PDA

View Full Version : Jelena is in Serbia (Vrdnik)! She returned to her father! 30th Oct PHOTO!

MilanDokic
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Jelena is in Serbia (Vrdnik)! She returned to her father!

Dokic family is together again! Former world no.4 returned to her home, to her father and to Savo, her brother! She returned to her Serbia on Sunday, October 19!

She didn't mean to tell about her life in the latest two years. Jelena turned new page of her life and she looks on her future only.

"I think that's good decision. I returned to my home, and it's my private life. I think it will help me about my tennis. From now on I will work with my father, we made plan", said blonde beauty.

More on www.jelena-online.tk

PHOTO on: http://marijanacdusan.on.neobee.net/Gloria-01.jpg

MilanDokic
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Finally! I told to all people that she can do it! Next season is for Jelena!

blablabla
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:37 PM
[Maybe the mods can merge these two threads]

my translation from Novosti.

JELENA RETURNS HOME

The former world number 4 has returned to Serbia.

The reporter from "Sport" found the family to be all smiles when he visisted them at the the Dokic ranch in Fruška Gora (http://www.fruskagora-natl-park.co.yu/ (http://www.fruskagora-natl-park.co.yu/)) for his "exclusive".

Jelena prefers not to discuss events that happened in her life these last couple of years. She's leaving that behind her and is turning over a new leaf and looking to the future instead of dwelling on the past.

- I consider this to be the right decision. I've returned home and that's my personal decision. As far as my tennis is concerned this will help me a great deal. My private life needs to be sorted out in order for me to be able to compete and achieve good results. I will be working with my dad and we have already drawn up a plan - says the blonde beauty.

She achieved major successes under the tutelage of her father. At 15 she was the world junior champion. A year later she went down in history for beating Hingis in the first round of Wimbledon. The following years could be viewed as her golden era with 5 WTA titles.

Now the 21 year old finds herself languishing in 105th place but she has plenty of time to return to her winning ways.

- Basically I'm starting from scratch. I first have to take care of some health issues (dental and tonsils). My first tournament is 2-3 months away so I have plenty of time to prepare. I haven't trained properly in a while and am nowhere near what I used to be. Initially I will work on my physical preparation. In all likelihood the training will take place in Belgrade - explains Jelena.

- We have looked over everything. What happened happened. She decided that it's its best to be with her family. She has already proved that she is a great player but then was hit by a crisis. It's time to mend the fences and for her to return to her former ranking - says Damir Dokic.

Since leaving Australia to return to Serbia in 2001 she hasn't participated in the first Grand Slam of the season.

- I won't be playing in Australia next year either. The plan is to return to the top 15 in 2005 and play as much doubles as possible - confirms Jelena.

switz
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:42 PM
oh well it's her life to screw up i guess.

bmxbandit
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I dont know what to think of this.

switz
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:45 PM
it's the easy way out

Beat
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM
bad bad decision - seems she was really desperate.

blablabla
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:17 PM
looks like all the jelena haters are disappointed with this. can't be a "bad bad" thing then can it ?

the fact that she's smiling for a change speaks a thousand words imo.

she's in a great place for chilling out and unwinding. It's a beautiful part of Serbia.

I wonder if they have training facilities on their estate (courts etc) and what the facilities are like at the Partizan club (Gemaks is it ?).

switz
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:25 PM
before this thread find one post where i have said anything other than encouraging words for jelena and then we'll talk.

just because you love damir and are more concerned with her satisfying your needs as a tennis fan doesn't mean that this isn't a "bad,bad" decision. some people actually worry about long term consequences rather than their own selfish motives.

only months ago damir was taking swipes at jelena saying she is no longer his daughter etc but now of course when money bags wants back in he's only too happy to take her back.

anyway i really don't care and i'm going to take the easy way out like jelena and not come back into this thread so i don't have deal with the likes of you.

blablabla
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:04 PM
before this thread find one post where i have said anything other than encouraging words for jelena and then we'll talk.

just because you love damir and are more concerned with her satisfying your needs as a tennis fan doesn't mean that this isn't a "bad,bad" decision. some people actually worry about long term consequences rather than their own selfish motives.

only months ago damir was taking swipes at jelena saying she is no longer his daughter etc but now of course when money bags wants back in he's only too happy to take her back.

anyway i really don't care and i'm going to take the easy way out like jelena and not come back into this thread so i don't have deal with the likes of you.
I recall disagreeing with you on other posts regarding Jelena Dokic so that's where I remember you from. I find myself disagreeing with you again.

She has a hell of a lot of hard work to do before she starts getting nice returns from tournaments again. If she never achieves the success she had before she can at least make a decent living out of the sport her familiy encouraged her into and retire quite well off.

Those are her "long term consequences" as you put it.

Your suggestion that her family will somehow swindle her is preposterous.

