PDA

View Full Version : It is not the end of the world!

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Yeah, Hantuchova spanked Hingis at Indian Wells,
but VENUS beat her at OZ with her own style of game.

The power game is just the next or current phase of tennis at this time. If one does not adjust and compensate, then they will be left in the dust by the new breed of players.

That's the name of the game; winning and/or losing, but most of all it is just playing the game.

harloo
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:56 AM
True Tee Rexx. You would think it's the end of the world on this board since Daniela beat Martina. lmao!! Too funny:D

GrandSlammed
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Damn.... these folks have gone KaRaaazy up in here,lol...

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:13 AM
A loss by Hingis is seen by some as the sky falling.

VENUS wins most of the time, but loses sometime as well.
Williams fans seem to be able to take her occassional losses in stride.

Only the movie version of Chucky lives forever. :p

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:44 AM
Agree:wavey:

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Yeah, just a 9.5 quake, that's all.
Life on earth is still in tact. :p

Crazy Canuck
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:46 AM
"A loss by Hingis is seen by some as the sky falling.

VENUS wins most of the time, but loses sometime as well.
Williams fans seem to be able to take her occassional losses in stride.

Only the movie version of Chucky lives forever. "

Yes - its taken in stride by blaming losses on an injury, or a poor draw, poor scheduling, poor weather conditions - yup Tee, you guys sure know how to handle those losses with dignity ;)

aura of daniela
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Ok, I am a Daniela fan ever since I saw a two practise session of hers at the Australian Open.
There was only like 3 or 4 people watching with us, so we made a lot of eye contact during the session. She was always looking over at us.
So at the moment, no one playing could take me away from supporting her first and for most.
After all that, Martina fans, or just tennis fans in general, come next week at NASDAQ, who has a better chance at winning the tournament in most of your eyes.
Martina or Daniela??
I think to most fans, the answer is pretty obvious if you use your brain.
I love Daniela, but it would be an amazing feat if she could go back to back next week, whereas if Hingis had've won today, people would have almost been expecting her to back up next week........in a few months time, Daniela will be thought of like this. Being able to back up week after week with good result.

Well done Daniela, and better luck next time to all Martina's fans.

Simon V

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Becca - Now you know it wasn't that type of whining and nashing of teeth when Venus lost at OZ like you and your friends are doing now, little buddy.:p :wavey: