PDA

View Full Version : Best loser on tour?

Jen'sFan
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:46 PM
K, after reading about Svetlana, it certainly isn't her :rolleyes:

Just wondering who you felt was the best loser, - for me its Venus - she is very classy, never any excuses when she loses, unlike her sister. I would also say Myskina is a very good loser, and Davenport also

ghosts
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Williams, visibly shaken, said: "No loss is a lot of fun. My serve wasn't there the way I wanted to be."

Isn't that an excuse too?

faboozadoo15
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:57 PM
monica seles is the best loser ever... but hey, didn't happen very often, now did it? i don't remember anyone ever being as consistently graceful.

lindsay has said some catty things but she's usually pretty good.

dementieva always seems to have things to say in her defeat. it's also credit to her because she has to deal with SO many questions about her serve and her mental fortitude after every loss and she never really deflects it or says bad things about her opponents.

myskina- can't think of anytime she wasn't graceful, maybe i missed it.

sharapova- she never makes statements that she played like crap when she loses, but she does fall back on her age frequently i suppose. but it's always in a way where she's saying "i'm only 17, i have some things to work on. this was a good experience because now i know what to practice and how to gorw." as opposed to "i played like crap, otherwise i would have won." she never disses anyone. i think maria needs to be mentioned because she's under sooo much scrutiny right now, and as far as grace and composure are concerned, she gets high marks.

faboozadoo15
Oct 17th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Williams, visibly shaken, said: "No loss is a lot of fun. My serve wasn't there the way I wanted to be."

i think that's being picky.
she's talking about her serve, that's perfectly fine. she's saying she was unable to do what was necessary to win. she's not suggesting that with a good serving day that she certainly would have won.

Kart
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Monica :hearts:

Lindsay :hearts:

Venus :hearts:

I'm sure we can all pull out past comments from all of them which were suspect but nowadays their responses to a loss are generally exemplary IMHO.

Elldee
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Lindsay always gives her opponent a smile and a couple of words at the net, even with Svetlana at the US open.

Myskina is always friendly, she reacted amazingly when Lindsay beat her in Filderstadt. She's also very tactful when she beats someone like when she beat Likhovtsova this week.

Pamela Shriver
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Best loser on tour?
I was the best loser. No one lost more than me!

Pengwin
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I was the best loser. No one lost more than me!

you got lucky that Martina picked you and won everything with you

Justeenium
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Clijsters

/thread
:lol: at who said Venus

crazillo
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Ai...

Kart
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Clijsters

/thread
:lol: at who said Venus
Laugh away. It doesn't change it :).

faboozadoo15
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
you got lucky that Martina picked you and won everything with you
BLASPHEMY!

KV
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Monica Seles

lindsayno1
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:31 PM
davenport, she always smiles and congratulates the other person, but doesnt shake the umpires hand if they blatently were shite!

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Lindsay always gives her opponent a smile and a couple of words at the net, even with Svetlana at the US open.

Myskina is always friendly, she reacted amazingly when Lindsay beat her in Filderstadt. She's also very tactful when she beats someone like when she beat Likhovtsova this week.

Yep, Filderstadt was fun. She was so into smiling at Lindz at the net, she even forgot on which bench she put her stuff on;)

Who else? Definetly Venus!!!

Men: Just have to say Agassi...classiest player on earth!

Jen'sFan
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Yep, Filderstadt was fun. She was so into smiling at Lindz at the net, she even forgot on which bench she put her stuff on;)

Who else? Definetly Venus!!!

Men: Just have to say Agassi...classiest player on earth!
Myskina is very classy, even win she wins, she's always so gracious to her opponent.

But Agassi is classiest person ever, you're right!!!!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah I'd say Davenport, Seles, and Venus are at the top...Clijsters as well.

Just to mention a few others, I think Chanda Rubin Amanda Coetzer are always very gracious in their interviews and very completentary towards their opponents. Amy Frazier always has a smile for her opponents as well and always has something positive to say in her interviews

Darop.
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Seles of course

Wiggly
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Myskina!

thelittlestelf
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:25 PM
The woman Venus played 2nd round of the 2004 US Open, I think her last name was Uberoi :confused:.

I have never seen one player so joyful and grateful after a loss :D. She made me smile.

tom2791
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Myskina

Mathijs
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Definitely Dementieva!!!!!! :yeah:

hotandspicey
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Without a doubt....Vee, Chanda and Davenport!!!

sabandborg
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Show me the "best loser" and I'll show you a loser.

bandabou
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:40 PM
The woman Venus played 2nd round of the 2004 US Open, I think her last name was Uberoi :confused:.

I have never seen one player so joyful and grateful after a loss :D. She made me smile.

yeah..the girl was a joy.