Delija
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:10 PM
LOL, Jelena is back with Damir, it's the best thing she can do and those peepz saying it's bad disiccion well I believe it was bad dissicion of her leaving Damir two years ago, when she Damir she was number 4 when she was with Heinz and recently Bikic she reached nothing more than losses and 105th position, facts speak for them selfe and saying that Damir is out of money is useless and so if he would want money from Jelena he has the right to ask her because he is the one who invested money in Jelena, it's good thing Jelena smiles again. I am happy for Jelena and she made a wise desiccion. "" friends you can choose but familly you can't "" ;)

Svennovitch
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:44 PM
:hug: Jelena! I hope you know what you are doing but I'll support you anyway :D
Come back strong!

Venus Forever
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Oh God, Jelena. :rolleyes:

I know she wanted to see her mother again, and probably her brother, but to go back to Damir?? :o

tom2791
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Yay, I hope she comes back to her best!

AK-DH Fan
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I hate Damor, but I think it's a good decision. At first I was like why, but that how she had all that sucess the past years, mostly under Damir. Just hope that he will be more relaxed, now that Damire got what he wanted.

Very good that she can admit that she isn't in the best shape and will work on that for next year. Glad to here she's gonna play doubles, hopwfully that means she'll work on volliing more in matches.

Good Luck!!!!!When u come back Jelena!!!!!!!!!:):)

DevilishAttitude
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:20 PM
While Damir is insane this is probably the best thing Jelena could do if she wants to get back to the top when Jelena had all of her success in 2002 her family were with her when her family went so did her game :o

FLL
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I wish her the best! Family is usually what produces the best in tennis players...

I wish Anna would go back to Alla and Sergei but first, I want her to come back :sad:

AK-DH Fan
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM
While Damir is insane this is probably the best thing Jelena could do if she wants to get back to the top when Jelena had all of her success in 2002 her family were with her when her family went so did her game :o

Yuup, that's the way I see it. I think this may work out:)

AK-DH Fan
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I wish her the best! Family is usually what produces the best in tennis players...

I wish Anna would go back to Alla and Sergei but first, I want her to come back :sad:

But Alla was(arguablly) a bad influence= too strict. But that was a long time ago. I think that was the reason Anna's techniqu never developed the way it should have. At least her f-hand. Anyway. But yeah, Anna (at the same time) had the most success with them. But yeah, u're right, most players play well when their close with their family. Another example is Daniella.

miranda_lou
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:04 PM
- seems she was really desperate.
Of course she's "desperate":rolleyes: She's slipped to 104 in the world. She should be desperate.:mad: Jelena was wasting her time trying to play tennis when her heart and mind weren't where they should be. She obviously missed her mother and brother, if not her father. Family is everything to a young girl and Jelena needs her family, including her crazy-ass father.:tape:

I think this is a very, very good move for Jelena. I've been hoping for what seems like years for this girl to come to her senses and go back home (wherever home was) and I couldn't be happier.:hearts: She has an amazing amount of talent and I have no doubt she will get into the top 20 in 2005.:worship:

shannonannafan
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Oh no, I want her to be happy, but I don't know what to think. Didn't Mary Pierce try to go back to her father and things didn't work out too well.I hope Jelena will be ok, I hope she doesn't get hurt (physically/emotionally)

*Karen*
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM
I know Damir's a bit of a twat, but it isn't really good for Jelena to be cut off from her family. It'll either make Jelena happier or fuck her head up even more.

Good luck to Jelena and her family. Hope everything works out for them.

vutt
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:57 PM
LOL, Jelena is back with Damir, it's the best thing she can do and those peepz saying it's bad disiccion well I believe it was bad dissicion of her leaving Damir two years ago, when she Damir she was number 4 when she was with Heinz and recently Bikic she reached nothing more than losses and 105th position...

Well it's not exactly true. Obviously you have not followed her progress to closely. Damir was last time with her during Sarasota 2002. She had quite good results after that - QF and 4th round in GS's and very nice US hard court summer plus two SF's after USO. Damir also said publicly during 2002 summer that he will not train her any more. I think real reason why she slipped out of top 5 was other intrests(boyz mainly). Heinz also confirmed that btw.

...but I belive only way out from current situation was to reunite with her family again. She suffered a lot because of that. Damir will be good for her mental side and thats what she needs most right now. Polishing her tennis technique it's not that importnant, because I'm pretty sure she can be easily in top 20-30 even with her one dimensional game. Damir was pretty OK with Heinz, so I don't rule out possible new coaches in longer term even with Damir in charge.

MilanDokic
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:15 PM
bad bad decision - seems she was really desperate.

It's the best decision! We - people from Serbia are very, very, very happy!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MilanDokic
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:22 PM
It's the end of Jelena bad scores! I'm VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPRY as all Serbian people!

