PDA

View Full Version : So...who is currently the most arrogant player on tour?

Tennis Fool
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:18 AM
This year has seen a change in ranks on the WTA, with the Russians usurping the Williams/Belgian crown. Plus, there are the new girls on the block, like Sesil.

So, which player has game but also tend to be bad losers?

Discuss :cool:

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:22 AM
sesil stands out because she's done so little to back up her claims. she's a good player, and i like that she speaks her mind, but i also liked seeing maria give her a little lesson (even if it did take 3 sets...)

this thread is just a badrep trap ;) you name anyone here, and there are so many negative implications with the word arrogant, and soon you have a bunch of fans of players all pissed.

serena has made some unnecessary/outlandish claims after wins and losses, and she still fancies herself the #1 player in the world.

*hingis_forever*
Karatancheva or Kuznetsova

thelittlestelf
Sesil.

*hingis_forever*
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Myskina, Sharapova, Davenport and Dementieva!!!!
Oh yeah, they're SOOOO arrogant! Do you even know what it means? :rolleyes:

Tennis Fool
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:25 AM
this thread is just a badrep trap.I hope not :eek:

I didn't title "So and So" is arrogant. Just would like to see what the group thinks.

Dan23
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I hope not :eek:

I didn't title "So and So" is arrogant. Just would like to see what the group thinks.
faboozadoo15 is right about the rep trap ;)
How did you come up with the names in the poll?
If its about being a bad loser then there is at least 1 name that definitely shouldnt be in there....

Crazy Canuck
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:41 AM

The first step should have been to see *if* the group thinks.

Tennis Fool
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Well, its not too hard to come up with these names, since they all seem to have weekly threads with "LMAO at what [insert name] said."

SzavayFi
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:47 AM
oh serena with out a doubt!

doris5085
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:50 AM

LOL

(do u speak english... :wavey: )

MinnyGophers
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:11 AM
i wonder why Justine is in there... not biased or anything, but she never says anything bad about other players, and never says anything good about herself, nor boasts about her result.....

other than that keep it going

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:17 AM

i didn't mean your post. it's just that whoever anyone calls arrogant, that players fans will get all defensive. personally i don't care about bad reps, so i gave my opinion, but i didn't want others to be surprised that their box filled up after they mentioned names.

InDemand
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Karatancheva or Kuznetsova
Kuzi arrogant??? :lol: :lol: :lol: She is as nice and humble as they come. And why is Justine in this poll?

Becool
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:26 AM
when Serena sounded so arrogant, that people are so certain by picking her? Specially this year?

Adammco
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Justine arrogant? She may not be the most sportsmanlike, but arrogant she is not!

pcrtennis
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I say Davenport...

Dan23
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:51 AM
This poll will turn into another hating session on Maria..:p
..Id like to know what reason people have for voting for her in this poll over a number of other players around who seem to like making ridiculous comments regularly..

Gowza
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:04 AM
sesil sounded pretty arrogant at the start of the year, she has had time to change her tune, dont know if she has or not tho. the others arent so much arrogant but more confident. although serena made a few calls this year that made me think. like the one at wimbledon saying she only played 20% thats a bit of a call to make.

MinnyGophers
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:24 AM
i also disagree with Maria being arrogant....
some of her fans are arrogant, but Maria herself is pretty modest imo

Mr_Molik
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:28 AM
i dont care what anyone says, u can badrep me if u like, but serena wins this contest hands down

azza
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Casey Dellacqua.

Todd Larkham :o

dreamgoddess099
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:31 AM
oh serena with out a doubt!
Way to go Serena, keep telling them all to kiss your ass while you continue to get richer and richer! You know they can't stand that.

Ekkekko
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:06 AM
:yawn:

Emptiness
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Out of the options, Sesil. Atleast the other have a little something to be arrogant about. Maybe in a year or so..

LucasArg
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Myskina.

lindsayno1
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:19 AM

DAVENPORT?! You ARE having a laugh arent u?! Shes got the reputation for being the most laid back/girl next door type of person! Do you not see how lovely she is to other players when she loses and in interviews afterwards?! She doesnt pose etc much in magazines - she doesnt like the coverage. if thats arrogant, i dont know what is!

bandabou
Oct 18th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Arrogant to me is when you think you´re best when you haven´t won a thing. Serena couldn´t possibly fall in that category, because NOBODY( save Monica, but she´s older too) on tour has achieved more than her...so the answer is Sesil..

*Karen*
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Sesil. She acts like she's the world number one sometimes. That's probably just a normal arrogant teenager though.

Certain things all the players say sometimes strike me as arrogant. There is noone in particular though.

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:14 PM
There's nothing wrong with confidence. I can't be having arrogance it's a horrible trait. Then again they will insist on giving today's sportstars millions and treating them like the next messiah. So why would expect some not to behave like pampered prima donnas.

jrm
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I can only judge behaviour on the court therefore i vote goes to SESIL

kabuki
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Martina Navratilova :lol:

Ekkekko
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Martina Navratilova :lol:
:haha::haha:

OUT!
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Capriati

Spunky83
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Hey, weren´t you the one who asked how Venus will reach number one at the end of the year?

