PDA

View Full Version : Hingis vs. Williams sisters fan rivalry?

croat123
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:32 AM
I was looking at the order the top 10 thread and it appears that anyone who had the Williams sisters at the top had Hingis on the bottom and vice-versa.

Williams Rulez
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:55 AM
Haha, you can tell from the hostile posts between Venus/Serena fans and Hingis fans...

In fact, the low opinion of Venus/Serena/Martina might have been caused by the fans annoying each other...

Pureracket
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:58 AM
. . . . .or from the acknowledgement of it;)

victory1
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:12 AM
I think the majority of most not just the Williams fans has Hingis at the bottom! But yes your observation is dead on!;)

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:16 AM
Yes , you re right,

But I dislike Martina before I became a Williams fan. ;)

Vanity
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by victory1
I think the majority of most not just the Williams fans has Hingis at the bottom! But yes your observation is dead on!;)

hahaha you ignorant piece of horse manure... if you looked at the "most popular player's poll" you'd notice Hingis had the most fans. Get over it.

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:25 AM
How true Vanity.

I put Venus and Serena at the bottom, because I had known about them before Hingis, and had never liked them. And they're Hingis' rivals, and I cant find it in me to forgive them for all the times they have/will beat Hingis. And I'm sure it's the same for many Venus fans, but vice'versa.

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:25 AM
That is so true Vanity, ps I JUST LOVE URE SIGNATURE!!

Vanity
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:30 AM
thanks for agreeing with me linton and ryan :kiss: ;)

glad you like my sig, i guess some people just can't stand the truth! :kiss:

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Some of you Hingis fans hate Venus so bad, because when Martina still was at #1 , all journalist and players considered Venus as the TOP player, and they can't accept who rules now.

Maybe, other reason is because some of you are racist ( look at your signature Vanity).

But, I know a lot of Hingis fans like the sisters and they are good people. ( Jessica, you re the nicest):wavey:

Vanity
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:33 AM
I think LucasArg hates Hingis so much because she always beats the Argentinians! :kiss:

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:39 AM
Vanity i didint know Argentinians couldnt afford ot play tennis, i mean with all there country in economic chrisis and all that.!

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:39 AM
But, I know a lot of Hingis fans like the sisters and they are good people

Does that mean people who don't like the Williamses ARENT good people?

And saying they're racist if they don't like the sisters is like black people who don't like Hingis are racist.

And Venus doesn't rule now, Capriati will be #1 by the end of IW.

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:41 AM
Its time the Williames fans get of there high horse venus had the crown and now its over capriatis got it back.

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Linton
Vanity i didint know Argentinians couldnt afford ot play tennis, i mean with all there country in economic chrisis and all that.!

You are so ignorant, that the only shit you see is on CNN.

But something you should know, Argentina has a lot of men and women in the top 100. Also I don't know if you remember Gabriela Sabatini, Ines Gorrochategui, Florencia Labat, Mercedes Paz.... Guillermo Vilas, Jose Luis Clerc, Martin Jaite, etc..

And by the way, It is revolting you to laugh about a economic crisis. But I think that the most poor people in Argentina, has a better education than you.

Wait, what am I doin

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:13 AM
Yeah Lucas And all the pictures and riots ive seen huh oph yeah Argentinas Economy is doing soo great aye!!! god there GDP MUst be 50 grand for each perosn everyone lives in mansions no pverty hahahaha. Argentina is falling apart. And no the wouldnt have a better education the proly cant afford one like us in Newzealand, No i havnt heard of those players cept a couple.

Martian KC
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Oh geez this is thread is gonna make it better!:p

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:30 AM
This is my last post here. Maybe you re 15, and you don't have a clue of what is happening in Argentina. Your education is something a care nothing, and if you don't know who is Guillermo Vilas , god, you know nothing about tennis.

1- You re already in my ingnore list, so don't respond me anymore

2- For the people who will read this post, can you make a list of the New Zealand's tennis players please, are them in Fed Cup or Davis Cup, like Argentina?

3- I wish you grow up, cos' it is sad to laugh of people who is suffering a social crisis. Much more, when you don't even know about it.