MilanDokic
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Jelena began her agreement with OCTAGON!

Hantuchov
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
OMG, I really hope she's doing what's the best for her! :)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Going (back) to Damir cannot be a good thing. I'm surprised the WTA hasn't banned him from all tournaments yet..

But good luck to Jelena. It would be good if she could come back :)

houseoflords
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Jelena has said that she really missed seeing her mother and brother. I think this played a lot in her decision to go home and give it one last chance with Damir. I'm not sure if it is the best idea but if being around her mother and brother helps her get things together, well then it'll be alright. I just hope that it doesn't make things worse.

bmxbandit
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:21 PM
It's the best decision! We - people from Serbia are very, very, very happy!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Your sense of national pride is just a bit too exaggerated.

Freakan
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I don't know what to think about it...
I don't care about her sport career so much, Damir will probably help her when it comes to tennis and that's good but is she doing what she wants to do or what she has to do?
I just hope she'll be happy again (has she ever been?)..

Kuti Kis&Monica
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
well, that means no Jelena in Australia for sure again :rolleyes:

bmxbandit
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Yup, she said she's not returning to Aus. next year.

faboozadoo15
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM
whatever works. we'll see. i cannot know what she's thinking anymore than most anyone else, but this doesn't jump out at me as a "good decision." but if she's happy and playing well after a while with this new arrangement, perhaps it could work out for her. she still has the tools (her game and the crazy asses she surrounds herself with :retard: )
why not play in australia??? it would be such a non deal if she showed up there ranked outside the top 100 and she'd gain so many points. does she think people would flock to her matches to root against her? bc me, i picture the opposite. oh well, hopefully she knows what she's doing.
GO JELENA!

Havok
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM
I can't say if it's the right move or not, I just hope Jelena's life can get back on track and then she can start to work on her game. :fiery: Still pissed that she isn't playing any Australian events, though I think this is because she is now back with Damir. She said this year that she would be returning to play the Australian circuit, and now that she went back to Damir, she isnt playing there anymore. Easy shot at gaining points, but I really don't care, I just want the old Jelena back.:sad:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:14 PM
why would u go back to the father who said he disowned you and was the main reason for tearing your life apart?! :mad:

i knno she probably did this to be with her brother and mom again...

Jelena.. i wish you all the luck~! :hug:

the cat
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Good luck to the emotionally beleagured Jelena! :D :kiss: I hope she knows what she's doing. But damn that Damir for using her mother and little brother as bait to get her home. :mad: Why hasn't Mrs. Dokic left her husband Damir and relocated to Florida with Jelena?

houseoflords
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I think this decision was all about her brother and mom. If her mom had split with Psycho and took the brother with her, this move never happens. Jelena has said several times that she misses her mother and brother. Unfortunately to be around them again, she has to be near Damir.

Paldias
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:14 AM
As long as this makes Jelena happy then I'm okay with this decision :)

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:13 AM
I guess I'm happy about the decision. It can't hurt Jelena's game, and reuniting with her brother and mom should lift her spirits. I can only hope for her sake that Damir starts treating her better.

Viva Jeca :rocker:

rada
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Going back to her family can not be a bad thing for her, she wouldn't do it if it was ;)
i wish it all works out for jelena and she gets all the love she needs from all her family and i hope she can come back happy like she was :):):) go dokic

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:20 AM
im soo happy jelena is back with her family. but i hope her dad stops on the boos.

gRaFiC
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:19 AM
oh jelena! if you play good tennis and you're happy then i guess i'm all for it.

RVD
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:35 AM
If this makes Jelena happy, then it can't be a bad thing. There is nothing more inspiring than family, and I'm certain that having that familial support will be very motivating and equate to a much better result on the courts.

I've always liked Jelena, and think that this is by far the best thing that she could've done. Just my opinion, but I believe Damir made certain questionable comments because he was hurt by Jelena's past decisions. As long as Damir isn't physically or mentally abusive, she will be just fine. And the fact that her mother and brother are there, may act as a positive influence on Damir as well.

Sincerely,

A Serena/Venus fan wishing a lovely and beautiful Jelena the very best. :kiss: :cool: :)

GoDominique
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:00 AM
I can only hope for her sake that Damir starts treating her better.
:haha:

**Jelica**
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I think this probably must be a good thing..like, the thing is, when someone (in this case Jelena) has this split from their family in which there is much bad feeling, it wouldn't make her feel good with herself. So, then because she didn't feel good with herself, she maybe lost confidance and then this effected her tennis also. Maybe I'm not making very good sense here, but what I am tryin' to say is that, maybe it was necessary for her to make this concession. Maybe it's not exactly the ideal outcome, but the only one which is possible and improves relations. I hope very much now that Jelena can have a good relationship with her father and that he would make concession also.