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:52 PM

Oh yeah, she was sooo sweet. She just enjoyed every single minute with venus on the court.

selking
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:54 PM
the worst loser ever is serena but thats for a different thread

SJW
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:56 PM
monica seles is the best loser ever... but hey, didn't happen very often, now did it? i don't remember anyone ever being as consistently graceful.

lindsay has said some catty things but she's usually pretty good.

dementieva always seems to have things to say in her defeat. it's also credit to her because she has to deal with SO many questions about her serve and her mental fortitude after every loss and she never really deflects it or says bad things about her opponents.

myskina- can't think of anytime she wasn't graceful, maybe i missed it.

sharapova- she never makes statements that she played like crap when she loses, but she does fall back on her age frequently i suppose. but it's always in a way where she's saying "i'm only 17, i have some things to work on. this was a good experience because now i know what to practice and how to gorw." as opposed to "i played like crap, otherwise i would have won." she never disses anyone. i think maria needs to be mentioned because she's under sooo much scrutiny right now, and as far as grace and composure are concerned, she gets high marks.

it's cute how the ickle Monica fans don't remember her when she was at the top of the world :kiss:

LUXXXAS
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Venus and Lindsay

SJW
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:58 PM
i'm surprised people are naming top players as the best losers...:tape: they all suck at being good losers and rightly so.

Lemonskin.
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:59 PM
They're all winners ^_^

:p

selking
Oct 17th, 2004, 09:59 PM
it's cute how the ickle Monica fans don't remember her when she was at the top of the world :kiss:

Oh we remember... and what we remember is that there weren't enough oppurtunitys for her to get angry because she rarly lost. Monica has always been graceful in defeat.

SJW
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Oh we remember... and what we remember is that there weren't enough oppurtunitys for her to get angry because she rarly lost. Monica has always been graceful in defeat.

make no mistake, i love monica too. but when she was winning, she wasn't the angel she is now. and even though i worshipped steffi graf, i like the bitch in players. real winners aren't good losers :) (or people who win a lot, depending on the situation). there's always an excuse in there, regardless. and you know why? people who play to win and win a lot rarely blame it on stable factors ("oh i'm not good enough" "oh, i can't beat her"). always unstable, and if you blame losses on unstable factors, you're a "sore loser" :rolleyes:

tennischick
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:09 AM
best losers? :confused: what a concept!! :eek:

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:11 AM
i'd really appreciate some examples of monica as a poor loser even when she was dominating the game... bring it on.
if you open your mouth please have something to say next time :smash:

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:16 AM
make no mistake, i love monica too. but when she was winning, she wasn't the angel she is now. and even though i worshipped steffi graf, i like the bitch in players. real winners aren't good losers :) (or people who win a lot, depending on the situation). there's always an excuse in there, regardless. and you know why? people who play to win and win a lot rarely blame it on stable factors ("oh i'm not good enough" "oh, i can't beat her"). always unstable, and if you blame losses on unstable factors, you're a "sore loser" :rolleyes:
you just don't get it.
monica has been gracious without demeaning herself after a loss. there's a difference between saying "i'm not good enough" and saying "i was outplayed today; i look forward to the next time."

faboozadoo15
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:17 AM
i'm surprised people are naming top players as the best losers...:tape: they all suck at being good losers and rightly so.
you can still be good at something you don't do often :retard:
you can be a good loser even if it's once a year. that's when your true colors show through and you have the opportunity to be a gracious human being.
but i guess you don't get that... too bad.

ktwtennis
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:23 AM
i'd really appreciate some examples of monica as a poor loser even when she was dominating the game... bring it on.
if you open your mouth please have something to say next time :smash:Totally agree...Monica is the best!

SzavayFi
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:50 AM
i dont care if anyone dissagrees but ill have to say Daniela Hantuchova

Honey
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:17 AM
The first name that popped into my head: Kim Clijsters.
That girl is way too nice.
And Anastasia Myskina.

JLDementieva
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I think Nastya is the best loser, I've never seen her act rude or had a pissed off look on her face when she shakes hands with her opponents.

AK-DH Fan
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Ai should definately be mentioned more on this thread. she's certainly one of the bet. I agree with Daniela, Venus, Davenport, Clisters. Ai & Lindsay come to mind instantly:)

Paldias
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:36 AM

To some extent everyone is aloud to make an excuse. Like for example if Elena Dementieva says my serve wasn't there today obviously we're all going to agree with her. However if she says my forehand wasn't there it's going to be pretty hard to believe her. It's the same case with Venus sometimes she has a good day with her serve and sometimes she doesn't the fact is when someone hits 10 DF's which she did vs. Bovina you're aloud to make some excuses.

However:

...for me it would have to be Chanda Rubin. She never ever ever makes excuses except when she plays against Jelena Dokic :tape: then again anyone losing to her would want to make excuses :tape:

But besides that Chanda really has never made any comments...don't know what her issue is with Jelena though.

firefly_ac
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:54 AM
y is'ny anyone mentioning Tamarine?? She's such a sweet gal!

Think Chanda's sweet too!

pcrtennis
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Ai is one of the most classy players on tour. She smiles after every match win or lose, that's why everyone on tour likes her!

Black Mamba.
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:55 AM
IMO being a good loser isn't a postive thing or something to be celebrated. I'm not saying anyone is doing that, but that is just how I feel.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Daniela Hantuchova
Kim Clijsters
Nastya Myskina

^_^

ashwu
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:07 AM
mary always sign many autographs after even a really bad loss. who else can do that???
definitely mary. i don't want her to lose that much though :(