PDA

View Full Version : First Tennis Experience

azmad_88
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:45 PM
i mean first time u actually play?
when was it?
how was it?

i just dont wanna think about my first
my friend called me to his house. he said he is going to teach me.
so i said ok
he lives in a condominium(apartment). so when i reached there,he gave me his racquet and teach me the very very basic thing in tennis. bla bla bla
so i learn how to hit the ball.and how to toss the ball.basic movements. and everything. and all these is not even on the court yet.Just practising at the side.So when i said i was ready to play.he said ok lets go practise ur serves b4 we actually play.i think i did ok with my serves . obviously just flat.then he said ok since now we are on the court lets practise my forehand and backhand.i hit quite ok.as usual very flat the ball.its extremely hard to do topspin.anyway its my first time holding a tennis racquet.so when i said i want to play.so he said ok .and i will start serving. i took the ball and served it.it was in and my friend return it short.so i was soo happy to run for the ball (like the pros usually do when u get a short ball) and wanted to do a smash volley.i ran as fast as i could to hit the ball..not noticing there was a net.so when i wanna stop myself.i actually fell and hurt my knee.my friend had to call his dad to carry me to the side of the court.and i had to go home limping.and when i reached home i thought it would be much better.but OMG.the pain was excruciating.i couldnt walk the next 2 days.thank god its weekend.but i am really dissapointed with myself. why these things happened when my first time playing tennis :sad:

Doraemon
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:50 PM
When I first started playing, I was better than Nicole Pratty but she's gotten better then me over the years.

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I first started playing around 20 years ago. My tutor insisted that I go to the USA to attain a more advanced coaching level. When I turned professional I played on the satellite circuit for around 6-8 months then I aggravated a hamstring injury - from which I never fully recovered.

Darop.
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:06 PM
When I first started playing, I was better than Nicole Pratty but she's gotten better then me over the years.
But you sure aren't as SEXY HOT as Pratty now are you? :drool:

salima
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:07 PM
My eleven year old daughter wanted me to come and play. I thought I rather let her win, didn't want to dissapoint her.

20minutes later I was convinced that 40+ is too late in life to begin to play tennis, if you want to be really good at it :sad:

Spunky83
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I was around seven/eight. My brother used to play at a club. As I always wanted to do what my brother did, my parents bought me a kids racket and I hit balls against our wall. As the weeks passed by I started to freak them out by the constant noise from our backyard. I just hit the ball like two hours per day against the wall. Someday my mother took me to the tennis club and signed me in to avoid further noises;)