God help you :angel:

CanadianBoy21
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Vanity, u shouldn't talk because at least they have players who compete and play against the top players, Canadians are so low they never get a chance to play against the top players. Says a lot about our country being dominant tennis wise :rolleyes: .
& Linton, it's not cool making fun of a countrys economy.
Who knows, maybe u wake up in a few days & your country is getting bombarded by Russina, Canadians & Americans.

I got nothing against Martina, she is a women who has brought a lot to tennis, and has shown lately she is a champion, by her attitude and by her results.
Why can't her fans learn something.
I started liking the Williams sisters first, and not first hating Martina. Being a fan of Venus & Serena, of course I am not going to be loving Martina. But I respect her for her game and the things she has brought to the game. But some of her fans are really NASTY.

:kiss:

Martian KC
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:00 AM
I think it is the fans that are making it more of a rivalry than it really is.;)

Vanity
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:10 AM
LOL@Superhero... we agree on something at least ;) Canadian Tennis has been in shambles for many years.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Vanity, maybe u and me can do miracles for our country tennis wise, SOMEBODY has to.

oh guess what, I played a tournament a month or so ago, and I did very well in it, and now I am 126th in ontario with only ONE tournament :eek: :cool: , & it was my first ever, 18 U, so proud :) .

The competition sucked ;)
Seriously though, some Canadians are too much into fast food, etc...After 5 minutes they were tired, and all I could do is laugh ;)

lol

Vanity
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Hmmm... maybe we could take it upon ourselves to do better? ;)

I recently played a canadian tournament with a few ranked players (nothing specatacular mind you.. the top player was ranked 1130th on the WTA).. i'll PM you :)

treufreund
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:28 AM
One can be a Venus fan, Martina fan or any fan and still be a good person. For example Althea, Becca, destructo girl, superhero, cybelle, easy and me. To name just a few. :D And many many more whose name I did not mention.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:29 AM
The players make it a rivalry. Some of you on here make it pointless petty squabbling. Are you people really that nasty in real life? I mean c'mon do you really think venus serena and martina hate each other like you all seem to do? I think its stupid to attack each other for the sake of a favorite player who has already acknowledge their respect for the other players you are talking about. If your favorite player can respect their rivals why can't you supposed fans?

I mean debate is fine and dandy but why take personal shots at each other? It just seems ridiculous.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Well said treu! I am in this to watch compelling tennis, anyone who isnt tells me exactly what kind of "fan" they are. They're more like some crazy cultist or FANatic than a fan of tennis. People who resort to personal attacks are probably like the crazed fan who stabbed poor monica. Those people are truly scary.

treufreund
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:31 AM
CYBELLE!!! Perfect timing for you to post a great post right after mine!!! You made my point.:D

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:38 AM
cybelle, true, how would you feel if you're attacked for being argentinian ? My post to linton was not about Martina vs Venus this time.

I will never let anyone insult my home country, because I love it, and I love to live where I live.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:41 AM
you're right lucas argentina is a beautiful country, I've never been but I hope to visit one day. I was in amsterdam recently and the prince's new bride is a stunning beauty and she's from argentinia. I hear she's quite the thinker as well.

treufreund
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Were you asking me?

All I can say is ARGENTINA RULES! :D

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:42 AM
God U must love living on the streets!!

Ive been to argentina and what can i say its beautiful but god they r trying to so badily boost the economy its actually crumbling. it just put me off goign there now.

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:44 AM
hehehe did u see beunous aries it was about 103 on the most desirable cities to live in. hehe Auckland, Queenstown, Wellington and Chritchurch were all in the top 25

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Thanks guys. One more thing.

It is true that right now we're in a big economic and financial crisis, our politicians are corrupted and the banks stole our money.

but this is a country that at the begining of the XX century protected the italians and spaniards who were in war.
And I will give you an example. My grandmother and grandfather came from Italy to Argentina. They were farmers there and scape the war and they did not know even to read. And in Argentina they found a safe place to live, My father and Mother are professionals and they also gave me the oportunity to enter a University. We are talking about 2 generations here. That's why I love my country.

This crisis will be gone in a few years because we got very good people here.

