PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice how the crowd was PRO Dani?

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:46 AM
I don't know the crowd was really behind Daniela tonight. I know they go for the underdog and all, but when you saw the fans it was like they were wanting her to win so bad. Appaulding every point.

By the way they both did play well.. the points were closer then the scorelines suggest.

venusrocks
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:47 AM
http://www.sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/HantuchovaWIN031602.jpg :bounce:

maccardel
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:48 AM
I noticed that too but can't help noticing the similarities between Dani's posture and Venus'....I'm offended and yet flattered by it...I just don't know how to explain the emotion.

Volcana
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Superstar vs unknown - Crowds often go to the underdog in those type situations.

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:56 AM
I am by no means offended by Daniela , not at all. Infact Venus is such a special player to me that I can differentiate the two. Infact imho Venus hits harder.. BUT Daniela changes her ball direction in a clever way better then I have seen in a young player.

I just thought the crowd was really into Daniela per usual. I guess what I am getting at is that Daniela has something special..and we all could feel it. She has the look the shots and mental attitude. It was like we all were witnessing a STAR being born.

Hingiswinsthis
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:06 AM
I'm beginning to think of the Indian Wells crowd as the RG crowd #2! I've never heared such a rowdy crowd since RG by the way they treated Serena last year, and how much they pulled for Dani this year. No hard feelings tonight, Dani was just simply TOO GOOD today and Martina had no answers for this young talent.

She may have Venunesque body, but she sure does play like Lindsay Davenport- but just moves better IMO! I've never felt a power player do that to Martina since Lindsay on her good day. I mean Marti can squeak our a couple of points from Venus, Serena and Jenni in a huge point, but i found out tonight that Dani is as stubborn as Lindsay on those big ass points. Other than that Martina didn't really play badly she was just match shocked TONIGHT. We're ready to move on folks....great New Star in DAniela Hantuchova:)

maccardel
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:09 AM
great new star.

TSequoia01
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Did not pay much attention to the crowd, was focusing more on those backhands down the line. But I could understand why the crowd would be partial to her. She plays an exciting brand of tennis.. sort of like...you know who. ;) lol

Gumbycat
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:12 AM
I owe you 5 dollars Dawn. I will never look down on your predictions again :eek:

Oizo
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Yes they really cheered her more :D
They loved the way she played and she stunned them with her amazing winners!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Cool match DANI :hearts: :kiss:

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:21 AM
:wavey: Gumby uh.. don't forget that tape as well! :)

I don't know Dani just does not remind me of Lindsay not at all. She moves well around the court and Lindsay doesn't move the ball like Dani does. Actually she kinda reminds me of Serena when it comes to her shots that she played to Hingis. But yet reminds me of Hingis when it comes to her hands and technique and ball movement. But yet she reminds me of Venus with those long legs and that 1 to 2 punch shot.

Oh heck... she is Daniela and she has her style. Actually she is like a powerful long-legged Hingis with a great serve. And that folks is DANGEROUS!

He he .. watch your back Venus.:)