PDA

View Full Version : Venus' Swisscom draw

Volcana
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Obviously, she'll have to pick up her game to go deep into this tournament, but if she plays the likeliest opponent each round, this draw looks like the last five rounds of a GS. Well, reversing Sprem and Golovin.

32 rk_17 Sprem
16 rk_29 Golovin ____ (or Ivanovic)
QF rk_07 Sharapova __ (or Hantuchova)
SF rk_05 Dementieva _ (or Bovina)
FR rk_02 Mauresmo ___ (or Zvonareva)

She sure didn't gain much from any withdrawals by other players.

wongqks
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:16 AM
sorry with the current form of Venus, it will be a difficult draw no matter,hope she pick up her game and prove that she still have game

Athena
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM
sorry with the current form of Venus, it will be a difficult draw no matter,hope she pick up her game and prove that she still have game

If her serve is on, she'll win. :devil:

Glenn
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Sprem will beat the hell out of her 7-5 6-3.

Hots4Safin
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:42 AM
There are more than a few personal matches in this draw for Venus. Payback can be quite the incentive for a Williams sister... :devil:

Let's just see:

Sprem - obvious, that biatch stole Venus' Wimby THunder!

Golovin - this could be danger, has Vee ever played her? Will vee have to play the Golovin that was at the US open :eek:

Sharapova - hmm...someone took Serena's wimbledon trophy? BEATDOWN!

Dementieva - Miami Revenge...I really wanted that all williams final in miami this year :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

FInal - who knows, but I don't think it'll be Mauresmo

kaki
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Mauresmo's just withdrawn

thelittlestelf
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Sprem-Venus should be able to beat unless Sprem plays another match of her life. Need she do this every time she plays Venus? Even so, Vee should be able to win.

Golovin-Good forehand, no real big weakness. Nothing THAT great in her game yet, Venus should win.

Sharapova-Dangerous. If the Wimbledon Maria Sharapova shows up then it will be quite a match, but if the "I win every Tier IV" one shows up, it shouldn't be ;).

Dementieva-Dangerous, but the last time they played Venus had just came back and it was extremely close, 76 in the third. If Venus serves and returns well--which is always key with Dementieva--then it will be rather easy.

Final? I have no clue. Maybe Zvonareva who Venus beat rather easily last time (62 63).

Peetz
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:28 AM
If Vee wins this she is the old Vee again!

Please go and win it!:kiss:

VeNuS#1LoVa
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah, we don't say this stuff about cheating Justine....:mad: :wavey: :fiery:

pigam
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah, we don't say this stuff about cheating Justine....:mad: :wavey: :fiery:
no, but you say she's a cheat :wavey:

go venus :bounce:

lizchris
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:37 PM

You may want to check the scoreboard; Venus is leading 6-2, 5-2 and serving for the match.:rolleyes:

SJW
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:40 PM

wanna rephrase that, Glenn? :kiss:

pigam
You may want to check the scoreboard; Venus is leading 6-2, 5-2 and serving for the match.:rolleyes:
maybe in a another decade ;)

Gogo123
and now she wins 6-2 6-2

Markus
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knizzle
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Maybe next time.

Paneru
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:01 PM

:lol: :wavey:

:hug:

SerenaSlam
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:12 PM
like usual you let your alligator mouth overload your grasshopper ass.

and like u usually do, u will not respond to the posts and threads of others b/c u is salt right now, and lookin stupid.

one thing to run your damn mouth, another to avoid knowing u were completely wrong.

stay hiding. its what i expect :)

davidmario
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:35 PM
like usual you let your alligator mouth overload your grasshopper ass.

and like u usually do, u will not respond to the posts and threads of others b/c u is salt right now, and lookin stupid.

one thing to run your damn mouth, another to avoid knowing u were completely wrong.

stay hiding. its what i expect :)

That's right, maaaan. Ähääää

Pengwin
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:37 PM
This time 2 years ago Venus would've won against anyone in the world except her sister.

davidmario
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
This time 2 years ago Venus would've won against anyone in the world except her sister.
I think Serena would have lost, too. :p

DEETHELICK
Oct 19th, 2004, 06:18 PM
I really want a Venus-Dementieva SF. Big Bh vs Big FH. Superb athletes. Awesome power.

Venus needs to play an inform Top 10 tennis player to really get an evaluation of her game. It was 7-6 in the third, but remember Elena served for it at 6-3 5-4, so it could also have been a straight set win.

I like Venus, but Elena is my fave. If this matchup were to occur and Elena were to lose, then I would love for venus to take it all.

davidmario
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I really want a Venus-Dementieva SF. Big Bh vs Big FH. Superb athletes. Awesome power.

Venus needs to play an inform Top 10 tennis player to really get an evaluation of her game. It was 7-6 in the third, but remember Elena served for it at 6-3 5-4, so it could also have been a straight set win.

I like Venus, but Elena is my fave. If this matchup were to occur and Elena were to lose, then I would love for venus to take it all.

Venus had a match point in the third :cuckoo:

Volcana
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Why is it that some people go crawling off with their (rhetorical) tail between their legs instead of just saying, 'Wow, I f*cked that one up. Next time I won't be so sure of myself' and then keep posting? Being wrong isn't a crime. Why is it such a big deal with people?

Diesel
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:39 AM

:haha:

hotandspicey
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Sprem will beat the hell out of her 7-5 6-3.:secret: Vee spanked that ass! Ouch!! :nerner: