PDA

View Full Version : Why no WTA magazine?

JCFan
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:00 PM
This is probably a dumb question since we know the ATP is continually marketed better than the WTA. But anyway...

I was just at Borders Books today and got to see the new Deuce Magazine for the ATP. I'm not a big fan of the ATP though so I didn't get a lot out of it. The only interesting thing was an article about Andre and Steffi. And the pictures were quite nice too. I skimmed through the rest. It's really thick, like 200 pages.

I think it's really well done with great pictures and graphics. But I don't understand why the WTA doesn't have a magazine like this. There'd be so much more interest in it I would think. Do men really want to read about these guys? It seems geared toward men. I really wonder how much it will sell. I think a WTA magazine would jump off the shelves. I don't get it. Anyway, maybe there's plans in the works for such a magazine? But I'm guessing no.

Jay
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:42 PM
nope, no plans for a WTA mag, there's not a lot of money floating around the WTA at the moment.

I still don't think they have a sponsor for next year. Last I heard Sanex are dropping them.

hmm I wonder what would happen about the domain name for the WTA site? would they still retain it as www.sanexwta.com ?