PDA

View Full Version : Auction to win painting painted by stars Mauresmo, Davenport etc at Filderstadt!!!!

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:08 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/artwork_5571_rx.jpg

Bid For A Painting By WTA Tour Stars!

FAX YOUR BIDS TO +44.20.8392.4765
A silent auction is now underway for a painting created by some of the WTA Tour's biggest stars.

At the recent Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Filderstadt, Germany, Lindsay Davenport and Amelie Mauresmo - the two most recent world No.1s - along with US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, Roland Garros winner Anastasia Myskina and other Tour players joined forces to contribute to the auction artwork piece, proceeds from which will benenit Habitat for Humanity, the primary charity of Whirlpool - the WTA Tour's Premier Sponsor in Europe.

Here's your chance to own this one-of-a-kind painting. Fax your bids to the WTA Tour's London office at +44.20.8392.4765. The auction closes on Thursday at 17.00hrs London time (12.00hrs EST). Bids can only be accepted in Euros or US dollars.

The painting will also be on display at the Swisscom Challenge tournament in Zurich, Switzerland, where bids will also be taken.

For more photos of the players hard at work, please check out the WTATour.com Photo Gallery, and select "Filderstadt" from the drop-down menu.

The partnership between Whirlpool Europe and Habitat for Humanity in Europe, with the support of the WTA Tour, began this year. It follows a long-established relationship between the Whirlpool Corporation and Habitat for Humanity on a global level, which has resulted in more than $25 million in service and support donations since 1999.

Whirlpool Europe, in the first year alone, will donate 600 Whirlpool brand home appliances for the construction program across Europe. The homes, which will be sold to people in need at no profit, through no-interest loans, will each include Whirlpool appliances. You can learn more about Habitat for Humanity at www.habitateurope.org.

Emptiness
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:14 AM
I like the girls.. think they're talented but.. where would you hang this? Your child's playroom? I fear even a child has some sense of appreciation for aesthetics. :o:lol:

lindsayno1
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
the castle is just hideous! That was svetas wasnt it as her names next to it! its quite bright and imaginative thou! the only other one i can make out is lindsays at the top!

MinnyGophers
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:57 PM
lol
I guess Momo asked the other players to do this since she is the "representative" for Habitat for Humanity and Whirlpool. Awwww