PDA

View Full Version : Myskina about her loss to Henin in Athens...

rhz
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:21 PM
"I'll probably never be able to forget that defeat but this win should definitely help," she said. "It's been over a month now since the Olympics and time will also help me to heal my wounds."

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Finally!!!

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I'm glad she's over it, but its still a painful match for me to think about, so i really don't know what it must be like for her :sad:

Still, this title proves she's back, looking forward to the YEC now...

rhz
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:26 PM
just a quick reminder.. Anastasia was leading 5-1 in the third, before going down 6-8. That was a semi final match.

xr6turbo
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:27 PM
just a quick reminder.. Anastasia was leading 5-1 in the third, before going down 6-8. That was a semi final match.

:o

Shvedbarilescu
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yes that was the most heartbreaking loss I can remember following tennis. I`m glad that this win starts to put that dissapointment back in history a little bit.

Greenout
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it was a weird loss, but you have to put it into perspective; it
wasn't just any player across the net that day. When it comes to the
battles of gut and will- the UberBoss is the strongest now when
she's feeling healthy. If it was Amelie across the net or even one
of the Sisters 2004 she would have won it at 5-1 in the third set.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Does it really matter who you lose against in a match like that :confused: The opportunity to win an olympic medal came around once every 4 years, she may not ever get that chance again. I don't think she was interested in 'who was across the net' do you :)

wateva
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:37 PM

duh... why didn't she gut out a win against like garbin in roland garros? u'll have to agree that myskina herself messed up her own mind. not that justine played exceptionally or what... :rolleyes:

Spunky83
What doesnīt kill you, makes you stronger!!!

I live by this rule every day of my life...and it works, well I am still alive;)

rhz
Does it really matter who you lose against in a match like that :confused: The opportunity to win an olympic medal came around once every 4 years, she may not ever get that chance again. I don't think she was interested in 'who was across the net' do you :)
She had a chance, but she was mentally broken when she lost to Molik for the bronze medal match

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:39 PM
She had a chance, but she was mentally broken when she lost to Molik for the bronze medal match
Of course, i never thought she would win that match :)

Nastyafan
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Nastya:hug: I suffered with you so much but you showed today that you have got over it. :yeah:
I know there are things that could be never returned,:sad: but in compensation the life always gives many other opportunities and you will take them:kiss: :yeah:

Spunky83
Itīs like the Molik match didnīt happen at all...

Greenout
duh... why didn't she gut out a win against like garbin in roland garros? u'll have to agree that myskina herself messed up her own mind. not that justine played exceptionally or what... :rolleyes:

Did you read my post? When JHH is healthy she's the stronger
of gut and will. She was not 100% at RG- I thought we all
understood this by now? Whatever. If you think JHH sucks
that's not my problem, and I'm not going to defend my post
since- we're suppose to be talking about Myskina here.

When JHH wants to win- nothing will stop her- ok! :tape:

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:42 PM

OK with me (of course). Donīt you guys even dare doubting Justineīs game!

Cheers and chill out!!!

Greenout
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:43 PM

We're suppose to talking about Myskina here. Don't bring in
your anti-JHH, pro-Kim stuff here!!! :fiery:

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Look in that match, Justine was not at her best, and Myskina messed it up plain and simple. I'm a fan of both players, but Myskina totally choked up the match, that was obvious. Justine didn't really do much when she was 5-1 down, Nastya just couldn't keep the ball in play.

Greenout
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Look in that match, Justine was not at her best, and Myskina messed it up plain and simple. I'm a fan of both players, but Myskina totally choked up the match, that was obvious. Justine didn't really do much when she was 5-1 down, Nastya just couldn't keep the ball in play.

Did you watch that match? I heard it wasn't aired in the UK or
Australia? It was aired in the USA, and off course Belgium.
I didn't see it myself; but seen the clips of it on the RTBF Belgian
news website.

It was a choke; but in that situation it does become a battle
of nerve, and will because every game is literally match point
for or against a player.

I'm just relating to the current interview from Myskina herself
saying that she wants to move on. She has to believe or
force herself to see that it wasn't her crappy play that lost
the 3rd set or she'll forever feel that she's not good enough.
This is what I'm talking about when I say that she needs to
put it into perspective.

Spunky83
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Oh, no...please no discussion between crazy fool and Greeny (my two reliance partners)...speaking of you guys...has anyone seen Truthwillout?

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Did you watch that match? I heard it wasn't aired in the UK or
Australia? It was aired in the USA, and off course Belgium.
I didn't see it myself; but seen the clips of it on the RTBF Belgian
news website.

