a question ;)

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
I think most people in general gave Hingis her props.. she played well. Made few errors. It was her own fanbase who kinda is rough on her this time.:)

Now of course if she beats Venus I am gonna be hurt.. cause Vee is my #1 favorite. I will give her her props.. but after I take about 4 or 5 hours away from the board to recuperate. When my favorite loses I tend to leave the board as I know it will not be a pretty place. Not for long as I lurve posting here.. cant stay THAT long.. but I take a chill pill. then come back in a better frame of mind.:-)

aura of daniela
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:03 AM
I saw the thread, and was about to say that you have to excuse all of Daniela's fans, because many of our comments were straight after the match, while there was still a lot of heat and emotion in the air, but after everyone saying Daniela has no chance of beating Capriati or Williams, I think the joke is on you guys again.
It's brash comments like that that push us to hit opposing fans when there down.
Daniela has improved 10 fold since playing Venus at the Open, and the added experience she has gained just in this tournament will hold her in good stead.
At least she played in one of the biggest tournaments of the year, unlike the others.
Now, I am not saying that Daniela will win the next meeting with either Venus or Jennifer, but to flat out say she cant beat them after such a great win, with no proven reason is just plain sour grapes.

Simon
In Aure of Daniela.

Nimi
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:03 AM
hmmm.... im sure both Capriati (who rulz) & Venus (whos.... a woman), will lose to Huntuchova (or whatever) alot of times during there carrers... i must admit i didnt though she can beat Hingis

the_ancyent_marinere
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:32 AM
It appears that some posters on current threads are implying that there´s some sort of devaluation to winning against Hingis. However, there are so many power players, and beating one or two of them each tournamnet is obviously not enough for Hingis.

Twice, already, has Capriati been put through hell by Hantuchova, and I wouldn´t be very surprised if she sooner than later upsets Serena or Venus. She has both the power and tactics to do it.

aura of daniela
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:24 AM
I think that Daniela is going to take the power play to another level. Not more powerful, but smart power.
She is the most complete player I have seem to the tour ever. Daniela, as you all know has the groundstrokes to compete with them all. She has the willingness to come to the net, and her doubles play will continue to see her improve. She has the best smart serve on the tour, and she knows the placed power is better than pure power. Dani has great touch, the ability to drop shot off the volley and off the groundstroke.
And then her fitness. During the peak of hot weather this week, Daniela beat Schett, then I an interview afterwards, said that she cherished those conditions. She went to South Africa to improve on he fitness before the Australian Open, and competed in 14 matches in 14 days. She has the endurance and fitness to beat them all.
She is an amazing player, who will be the only serious contender in all four grand slam, because of her variety of play.
Many player have some sort of weakness in their game, often it is something that can't be fixed like height (Hingis and Henin), Strength (Hingis and most other players), speed (Davenport) and a second game plan (Serena, Venus and Seles), but Daniela has all those thing.
The only minor thing at the moment is her footwork due to her long, gorgeous leg, but once she build strenght in them, there is nothing that she has got.
Experience, Sorry, she has that now.
Tell me what she hasn't got, and I bet I can prove she has it, or will have it soon.

She is a God given Angel and Talent.
And as the rhyme goes, "Number 1, here I come".

Simon V

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:39 PM
I anxiously await another matchup between a healthy Venus, Jennifer and Serena, even Hingis, and Daniela. That would be interesting to watch. And hopefully it would be at a Grandslam. Personally I don't see Daniela, as much as i LOVEE her, beating Venus anytime soon. Is she playing the Nasdaq? Does anyone know?

BrianII
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:52 PM
I think if she beats Venus I would just accept it, if venus can lose to Meghann why not daniela .....now if she beats Venus wearing that black cocktail dress number and appears on the cover of Vogue(with a dejected Venus in the background) having eclipsed venus both on the court and in the fashion department too .....that I may find a little hard to handle ;)

tennisfun
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Daniela has improved 10 fold since she played Venus at the AO? Really? I didn'y see her match against Marti, but I watched the match against Venus and she played great. She had Marti's touch, and a lot more power. At that time, some people had already stated that if she played like taht against other players such as Marti and Monica, she would beat them. I really look foward to her match up against the sisters because I feel it's going to be really exciting. I think the sisters are going to be the toughest opponents for Daniela to beat. But if as someone has stated she has improved 10 fold since then, I would think she is unbeatable now.

Amanda
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes:

saby
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:23 PM
I don't think so !! If she wins it is just that she is better, it is a game, there are times you win and others you lose :D

:angel: :angel: :angel:

nikita771
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Well said, Saby. True - I would be hurt if Daniela beat Venus, but I wouldn't be totally surprised. On any given day, any player can be beaten. I know that Venus, Serena, Martina, Jen, etc are not totally invinsible. That makes it easier to get over a loss - realizing that they are human and prone to make mistakes and have those off days where the competition is just getting the best of you.

essielewis
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:34 PM
I think Daniela Hantuchova played an incredible match against Hingis. I can't believe that backhand.:eek: This was a great win for her but, unfortunately she will have to back it up almost immediately at another Tier 1 (I'm guessing Daniela will play in Key Biscayne). These tournaments are all so close together the players don't have a chance to savor a victory.

Key Biscayne will include the three top women who didn't play at IW so this will be a great test for Daniela. It's hard to tell if she could beat Venus or Jennifer but right now confidence is a big factor and Daniela should have loads of confidence.:) She sure has the game to beat anybody.

Volcana
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Internet Lover - If you expect me to say that Venus or Serena is going to shut out Daniela for an entire career, you're out of your mind. But it's a lot easier to say 'its just a loss' when your players has won 2 of the last 3 GS titles. Or won the tournament the week before.

aura of daniela - I personally thing that 'smart power' is where we are NOW. There's a reason that some power players win a lot, and some don't. Everyone but Martina in the top ten hits the ball hard. Look at their records this year against each other. (Lindsay's been out all year of course.)

5-1 Venus
3-1 Jennifer
3-0 Serena

2-2 Kim
1-1 Jelena (The loss was a walkover)

2-5 Monica
1-4 Amelie
0-5 Justine

They ALL hit hard. That isn't the difference. I think the difference IS in smart play. The best players have all the tools, AND know when to use them. I'll call in an expert to back my opinion.

I mean, even like the Williams sister, they have finesse in the game. Venus, she can come in and do pretty much any shot. The same as Serena and Jennifer. When you practice with one of them, they can -- you can do any drill, any type of thing you want out there. They know the game.

Guess who?

Martina Hingis March 13th 2002, Indian Wells

Here's a link to a copy of the interview.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13448

GrandSlammed
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:10 PM
It's bandwagon jumpin' time!! LOL.

Internet Lover
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:47 AM
I was tired last night. I just got from work and was tryin to stay up to watch Kylie and stuff so I just made up these dumb threads just to rag on the Martina haters. Sorry you guys wasted your time answering a crap thread. :o

Dawn Marie
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:50 AM
LOL@InternetLover, well at least you're honest:)