PDA

View Full Version : Why some posters alive n some banned?

Doraemon
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I noticed this quite a while ago actually but it seems if a new poster spreads a bit of shit, then instantly he/she gets banned while if you have been a member for a while, the admins seem more lenient and keep you alive till you really get on their nerves. It's kinda sad cuz I find some of those banned new posters funny and refreshing. Can we do something about this double standard shit?

Ekkekko
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Tick Tock Tick Tock....*counting to the last minute when this thread would be locked up...:D*

Ekkekko
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:32 PM
You should PM them rather than to start a thread...:bounce:

Ekkekko
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:37 PM
http://67.15.2.6/~cavweb/images/smilies/locked.gif

Poe
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM
It's kinda sad cuz I find some of those banned new posters funny and refreshing. Can we do something about this double standard shit?

The main reason topics like this get locked or deleted is that frankly you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't have any of the information that forum administrators do, and most of those "new posters" who are "funny and refreshing" have been here longer than you, may have posted stuff that's been deleted that you are completely unaware of, or sent abusive messages in private that you also have no clue about. So you can try not to have such a one dimensional view before you post a thread asking to stop double standard shit, or you can ask a moderator in private politely if you have a question about a particular member and they may or may not help you.