PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova/Hingis: Who has more pressure on her to win the match?

Pureracket
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:45 PM
In today's final, both players obviously will want to win very badly; however, who is going to be more effected by the outcome?

First, we have the marvelous champion Hingis who may be a litte stressed about a new wave of players dealing with her game. Both of her match losses were against players (Serena/JenCap) who have always determined the outcome of the match whenever they play Hingis. However, lurking in the shadows are the likes of Bedanova, who represents the new guarde, took a set at love from her. For the past three years, the "big babe brigade" has had their way with Hingis in important tournaments. Is it imperative that Hingis win this today in order to maintain the fear factor that she has established. I could imagine that Justine and Clijsters will be watching this match closely as they see themselves as heir apparent to #1.

Hantuchova is having a nice tournament, but in actuality, this isn't our first time hearing about her(Isn't she 18? A baby in everyday life, but solid for tennis on the woman's side). Anybody who saw her in the Canadian against JenCap last year knows that she is capable of coming close. She's taken a set off of Venus and has given Mauresmo all that she can handle before as well. However, this is the biggest final of Hantuchova's career. Regardless of what her soaring ranking says, we all know that it's the actual skill and outcome of the matches against the elite that go into striking fear. In order for Daniela to establish herself as a force to be reckoned with, is this the one match that she has to win?

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:07 PM
definitely martina! daniela has nothing to loose; just to win her 1.st major title.

but martina being more experienced, I think she will make it. although I am cheering for daniela. if daniela can cope with the athmosphere of such an important final and has the mental strength needed for such an event, she will win it.

GO DANI GO!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Consistency
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:46 PM
There will be more pressure for Martina to win this tournament. With talk of a weakened field, the expectations are higher.

There is already a positive buzz about Daniela, so even if she loses to Martina in 2 sets, her image as a future threat to the top 10 will stay.

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:49 PM
cool avatar, consistency! I love RG! ;)

Consistency
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks Lola.:)

I love RG too, It's my favorite Slam next to the USO.

Although, I'm not too sure about the fans there. :rolleyes:

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:19 PM
where? at the USO or in Paris?

Consistency
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Paris.

But, I know the New York crowds have a reputation too.;)

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:26 PM
why do you say that? the crowd in Paris is GREAT!!!
do you have bad experinces with the french crowd?

-Sonic-
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:58 PM
ask martina or mary

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I think they could tell you whats wrong with the french crowd.

Mary should have stayed in Canada!:P

Consistency
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Lola,

I just finished writing a relatively long and detailed explanation, when I accidentally erased everything.:mad:

I'll just say that from what I've seen and heard broadcasted on cable or TV, ( I have had no personal experiences, never been to RG, unfortunately) some of the fans- not all of them, appear fickle, overly judgemental, persnickety(sp), and sometimes boo their faves when they lose.

Other than that, I love the RG website, love claycourt tennis, and I wish that this slam received more media coverage here in the US.

:)

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:39 PM
if you think about RG '99... sorry, but martina's fault

babsi
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:52 PM
i feel daniela will play freely to start with and she will take the first set, but then i feel that she will tense up a little and hingis will take advantage and win.

but i hope i am wrong!

angele87
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:03 PM
I think Martina has way more pressure on her than Daniela... sure this would be a huge win for Daniela but even if she doesn't win she had already made her mark in the wta and I think most players do realise that she is a threat, even if she doesn't win today.

Jakeev
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Well in the first place, Martina is rapidly gaining that confident spirit she is famous for.

She is not so afraid of the big hitters. I expect Martina to win in two sets, not because Daniela can't win, but because Martina has been in this situation many, many times before and will rise to the occasion.

Now, if Daniela can play the cleanest match she has all year, no reason for her not to have a shot at winning her first title.

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Yep, it was a two set win allright. :rolleyes: