PDA

View Full Version : Russian Revolution nears End!

J_Migoe
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:48 AM
congratulations to the Russian players for dominating this year. Enjoy it while you can because when this season ends so too will the revolution.

In 2002, the Williams sisters were da bomb

In 2003, the Belgians made their move

2004 was the Russian year and how short their dominance will be.............

...next year.....i guess a new power will emerge. My guess....China!!!! and the re-surgence of the Williams sisters!!! :wavey: :wavey:

By the end of 2005 Maria, Anasticia and Svetlana will all but be a forgotten memory!!!

SzavayFi
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:54 AM
congratulations to the Russian players for dominating this year. Enjoy it while you can because when this season ends so too will the revolution.

...next year.....i guess a new power will emerge. My guess....China!!!! and the re-surgence of the Williams sisters!!! :wavey: :wavey:

By the end of 2005 Maria, Anasticia and Svetlana will all but be a forgotten memory!!!

yea im likeing that, but you CANT forget Daniela 4 grand slams that she will win next year :angel: :)

Dan23
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:56 AM

:haha:
Yeah right...:rolleyes:

J_Migoe
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Hell yeah....lol!

houseoflords
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:22 AM
The Russians are here to stay. They may not win 3 of the 4 majors next year or any other year for that matter, but they wil be a force to be reckoned with.

I think Serena will be bac at the top but I'm still not sold on Venus. Serena has showed me that she still has the desire to be on top, Venus hasn't.

Either way, Serenaisn't gonna be as dominate as she was a few years back. The Russians will be in the mix. Serena, the Belgians (if healthy) will be there too.

smarties
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:26 AM
The difference is that the Russians are verry young, there's so many of them in the elite group and if you look at the promising juniors, they are many more to come. Get ready, the revolution is Russian and it will be televised!!!

vettipooh
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't write them off so easily.There's so many of them now, that as one goes out the door, another enters. However, they will have strong competition next year if everyione is healthy.

Dan23
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:46 AM
The difference is that the Russians are verry young, there's so many of them in the elite group and if you look at the promising juniors, they are many more to come. Get ready, the revolution is Russian and it will be televised!!!
Thats right, the Russians arent going anywhere...
..2 of the 3 GS winners this year are younger than 20 and they'll keep coming

I hope your right about it being televised too :lol:

tennnisfannn
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:24 AM
I think tatiana is rising so quickly and it is logical to expect one slam next year to be an all French one. Tatiana Vs Amelie, but not at the FO

Gowza
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:26 AM
the difference between the russians and the belgians and the willim sisters is that the russians have come as a contingency rather than a pair. the top 3 russians are very competitve with the other top players and the others like sharapova, zvonareva and petrova and bovina are in a position where they could start to really compete with the top players. and dont forget the younger ones like dinara (who has taken 2 top 10ers to 3 sets in her last few tournaments), anna c, kirilenko, douchevina, linetskaya. but the russians arent the only ones with the chance to be up there, players like sprem, na li maybe even ivanovic and vaidisova and karatantcheva and tati.

of course the williams sisters or the belgians, davenport, capriati, mauresmo also have the chance to get up there, atm i dont see anyone or any 2 players dominating but i see a whole lot of them being up there winning titles next year.

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:29 AM
i dont think this pattern applies to the russians. they have so many strong players (and young ones at that) who will continue to win. they may not be as dominant as they were this year, but who knows, they could win all 4 slams next year. if davenport comes up lame again when it counts, it looks like the next 4 or 5 candidates at most slams would be russians. i would give SEVERAL russians better chances of winning slams than amelie, but serena could certainly get back to slam form one day.

Fingon
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:25 AM
trolls 1 - posters 0

J_Migoe
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:31 AM
You guys are missing the big picture.

The supernatural is at work here. I mean, seriously who would have thought that Myskina, Sharapova and Kuznetsova would win their respective grand slams. In 2003, no one ever dreamt of the aforementioned names winning the titles this year. It would have been a laughable matter. In 2002, no one predicted Justine Henin- Hardenne to win grand slams in 2003. Likewise in 2000, who would have thought that Capriati would start a run of her own and win grand slams in 2001.

Wait and listen, the supernatural is at work here.......the Russian revolution will END AS FAST AS IT BEGAN!!!!

houseoflords
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:42 AM
No J. It is you who are missing the big picture. The Russians are winning because they are good, not because they are lucky. Yes a little luck played into the Grand Slam wins but you have to be good enough to take advantage of that luck. As time will prove, it is you who are mistaken

J_Migoe
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:46 AM
They are good...of course they are good but lest we forget, athesists or not, we are all part of a web of puppets controlled by forces more superior than us!!

Circe
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:58 AM
is this an intentional troll or have you been smoking something particularly potent?

dreamgoddess099
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Don’t you just love silly false prophets who take stabs in the dark?
Anyway, while we're at it, I'll predict that whether or not any player wins a grandslam next year, chances are they'll still be doing much better than anybody here.

Frank
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:08 AM
:haha:

Chunchun
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:22 AM
:lol:

LenaD is the exception :angel:

mandy7
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:26 AM
hell yeah!

Frank
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:28 AM
:lol:

LenaD is the exception :angel:
Of course...:p

And Vera, and Maria, and Maria, and............:zzz:

chapel
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM

i dont think so. there's too many of them to just all vanish.

rabbit_boi_313
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM
:lol: let's see

Greenout
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:34 AM
trolls 1 - posters 0

We're up at GM; the Trolls are the normal posters here! :tape:

tondinh
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Wow, this gets my vote for the most stupid post of the year.

Congrats for being an idiot, Migoe. :worship:

Jasmin
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I don't know if this is true but I think their going to burn out and injuries will occur just like it did for Serena, Vee and Kim. Remember when they use to play a lot of tournaments like the Russians during their healthy days. It's going to hit the Russians if they don't slow down.

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I donīt think so.....the russians are good. At first like one or two years ago I didnīt really believe in the hype, but this year ( injured or not injured belgians and sisters) they have been putting up big results.

They will be in the mix...but itīd be foolish to count out the prior big 4 or at least Serena and Justine.

Spunky83
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Hmmm...the Williams are two women, the Belgians as well...how many russians are there currently? If the top russians (with top I mean Sveta, Nastya, Elena Da D) all just fail to win tourneys next year (which absolutely wonīt happen), thereīll still be Masha, Vera, Petrova, Bovina...so on and so on...you get the point. There are just too many of them.

Forgotten memory...lol

10nisfanofruz
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I think that the russian still dominate the tour next year and the newcomer will rise. I can't wait to see what's going to happen when everyone is ready to compete. My prediction is that there will be another russian GS winner for sure. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fammmmedspin
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:29 PM
You would have to believe in magic to see Chinese domination next year. The next biggest thing rarely arrives without being noticed and there is no Chinese player who looks like a Sprem, Golovin or Sesil let alone a Kuznetsova. The Russians have been visible since Elena D hit the Olympics and registered even before that. The Williams sisters registered on the radar before they were teenagers.

Surely the issue for next year is what happens to Justine, Kim, Serena and Venus and who else breaks into the top 10 following Maria and Sveta- it won't be a Chinese player.

J_Migoe
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Ni Li to cause some major upsets next year!!!

rhz
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Don't Forget Anna K. she's coming back !!