Chunchun
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:35 PM
me dun find sesil arrogant, y her??? :confused:

me would say Myskina & Kuznetsova, both bitch

Jaime Bahena
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Way to go Serena, keep telling them all to kiss your ass while you continue to get richer and richer! You know they can't stand that.

Good point. I hate (repeat: hate) Masha, and I know I can't stop her from beating my favorite players, especially Serena.. I can't do a thing, either, whenever Sharapova goes to the bank to deposit her winnings!!!!!!!!!

Wojtek
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Sesil

Jasmin
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Kuznetsova seems to be unattractive on the inside and out.

Chunchun
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:50 PM

ARE U SURE!!?!?!?!?? WHAT A JOKE!

fifiricci
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Oh come on, Serena is the personification of arrogance (whether she has the right to be or not), no other player even comes close.

If Serena ever inspired a perfume it would be called "arrogance" :devil:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Sesil deserves my vote, but Sveta's comments on Dementieva really disappointed me so I voted for her. Sharapova's got an arrogant edge too, I guess.. I don't really think Justine and Serena compare to the others in this poll.

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I Think Serena & Venus are terrible losers always with poor reasons for defeat & never enough credit for their opponents....Hingis was arrogant but gracious too...Jenny is very gracious..Davenport too...Kim is as well......:)

Crazy_Fool
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Serena for sure...still hasn't learnt how to take defeat well...

Svetlana doesn't seem to great right now either...

Joana
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Let's see, if my fave says something bad about a fellow player it's because:
1) She's speaking the truth
2) She's only XY years old
3) She had a bad day

If somebody I don't like says something bad about a fellow player it's because:
1) She's an arrogant bitch, and she's ugly too
2) She's an arrogant bitch, and she's ugly too

Edward.
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:18 AM
A few posters on this board need to look up the word "arrogant" and find out what it actually means. They clearly don't have a clue.

Wiggly
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Kuznetsova after I read her comments...

Masha was arrogant after Wimbly, now she's OK! :)

Buitenzorg
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Sesil

Peer101
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Capriati :smash:

Martian Willow
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Svetlana is the most arrogant player in history...because of one interview. :lol:

dreamgoddess099
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Hingis was arrogant but gracious too

How come you list her as the only one that is both? The same thing can be said of Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Lindsay, ect. Every player has had their moments of graciousness and arrogance. No need lying on any player as being forever gracious or forever arrogant.

tenn_ace
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:39 AM
let me spell it: S-E-R-E-N-A

Jeleno Benesovo
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Serena! aka *miss arrogance*

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Serena's not arrogant! She has 100% belief in her abilites and knows her game better than everyone else...even you dumbass pseudo-commentator wannabees! She is the BEST PLAYER ON TOUR! Rankings don't reflect that, but she doesn't play as much as other player on tour, this year especially, BECAUSE SHE'S BATTLING A KNEE INJURY, which, if anyone of you have ever PLAYED tennis, know that the knee is quite important. This was a rusty year. Wait until 2005! Just wait! She's the best and she knows it, that's not arrogance.

Marcus1979
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Could Mauresmo be a option.

She bitches and complains all the time.

but she really underperforms. 0 slams and No Finals since 1999 Australian Open.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Serena's not arrogant! She has 100% belief in her abilites and knows her game better than everyone else...even you dumbass pseudo-commentator wannabees! She is the BEST PLAYER ON TOUR! Rankings don't reflect that, but she doesn't play as much as other player on tour, this year especially, BECAUSE SHE'S BATTLING A KNEE INJURY, which, if anyone of you have ever PLAYED tennis, know that the knee is quite important. This was a rusty year. Wait until 2005! Just wait! She's the best and she knows it, that's not arrogance.
But you've voted for Serena.

Mathijs
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:19 PM
all the players in the Poll (Serena, Maria, Justine and Sveta also) except Sesil, prolly cuz i didn't saw much of Sesil (i still haven't seen her play so i really don't have a opninion about her

switz
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I Think Serena & Venus are terrible losers always with poor reasons for defeat & never enough credit for their opponents....Hingis was arrogant but gracious too...Jenny is very gracious..Davenport too...Kim is as well......:)

saying venus is a terrible loser and capriati is gracious can only mean that you're a racist or an idiot. probably both

rabbit_boi_313
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Definetly Kuzzy imho :o

miranda_lou
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Kuznetsova seems to be unattractive on the inside and out.
I just saw a 1/2 hour show on the Tennis Channel that spent a day with Sveta. She was very funny and normal, just like any other girl her age. She spoke very highly of other players, especially Aranxta and Martina Nav.:hearts: She didn't seem the least bit "arrogant" to me.

I do think "arrogance" is necessary in sports because you have to believe in yourself and that sometimes comes across as arrogance when it is really just confidence.:rolleyes: Most of these young players are very confident, at least the ones who win.:lol:

pisces
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
sERENA>>>>yOUR 'LL CRAZY.Serena the person to kiss the other player.NOW!jennY CAP?That the lady.Where her name?

skanky~skanketta
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:15 PM
i dont like maria, but how the hell is she arrogant?justine too? wtf?

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Jennifer is Gracious & humble...the most arrogant women players ever...Serena & Venus & their parents too OMG! Hingis was haughty but she respected players too at least & wasnt unfriendly like the sisters:)