So, Imagine how can I feel, when someone insult Argentina because he saw an indicent on TV.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Linton- Canada was the #1 country to live in for FIVE straight years(or was it six)

Anyways, what's your point bitch ;)

franny
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:13 AM
I don't kno if this is for fun or not but geesh there is always so much rivalries and competition and bad mouthing between marti and venus and serena fans. I like martina most and venus second with serena at my bottom. Don't ask me why, I used to hate venus but i think she has matured a lot in the past few years and she truly has been the best player although not the most consistent with tournaments played. And yes, its possible to like one williams sister and not another. I just don't see why there is so much fighting going on between fans, maybe its all just for fun, i dont know.

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:15 AM
I guess I'm one of the very rare fans who likes both Martina and a Williams sister (Venus). But I like Martina more :p but I really like Venus as well.

Pureracket
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:15 AM
. . . .somereally mean things are being said in this thread:confused:

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Im not a bitch im a guy.

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Thats nice u do that aye poe

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:40 AM
jokes

Williams Rulez
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:20 PM
:wavey:

Bye bye Linton! :kiss:

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Linton- Canada was the #1 country to live in for FIVE straight years(or was it six)

You're right superhero, at least us Canadians have SOMETHING to be proud of, seeing how our tennis is sort of shameful.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah Ryan14, that's the only thing we have, lol.

Linton, a bitch is a female dog, and u are a female dog :p
What's your point?

propi
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:37 PM
I can't believe what I'm redaing above!
I think people really don't know all culture in Hispanic countries!
By the way for that well- educated boy from new zealand, it written Buenos Aires and only there there's more population than in your country.
And it's not funny laughing of other's miseries, shame on you
I hope Argentina will be the rich country it used to be at the begining of the XX century, a lot of Spanish went there after and durin the civil war and were wellcomed.
By the way yes, it's almost impossible loving Williams and Martina at the same time
C'mon Martina

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:03 PM
What Linton said to LucasArg was unforgiveable and uncalled for. It just shows his level of ignorance. I think fans of these players blows things so much out of control it's impossible. If you like a player, fine. If you don't like another player, fine too. Not everyone will like your fave player and not everyone will dislike the player you dislike. Live with it. But tennis fans make such a big deal out of it it's sickening to read sometimes. Linton only revealed what a beast he is and how ignorant he really is. That's sad. Really it is. It is possible to be a fan of Martina and like the Williams sisters. Although i'm not a Martina fan myself, my cousin thinks the world of her, and also loves Venus. What's the big deal? Why be so mean to each other?:fiery: :fiery: :mad: You people should grow up man. Live and let live.:(

sartrista7
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
The players make it a rivalry. Some of you on here make it pointless petty squabbling.

This is a very good quote and I think should be preserved for evermore, and highlighted each and every time the more immature Williams fans/Hingis fans start the bitching again. Cybelle :kiss: :kiss:

Bye bye Linton, surprised it took so long. You won't be missed.

Bright Red
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:49 PM
While I admit that there was a time when I could not abide Hingis' attitude, it's currently stands that I like both the Williams Sisters and Hingis. I might add that I like the Williams by far the most, and there are several players I like more than Hingis.

I think part of the reason I can now say this is that I know a lot more about her (especially her life and history beyond tennis), and as many have said, she has matured a lot. I also respect her game and her efforts to improve herself.

All of the players are just playing the game. Tennis just so happens to be structured to where someone has to win and someone has to lose. Who wouldn't want to win? I could never hate a player for simply doing her job.

cybelle hit the nail on the head when he stated that if the players can respect each other, then why can't the fans. Bravo, cybelle.

Bright Red
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:58 PM
And one more thing...

ARGENTINA ROCKS!!!

(...and Sabatini was da bomb)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Superhero

Hehe.. and which country kicked Canada away? ;) NORWAY!!!!! (Hehe.. j/k here... :))

Pfff... rivalry... well... I'm not a part of it..... and Bye bye Linton, you made us the Martians look bad. What a member post has nothing to do with which player he/she is supporting. and I'm so sick of being 'trashed' just becoz I'm a Martina Hingis fan. When ppl say something like 'oh you martina fans are so ... blah blah blah' it's aimed at me too. And I haven't done anything against you.

Norge er best.

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I agree Marri. Hingis fans liek Linton are the ones who trash Williams fans, but the other Marti fans take the crap.

Norway? Are you sure?:D

And Gaby rocks!:wavey:

sartrista7
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Anyway, you can't forget us non-partisan people, in that thread I put Venus as #1, Martina #6 and Serena #7.

