PDA

View Full Version : Where is Mirjana Lucic now?

novotnaquinton
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:33 AM
I know it may be an old question.

But when I read the thread "who's the hardest hitter?" Most of the memebers on this board mention Lucic.

I realize that she has already disappeared from the ranking. Her last tournament is played on April. What's happened to her? Has she given up tennis already? Or is she bothered by injury?

Miss her so much...Everytime when I watch her match against Steffi Graf in Wimbledon 99...I feel sad because she is a really talented girl

Hope someone can provide us some recent news of her

Athena
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I know it may be an old question.

But when I read the thread "who's the hardest hitter?" Most of the memebers on this board mention Lucic.

I realize that she has already disappeared from the ranking. Her last tournament is played on April. What's happened to her? Has she given up tennis already? Or is she bothered by injury?

Miss her so much...Everytime when I watch her match against Steffi Graf in Wimbledon 99...I feel sad because she is a really talented girl

Hope someone can provide us some recent news of her

She suffered the same fate as the other former teen sensation Monique Viele. Just NEVER lived up to all the hype. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

novotnaquinton
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I know..but I think she is a lot better than Monique Viele

Lucic has advanced to the semifinal of Wimbledon..and she has won a couple of titles, but Viele...

I really wanna know what's happened to Lucic lately..I think she has to play in order to earn for a living,right?

thelittlestelf
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Lucic did not live up to one expectation except for the fact that she hit the ball tremendously hard.

She could have been a top 5 player.

To be honest I have no idea what she's doing nowadays.

croat123
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:00 PM
she still on every committment list for u.s. challengers :yawn: if she would only start playing again...

Fantastic
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Mirjana lacks the discipline to be a top professional tennis player. She eats too much and hates to exercise. It was her dad who kept her on the straight and narrow when she was kicking butt on the tour. It seems only he could do that for her. With him out of the picture now, Mirjana is probably healthier, happier and far better off, even if it costs her a tennis career. She'll come back if she matures mentally. Otherwise, I think her tennis career is over. She now has time to get her high school diploma, and then maybe go on to play college tennis and take up a position as Head tennis coach at any US college she chooses after she finishes her degree. She can have a much better life that way.

kabuki
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
- Probably at an all you can eat smorgasbord in Tampa.

Mon's boy
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:32 PM
i would love to see her back so much......she has always been my 2nd fave, along with Iva and Mervana, behind Monica
shes so talented and such a nice girl and so beautiful in person as well

btw, wtf has Viele gone? she hasnt played since june '02

Princess Fiona
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I wonder about Lucic too... I remember watching her matches on TV and that amazing power... *wow* :)

I hope she's happy, whatever she's doing. It would be great to see her back (in top form? Well, you never know... ;) That would be like a 'Hollywood story' :) ) but I just hope she's happy...

And Viele too!! I remember reading a Viele interview a few years ago and there was so much talk about her... Okay, so the interview was in German and I maybe didn't understand too much of it... :o ;)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
She suffered the same fate as the other former teen sensation Monique Viele. Just NEVER lived up to all the hype. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Not a very just comparison. Lucic actually performed; Viele never did. Viele also created her own hype; it wasn't created for her.

GermanBoy
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
At a weight watchers meeting? :shrug: Last time I saw her she was soooo fat.... :eek:

Martian Willow
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I really wanna know what's happened to Lucic lately..I think she has to play in order to earn for a living,right?

I doubt it, she hasn't made a living from tennis for five years. Her parents were quite well off, I think.

AaronJoyB
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:07 PM
she will never come back

Andrew.
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM
That "comeback" in Dothan was just strange...I don't know what to think of her anymore.

Joana
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I doubt it, she hasn't made a living from tennis for five years. Her parents were quite well off, I think.
Her uncle is on the richest people in Croatia.

I've heard some truly horror stories about her father and rest of the family, which make the Dokics look like something from Aaron Spelling's TV show. If these stories are true it's no wonder she ended up this way.