PDA

View Full Version : How well does Venus have to do to pass Jen in Champions Race

cartmancop
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I just noticed that Venus is less than 100 pts behind Jennifer in the race to the Championships. How well does she need to do in Zurich this week in order to pass Jen? I suppose if she passes Jen & advances further than Vera Z., she should have a great chance @ the Championships.

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:37 AM
What's Jenn's next tourney?

xr6turbo
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Philly

UDiTY
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:51 AM
PhillyThanks...:wavey:

venus is playing philly too.

Go vee!:yeah:

xr6turbo
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks...:wavey:

venus is playing philly too.

Go vee!:yeah:

No probs.. ;)

DannerCal
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:32 AM
I think Venus needs to win two rounds to pass Jennifer.

Funny thing is - the last player, in this case "10" in the Chase Race still has to go to Chase in the event that something happens to one of the final 8. So either Venus or Jennifer may go as an "Alternate".

englishjenfan
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:42 PM
If Venus gets to the quarters she will be a fewq points ahead of Jen.
*Emily*

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Venus, take this spot! :yeah:

DemWilliamsGulls
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I think she just needs to make sure her forehand is on point and keep from making unforced errors...thats all.

tennnisfannn
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Venus before this point was like 28 points ahead of Vera which is within striking distance. The adv. venus has is she plays rd one and now that she has beaten sprem that gives her an extra 23 quality points vera misses out on by gettting a bye.
However becuase Mauresmos is withdrawn, Vera can easily make the final easy. barely ay big name in her quarter. Venus has an uphill battle and should she get through (which i pray and hope) she has more quality points available for herthan Vera has. Both girls have a chance to by pass Jen this tourny.