PDA

View Full Version : espn is reason martina loses

franny
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:13 AM
everytime espn shows a tournament martina plays, she loses. I can't remember the last time espn showed martina winning a tournament. Last 3 years aussie open, last 3 years indian wells, advanta championships a couple of year ago, acura classic a couple of years ago. Gosh, its like a jinx or something. Its been like 2-3 years since martina last won a tournament that espn has shown the finals of. Hmm, when was that last tournament? Could it be espn?

Ryan
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:15 AM
I dont really mind her losing this match. It was ONE match. And Daniela played better, and deserved it. Hopefully Hingis will do well at Nasdaaq.

treufreund
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:23 AM
It does seem to work out that way a lot. It's the curse of Pam shriver sending all that negative energy down there. ;) She won Tokyo and Sydney but of course I did not get to see those. :sad:

franny
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:24 AM
yea, its pam. And the last time she won a tourny on espn and is moscow i think and that tournament, pam didn't cover!!!!!!!!!! it was mary joe who i love and mal washington. Pam needs to stop calling her matches.

Kart
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:25 AM
Oh Martina :sad: :sad: .

Of course, if you're right then I'm going to email them and ask them to screen every match between Martina and Monica from now on ;).

ktwtennis
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:57 AM
The last time she won on ESPN was the 2000 Canadian Open over Serena Williams.

maccardel
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:06 AM
@KART---who's the beautiful woman as your avatar?...sexy!!!!!!

Martina needs to boycott any tourney that ESPN is covering.....she should play only USopen and wimbly and the finals that cbs/nbc carry....who else carries tennis in the US?

I know martina will get her chance again because it's setting itself up that the power hitters will cancel themselves out eventually.....before it used to be the finesse and thinking player now its power hitters. The game is evilving and Martina needs to be patient. She came back too soon and should have worked at mastering her game and adjusting. Her performance today is a sign that she still can get the power hitter but she always want to play their game...and that's her downfall. If Justine can control Jen and give Venus trouble then Martina can also. If Martina can beat Monica, and Monica can beat Jen then Martina can beat Jen..

Martina will master the power hitters then it'll be more interesting...I'm happy she lost because her confidence level won't be too high before Roland Garros. It showed her that she needs to still work harder and this could be the incentive for a Venus-Martina Nasdaq final....hopefully she can come back and be part of the top elite like she belongs.

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:50 AM
ohhhh this is funny, now it's ESPN fault:rolleyes:

franny
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:47 AM
lol, i was only joking, of course not using this as an excuse. Just thought this little coincidence wit espn was kinda funnie and true.

Greenout
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Previously on "MARTINA".-

Why doesn't ESPN ever show Martina's matches?

They only show Americans!

Martina is gonna win!!

I'm so piss*d that their showing Henman instead of Martina!!

Aloysius
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:51 PM
LucasARG, you've posted in nearly every thread about Martina Hingis, and each time you've had something negative to say. They aren't even opinions most of the time. What is your problem?

theheninfan
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:05 PM
I know you all are talking about her singles matches, but I will say that ESPN did show her doubles final with Anna Kournikova at the AO 2002, and they did win that match! Just trying to be positive! ;) ;) ;)

Jay
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:15 PM
ESPN responsible for Martina's loss?

hmm

I know ESPN is shite and seems to think that 'world sports coverage' means '22 hours of continious Baseball' but in this case it really is pushing it to put the blame for Martina's poor performance in the final onto the hapless ESPN.

btw Maccardel

Karts' avatar is the one and only Gaby Sabatini, one of the most beautiful players ever to grace a tennis court.

treufreund
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:11 PM
JAY, JAY, JAY!!! You totally missed the point. OMG! We were totally totally joking. Nobody really thinks it's ESPN's fault! :o

Jay
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:30 PM
phew !

thank Gawd for that :p