Monica was my #10 :p

Ntosake
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Marri
Pfff... rivalry... well... I'm not a part of it..... and Bye bye Linton, you made us the Martians look bad. What a member post has nothing to do with which player he/she is supporting. and I'm so sick of being 'trashed' just becoz I'm a Martina Hingis fan. When ppl say something like 'oh you martina fans are so ... blah blah blah' it's aimed at me too. And I haven't done anything against you.

Marri, I understand how you feel, but I also feel that the player/fan trashing goes both ways. It comes from the Hingis camp as well as the Williams camp (and other fan bases) so neither is blameless.

Like you, there are people who feel equally trashed and defensive because they are a Williams fan.

People generalize and lump everyone into the same pot, and like you say, it's "Oh you Hingis fans...blah, blah,blah," and then others in turn say "Oh you Williams fans ...blah,blah,blah..." and nobody seems to want to respect individuality or diversity of thought.

It would be wonderful if banning Linton would add to the peace of this board, but unfortunately there are still some Martians that are way out there, and some Williams fans that go overboard as well. EVERY fan base has it's detractors.

Then we have other types of posters who just enter threads not to contribute anything, but to bash the poster and get a rise out of people, who in turn respond.

I have enjoyed being on this board and I think the admins do a good job with it. There are some great posters in all fan bases whose posts I enjoy reading. I especailly like the back and forth banter from some when it's done with humor and respect. I like to read more than I post, but I hate reading all the hurtful things that people post, no matter who it's directed at.

I agree with Cybelle's statement also. If the players can give a measure of respect to their rivals, why can't we?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Ntosake!! :) You are right, the bashing goes both ways. The sad thing is that I think it will continue... I wish that there's something that can stop that. There are so many Martina and Williams fans (and other fans of course ;) ) that are nice ( :) ) and it's so stupid that only the bad stuff is being focused on.

Ryan, yes i'm sure! ;) Norway is #1! :D But Oslo fell on the ranking when it comes to cities. lol!

Cam'ron Giles
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Camp? to be a part of a players camp that player has to actually know you. I think that most of these players would hire extra security if they knew that they had fans like some of the crazies on this board. You all must remember that people like Linton are kids and should be treated as such. IGNORE THEM.

Lucas, ignore what the fool said about your beautiful country. We all know in some part how much of an haven Argentina has been to a lot of people around the world. The economy in this country is currently not the best but I refuse to believe that my country is second to any other country. USA ALL THE WAY through tough times are good times. You seem to have the same attitude towards your country and I applaud you for that. :wavey:

"ALL I AM SAYING, IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE". ;)

Ryan
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I think the 'rivalry' will still go on until this board closes(which hopefully will never happen), we just need to learn to ignore those who makes asses of themselves.

Nimi
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:33 PM
i wonder what Lipton thinks of Israel... i can kick his ass...
anyway, im a kid (13), & im proud of it (i think)!
do not ignore us! we are the future :D

btw Guillmoro Canas & Juan Ignacio Chela!

Amanda
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:42 PM
This is like...really gettin' old!:rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:31 AM
BUMP!!

*peeps head in and does NOT see Venusrocks up in here*;)

Vanity you really didn't have to call Lucas Arg a NASTY name.. like that!!

Ryan It seemed funny to you so don't get so upset NOW at other posters.

Becool
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Some people thinks the Williams sisters are all basead on Venus! Only Venus...

And sometimes they attack the Williams sisters, including Serena on it, when he only hates Venus...

I know this doesn't have nothing with this thread, but I just wanted to make it clear.... :rolleyes:

LucasArg
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:46 AM
I want to thanks to all of you who support me.

I know sometimes we fight with other player's fan, and we must learn from this,

But I 've never insulted a poster for his race or nation. And I hope this never happen again.:angel:

Shuji Shuriken
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:50 PM
I support you cause you're my neighbour and what that moron said was sickening. I'm sure he's never been to Argentina to see what a great place it really is. He just sees one thing on TV and goes about generalising things. That hurt me alot too, what he said. I hope other posters are not like that cause i was really beginning to enjoy this board until that. Everyone can disagree on something and still be civil about it. He blew it way out of proportion. He sucks!!! :fiery: :sad::fiery: