PDA

View Full Version : Kutuzova...

Andrew.
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Is it possible she was jsut a fluke? I remember her being compared to a young Seles, a future top 5 player, etc. But when you look back at her one good result, it was over two players who at the time were apparently both ill, and now are out of the top 100. She can't even win matches in 50K qualifying now. Is it possible this was just a big fluke? Can she ever duplicate that one result?

DevilishAttitude
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Probably shes not shown ANY form that would impress anyone. Doesn't make it any better for her that there are the likes Vaidisova's around who are winning tour events

Maybe shes a slow progesser :)

Darop.
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Yeh, I knew it was a fluke from the very beginning.

Never really thought she had any potential

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I saw her play Monica Seles in WTT and even though Monica was total shit out there, you could tell Kutuzova had potential. She definitely has a fearless attitude out there and hits the ball extremely hard. I think you can tell she's working on her game now and is less concerned with immediate results. She was even tinkering with the grip on her service during the matches that night. I'd say give it a couple years...

PatM04
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:29 PM
I've seen her play and she definetly has potential. If she can get it together mentally she can surely make it big. She is still only 15.

ZAK
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:32 PM
I've seen her play and she definetly has potential. If she can get it together mentally she can surely make it big. She is still only 15.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Vika's had some bad probs with her shoulder :sad:
Now she's lacking in confidence.
she'll come back :)

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:59 PM
question is-- what the hell was monica doing out there getting bagelled by someone who has been losing in 50K qualies? i'll put some of it to rust, and hope that that's just it... :eek:

jrm
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:06 PM
she reached one QF last year apart from that nothing

Gowza
Oct 18th, 2004, 11:40 PM
i think she is talented but she certainly isnt progressing like the vaidisova and karatantcheva. but dont count her out, krajicek is meant to be a big prospect and hasnt done much (compared to nicole and sesil).

Kutuzova
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:53 AM
She has tons of talent, even Navratilova said so (she said the same thing about Kuznetsova). I think leaving juniors to early has hurt her and she does not play enough to be match tough under AER. She is no fluke and will be a top 20 player in the future.