PDA

View Full Version : Doubles in 2005

silverwhite
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Who would you like to see play together next year? I think Alicia and Ai have decided to do so. Sveta is going to find a new partner because she wants to cut down on her doubles.

I definitely want to see the sisters play together again. It would help them regain the confidence to lift their games in singles. Sveta and Bovina would be nice too, since Bovina doesn't seem to have a fixed partner.

jrm
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Who is Raymond playing with?

Is Likhovtseva back playing with Black and if so who is Stubbs teaming with?

Bovina plays with different partners every week

bmxbandit
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I want Dokic/Clijsters or Dokic/Petrova back :(

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I want navratilova-Davenport!!!! both as their last year on tour.

ChrisGermany
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:05 PM
IŽd love to see Sveta and Martina back together. As Martina might want to play a VERY limited schedule around the top4 GS events that might be the key to get together with Sveta for a final season. Let them play Sidney, Miami, a clay event, a grass event, a hardcourt event and an indoor one - and weŽll see.

I think ElenaL might get together with Petrova.

Mr_Molik
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:29 AM
i want alicia/babsi back!! look how easily they tore apart the weak stockholm field :cool:
but im also happy 4 alicia to play with ai :hearts:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Daniela/ElenaD
Daniela/Nastya
Daniela/Kimmie
Tati/Makiri
Tati/LenaD

Capster
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Jelena Dokic says she wants to play more doubles according to that interview that was posted on the board today. I would love to see

Dokic/Hantuchova

or Clijsters/Hantuchova

or even Mauresmo/Hantuchova

Berlin_Calling
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Venus/Serena vs. Bovina/Davenport. Battle of the Big Babes :eek:

Andrew.
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Bovina/Lindsay :drool:

David Barker
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Lina Krasnoroutskaya and Karolina Sprem xx

GermanBoy
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:59 PM
A team like Navratilova/Davenport or Navratilova/Henin-Hardenne would be awesome
Lindsay and Navratilova could have meant Gold in Athens... :) I think, Navratilova/Raymond is an old fashioned doubles team without a power player.....

martinafan
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I really look forward to seeing Molik/Sugiyama next year, and also Jelena Dokic playing doubles regularly (hope she finds a good permanent partner!)

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I want to see Venus and Serena play some more doubles. They're a great team and have great communication on court and their games complement each other's games.

ex hopman
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:09 AM
I don't think Ai will play Molik next year.
Ai is looking for a new partner again. Personally, I want Ai to play with Elena-D or back with Kim.

martinafan
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:42 AM
I don't think Ai will play Molik next year.
Ai is looking for a new partner again. Personally, I want Ai to play with Elena-D or back with Kim.
WHere did you hear this? IF it's true i'm so :sad:

I was really looking forward to seeing Ai/Alicia....they would make a great team!

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N
Oct 21st, 2004, 04:45 AM
I really look forward to seeing dokic/ivanovic next year!!!

ex hopman
Oct 21st, 2004, 02:50 PM
WHere did you hear this? IF it's true i'm so :sad:

I was really looking forward to seeing Ai/Alicia....they would make a great team!
originally Ai and Alicia were supposed to play together for 3 tournaments which are Germany, Moscow and Zurich for "tryout".
Seems like they are not playing in Swiss tourney... i thought they would be a great team too!!

Mr_Molik
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM
thats weird cos in their only match together they had a good win over farina elia/schiavone and then the walkover, so its not like their struggling
is ai playing doubles at all this week though?

martinafan
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM
originally Ai and Alicia were supposed to play together for 3 tournaments which are Germany, Moscow and Zurich for "tryout".
Seems like they are not playing in Swiss tourney... i thought they would be a great team too!!
Unfortunately, they had to pull out of Filderstadt cause Alicia had a thigh injury which stopped Alicia from playing at moscow as well. I have a feeling that Ai decided not to play doubles at Zurich simply to focus on her singles.

Maybe they'll play together at Philadelphia....they're both playing there???

I just really want to see them together - they would be awesome! :)

Chunchun
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:01 PM
LenaD/LinaK :worship:

Queens :angel:

azmad_88
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:09 PM
Bovina/Lindsay :drool:

both dont have mobility..not so good..
lindsay and morario much better than that

Vut
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:32 PM
i want Tammy / Sharapova again!!!

