PDA

View Full Version : Will Monica ever beat Martina this year?

Internet Lover
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:44 AM
3 times they've played and Martina's won all of the matches this year.

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:45 AM
No guarantee they will meet again this year. If they meet more than once, I'll say yes.

nikita771
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:53 AM
She beat her last year, so I think that it's possible for her to do it again.

Kart
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:54 AM
I'm hoping that she will, preferably in Rome or even better Paris :) - but Monica will have to play a lot better than she did the other day.

louisa2k2
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Its possible becuase when hingis is having a bad day (this could probs happen to any player) anyone in the top 30 could probably beat her if they kept their nerves. If hingis is having one of her im not really interested about being on court days it makes it easier for her oponent. This went on for months at the end of last season and i hope shes not doing this again. aparently melanie was crying after the hantuchova match. Monica has got the game if hingis isnt at her best but if hingis is then i dont think monica can beat her. For some of this year martina hasnt been the player she was last year.

Mark43
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Yes she will beat her this year...I HOPE!

Volcana
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
If they both stay un-injured, if they both stay the same weight, if they don't run into each other when one of them is sick, no.

thefreedesigner
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Please no-one batter me, but in their last encounter Monica looked old and tired. Tennis old and tennis tired.

I have to think that Monica needs a rest. As for the rest of the year, why not?