It was a choke; but in that situation it does become a battle
of nerve, and will because every game is literally match point
for or against a player.

I'm just relating to the current interview from Myskina herself
saying that she wants to move on. She has to believe or
force herself to see that it wasn't her crappy play that lost
the 3rd set or she'll forever feel that she's not good enough.
This is what I'm talking about when I say that she needs to
put it into perspective.
Yeah i saw the whole match, and i actually understand what you're saying about Myskina moving on. Of course its a battle of nerves, thats why she lost, when she realised she had a chance of winning, she really could not keep a ball in play :( It wasn't pretty to watch. I don't think it helped either that she had lost a big lead to Justine before(YEC). And yep she does have to move on, but when a chance like that comes around once every 4 years, its tough :sad:

I think by winning today, she's proved that she is still good enough :D

Crazy_Fool
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Oh, no...please no discussion between crazy fool and Greeny (my two reliance partners)...speaking of you guys...has anyone seen Truthwillout?
:kiss: But no, haven't see him for a while

flyingmachine
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:22 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

hotandspicey
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:35 PM

When JHH wants to win- nothing will stop her- ok! :tape:So its fair to say she didn't want to win the the USO and defend her title???? ;)

clonesheep
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Justine has a psychological edge over Myskina. Justine makes Myskina cry, not the other way around. That, I think, determined the outcome of Athens.

rhz
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
i hope she could win in linz aswell!

azmad_88
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:36 PM
We're suppose to talking about Myskina here. Don't bring in
your anti-JHH, pro-Kim stuff here!!! :fiery:

why are using the pro-kim there?
explanation?
did wateva said anything about kim?

azmad_88
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:37 PM
So its fair to say she didn't want to win the the USO and defend her title???? ;)

nice one

MinnyGophers
Oct 18th, 2004, 02:13 PM
So its fair to say she didn't want to win the the USO and defend her title???? ;)

and so it's fair to say that smart comment when you know full well that Justine is down with a virus?

moby
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:04 PM
i think that you are all forgetting that justine was the one who messed up when she was serving for a relatively straightforward 7-5 6-4 win (i believe she threw in 2 double faults that game)

it is of course one of her gamesmanship tactics, to give away a big lead and then come storming back
you know, get into your opponent's head once and for all
after all, it's just an olympic medal at risk ;) :angel:

10nisfanofruz
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:41 PM
If I were Myskina, I wouldn't have forgot it easily. When you expected to win the match ,which was important to you, but you screwed it up. :mad: You only blamed yourself and thought about it over and over again.
Anyway, Winning the Kremlin would encourage her to get over the loss.
Myskina is a nice person and I hope that she will become no.1 next year. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pla
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I am a big Justine fan but I also like very much Myskina's style of play and personality (at least what I can see on the court ;) ). It was a heartbreak to look at this match. I am glad Anastasia gets over it!

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Justine is very good at handing out scars within the last few years. Ask Davenport, Serena Williams, Capriati, and now Myskina. Ouch.

On second thought, I hope either Anastasia or Svetlana ends this year as #1 and save it from Lindsay or Amelie just like Justine saved "the face" of the WTA tour last year by snatching it from Kim.;)

Spunky83
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:34 PM
http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=30&art_id=qw1098100624717B216

Very moving (;)) article about the big nightmare of Miss M....

rhz
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Wow...

Here's some more quotes from that article...

"It was a nightmare. I couldn't sleep, waking up in the middle of the night for several days just thinking about that match,"

"I don't think I'll ever forget it, simply because it was my life-long dream to win the Olympic gold medal,

"But time heals any wounds, so I think eventually I'll be able to recover, although now I still have those nightmares from time to time."

fammmmedspin
Oct 18th, 2004, 11:18 PM
A classic case of wanting it too much. She had justine mastered and just started thinking about winning as she said. Two points from an olympic final against Momo would give anyone bad dreams.

The important point is that she seems to have set herself a new goal winning Moscow and managed to get to that without having a similar problem. She has also become a lot lot calmer on court which showed at the FO, in that 17-15 TB and in Moscow.

In short Nastya seems to be getting better and developing into a stronger player if you take 2004 as a whole. If you divide the top 10 into people you can say that about and those going the opposite way or still having recurring problems she is probably first on the first, shorter, list.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 18th, 2004, 11:22 PM
http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=30&art_id=qw1098100624717B216

Very moving (;)) article about the big nightmare of Miss M....
It is very moving and sad :sad:

But yeah good point, you can say she wanted it too much, but i'm sure this match has made her a much stronger person