PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know How Possible It Would Be To....

CJ07
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:53 PM
be a hitting partner for one of the Russian girls? Obviously not the Myskina's, but the really young ones? Like the 11, 12, 13, 14 year old girls playing junior tournaments?

One thing that I was thinking about doing in college on my terms off was doing an internship with tennis. Like maybe with a Russian academy or player (I'm majoring in Russian) and possibly be tutor/hitting partner for some of their youngin's. It would be really cool to travel the world and stuff...and they wouldn't have to pay me anything.

Does anyone think that could happen? and if so, how?

Like I know in hitting partners they look for people who are really consistent and versatile, can emulate various styles. And by then (lik 2, 3 years from now) I should have that down. I mean I just found out I can play Varsity at Tufts (even though I don't wanna) and as a competitive male college player, I would think that would qualify as enough for a junior girl.

Plus I'd speak their language, and help them with their english and their schoolwork and such all for nottin.

That would be soo neat...

CJ07
Oct 8th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Oh I know at least TBE can help me out with this ;)

Also I checked out the ITF site, and apparently its pretty easy to get certification