PDA

View Full Version : Moscow : Mary's draw

Wizzy Maryfan
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Not so hard until the quarters !

First, a qualifier ! It could be Eleni Daniilidou, so it's not an easy first round but Mary will easily win this match i think :hearts:

Then, Elena Dementieva, or Patty Schnyder ! To my mind, I prefer Dementieva because 1/ Mary will earn more points than if she beats Patty and 2/ Mary will love Dementieva's serve and game ...

In quarters, mary could face Kuznetsova or Sugiyama ... I prefer the japenese, but for sure, Kuznetsova will be Mary's opponent ! No problem, Mauresmo beat Svetlana today, so it's not impossible and, in Flushing, Mary was very close to Svetlana so i'm sure she can beat her ! (en plus en indoor, je pense que Mary est meilleure que d'hab, et Svetlana l'est un peu moins avec ses gestes amples.)

After, why not an enthousiastic match against Mauresmo or a match against ... Venus ?!! Venus beat Mary in the french, Mary beat Venus in Athens, so, they have to meet a third time : :wavey: ;)

The final will probably be against Lindsay ! Go mary :bounce:

CathyC!
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:36 PM
when does this tournament kick off? :)

AK-DH Fan
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Anyone have the tournament website?

AK-DH Fan
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Good Luck Mary, Her draw really isn't bad at all.

Andy.
Oct 10th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Hopefully Mary is motivated after her devastating loss in the second round this week. She has a chance to do very well a quarter final could be achieved and if she is on her game she could take it even further.

Mark Spruce
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Best of luck to Mary.

I hope that she will be OK of course and has fun out there on court.

It will kick off on Monday and the web site is:

http://www.kremlincup.ru/index-eng.shtml

regards

Mark

NicoMary
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I do think that this is a though draw...;) but for this Mary it has to be a normal draw...:worship: A qualifier in Moscow means a good player...and then, Dementieva:eek: or Schnyder:( two player that had already beaten Mary.

If she go throught those two though rounds she will be unbeatable...:bounce:

:hearts: :hearts: :worship: Mary Is THE BEST!!!!!:worship: :hearts: :hearts:

ashwu
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:56 PM
will she play? i thought she's ill?
good luck mary!!

Mark Spruce
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:06 AM
will she play? i thought she's ill?
good luck mary!!
Maybe she was only ill for a few days and this is OK now :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

regards

Mark

ashwu
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Maybe she was only ill for a few days and this is OK now :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

regards

Mark
hope so:angel:

mamno_MARYFAN
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Hope so too...:angel:

Anyway...not bad a draw at all for Mary...thank goodness all the top players like Venus, Amelie and Svetlana are all far from her at least until the quarterfinals...Mary is then able to hopefully beat her 1st 2 opponents and build her momentum to face the top players later...:D

Mary had won here I think back in 98 beating Venus in the sf and Monica in the finals...so hopefully that'll boost her confidence...:angel:

Come on Mary...u can do it!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

aimee20
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:37 AM
i'd love to see she play against elena :)