PDA

View Full Version : Daniela Hantuchova defeats.....

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Martina Hingis 6-3 6-4
Justine Henin 6-3 6-3
Emmanuelle Gagliardi 4-6 6-0 6-4

How do you think Emmanuelle feels about herself right now?

Zhao
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:54 AM
.... she would have got the title had she defeated daniela???
she would be wrong though if she thinks that way....

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:56 AM
goodpoint disposable:)

I was impressed with Emanualle(sp) That sweet backhand she hit was nice.

GoDominiqu
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Yes, but Daniela really played horrible in that match, especially in the first set, compared to her performance today (which wasn't perfect either).

Not so sure about Martina beating Emanuelle with today's performance though ... :rolleyes:

Oizo
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Daniela´s game wasn´t perfect? Well if you count those unforced errors, yes. But the winners were wonderfull and they put all those errors in the shadow, cause the winners were superb!!!!:wavey:

Scotso
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Allez Emmanuelle! :D

Scotso
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:09 AM
And Zhao... that's what people said about Daniela. *ahem*

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:30 PM
I thought the point would have been rather obvious. Emmanuelle can take a lot of satisfaction from the fact that she gave Hantuchova a tougher match than either Martina or Justine did, and she can laugh at the people who said she didn't deserve to be in the Semis.

BrianII
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:16 PM
I guess Nagyova must be thinking Aus Open 2001 was hers to lose ...since she played capriati far tougher than either Monica, Lindsay or Martina ....must be laughing at all those people who think she can't win a grandslam.......( stupid reasoning if you ask me ......each match is different )

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:29 PM
No Brian, stupid reasoning would be your post. Any idiot who can read would see exactly what I said. Emmanuelle DESERVED to be in the Semis. Not "would have beaten Henin or Hingis". DESERVED to be in the Semis. If you see something else there, your brain isn't functioning properly.

BrianII
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:55 PM
by the same reasoning then Nagyova deserves to be in the final ...but wasn't , your post is inane, Emmanuelle deserved to be in the semi's because she got there ...had the henin match been 3tie break sets in daniela's favor and hingis won the final match 1 and 2 it neither adds or detracts from the quality of gagliardi play or lack of it...she would still have deserved to be in the semi.

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Nagyova wasn't in the Final.

tenn_ace
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:01 PM
imagine how Nastya Myskina feels after winning the first set 6-1 and leading in the second 4-0 against Gagliardi and ending up loosing two tie-breaks??? obviously excellent opportunity lost:sad:

cullen
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:12 PM
LMAO! I watched Gagliardi play Conchita Martinez at the Australian Open.She was shouting, and make so much noise during the match. I think Conchita was cracking up by the end of the match, and was very close to whacking Gagliardi! LOL!

Maybes there was less pressure on Daniela playing Hingis or Henin?

The crowd sure did look freezing, yet Daniela was running around in a sleeveless dress.

BrianII
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Lets see....Henin loses to Dani 6-3 ,6-3
Hingis loses to Dani 6-3,6-4 obviously a similar score but Monica loses to hingis to 3 and 2 ..with henin performance being on par with hingis( in terms of scores ) and Monica's performance being far below that of hingis, thus below henin's in (term of scores) does that mean monica does not deserve to have advanced to a round in excess of henin ie doesn't deserve her semi appearence ...... or that henin deserves to be in the semi but not monica...as I said before each match is different and has no bearing on a previously played match or a subsequent match....

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Never mind Brian. I need to spend less time arguing with idiots.

Scotso
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Brian, why don't you just shut up? He said nothing about who deserves to beat who. All he said is that Emmanuelle deserved to be in the semis. She did, so get over it!

disposablehero
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:01 PM
It's really sad, isn't it Scotso?

No point to negativity, no good reason to debate.

Simple, simple concept:

"Emmanuelle should be proud"

Apparently the concept still wasn't simple enough for everyone.

BrianII
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Scot just cos you are a thoughtless sheep doesn't mean I have to be ...don't recall using any phrase like player A would beat player B etc........ yes emanuelle should be proud because of what she did, but not because of your purely stupid reasoning ....not suprising anyway what do you expect from an idiot who's from english speaking canada making fun of someone from the netherlands who mispells an english tournament ...how good is your dutch probably lousy ..narrow minded and a dumbass too.