CooCooCachoo
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Neha & Shikha :bounce:

Maria Elena & Flavia :)

I hope Jelena K. and Claudine will start playing together more often too :)

selesbooz
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:51 PM
i want Tammy / Sharapova again!!!

Me too, also Monica with anyone :hearts:

David Barker
Oct 23rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
LenaD/LinaK :worship:

Queens :angel:

The most glamorous as well!!
:worship:

HotSpot
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
i want Ai... play with different partner every week :)

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Sugiyama+Raymond

freemartha22
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Sugiyama/Molik :)
Raymond/Stubbs :worship:
Hantuchova/Navratilova :cuckoo:
Petrova/Bovina :shrug:
Black/Huber :shrug:
Shaughnessy ????

In philly....
Molik/Raymond as I don't think Ai is playing in Philadelphia :)

Katha-Ger
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Stubbs/Raymond :rocker2:
Mauresmo/Sugiyama :kiss:

johnboy4
Oct 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
myskina/zvonareva

Doggy
Oct 23rd, 2004, 05:58 PM
Jelena Dokic says she wants to play more doubles according to that interview that was posted on the board today. I would love to see

Dokic/Hantuchova

or Clijsters/Hantuchova

or even Mauresmo/Hantuchova

Yes, or Hantuchova needs to surround herself with like former #1's to boost her confidence. She should play doubles with Martina Naviroltova (sp?), Justine Henin-Hardenne, Serena Williams, or lindsay davenport

New_balls_please
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Golovin/Lena D
Hantuchova/Martina
Dokic/Kim

crazillo
Oct 23rd, 2004, 06:44 PM
I hope Maggie finds someone. In the only year she had a consistent partner she had a lot of success....

I think ALG is a good partner for many players as well.

daniela86
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:09 PM
I would like to see Dokic/Maleeva, both can be very good in doubles and don't have a regular partner!
Dokic/Ivanovic is also a handsome team!! :worship: :bounce:
Hantuchova/Bovina :D
Kim/Daniela :) :bounce:
Lindsay/Maria Sharapova :hearts:
Jankovic/Kim :hearts: :hearts: I think Jelena should play more doubles and Kim also!She succeed when she played doubles!! :)
Vera/Nastya is also a good team :yeah: I hope they'll stay together!
LenaD/Dulko :bounce: :hearts:

crazillo
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
I doubt Maleeva will play with Dokic after Jelena honestly dropped her very fast in Wimbledon...

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Oct 23rd, 2004, 09:15 PM
I would love to see Daniela and Jelena Dokic playing together!!! Or Daniela and Iveta!! Good luck in 2005 Daniela.. OR the Best team in the world would be DANIELA HANTUCHOVA W/ SERENA WILLIAMS!! Maybe we will see it happen..

croat123
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
sprem/anyone - i just want her to play
kostanic/jugic-salkic - they beat the top team in the world to win a tournament and then didn't play anymore

TennisHack
Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:36 PM
Groenefeld/Gagliardi were a good match this year -- too bad Anna-Lena played in Zurich with a wrist injury :( She would be a good match with someone speedy.

I don't think Kim is going to start playing a full load of doubles again, but she and Ai were a great team :)

mboyle
Oct 24th, 2004, 02:59 AM
I want Navratilova/Venus Williams really really badly. I think it would be unbelievably helpful for the latter.

vettipooh
Oct 24th, 2004, 03:05 AM
I think I would really enjoy...Lindsay/Venus vs Jcap/Serena. What a match that would be!!!!

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 24th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Sharapova/Kournikova.

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Id like to see Bovina team up with someone for a whole season .. preferably Petrova :D

Bovina/Petrova :kiss: or Bovina/Kuznetsova :kiss: ...

or a dream team of

Bovina/Davenport

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 24th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Id like to see Bovina team up with someone for a whole season .. preferably Petrova :D

Bovina/Petrova :kiss: or Bovina/Kuznetsova :kiss: ...

or a dream team of

Bovina/Davenport
No, you cant take Nadia away from Meghan, they are the only ones that can stop Paola/Viginia.