PDA

View Full Version : Locker room stuff..for real this time!!

barmaid
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:09 PM
I was just reading Martina's comments about her match with Monica and she said she went to the computer after the game..Just as a matter of interest..what do the girls do in the locker room...for instance if they have a rain delay..do they play cards and if so what...bridge, poker, scat??? Do any of them play chess?...what players are avid readers on the tour? I know most of you think Martina and Anna would spend their time looking in the mirror but there must be a few comics in the crew...and if computers are available...would they come to this site or just go to the sports channels at largeor maybe their own websites?? I know we had a lot of fun with the pretend locker room confrontations but I'd like to know how they actually do spend their idle hours...I'm sure its not twiddling their thumbs?? Anybody know?? :rolleyes:

barmaid:wavey:

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:16 PM
They probably go on the computer, and check out wtaworld.com. That'd be soooooo cool!! Our favourites reading what we have to say... ;) ;)

On a serious note, they probably read books and magazines. Here's a quote from Monica while waiting for her match "I just read TIME, probably I know every page in NEWSWEEK and TIME, and just watched some of the points."

I'm pretty sure they talk to their coaches, and eat and stretch. They pobably do a bit of chit-chat with the other girls.

Linton
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Locker rooms Ive been in one mainly just a resting area relax, got showers, table, internet, tv, little gym

maccardel
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:57 AM
They just stare each other down and have to be refrained from kickin the shit out of each other....

seriously, The players are usually surrounded by their entourage and they talk about strategy or whatever they know keep the player motivated and focused.
I know that some girls are drilled with info and some end up in tears but those girls are usually lower ranked and trying to get to the top....It can be very sad and yet fun depending on your status on the tour.

Chance
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:23 AM
when Venus was waiting for her first round match in the AUS OPEN, Billy Jean King spoke to her, and noticed that Vee was reading Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:51 AM
My Mum read that magazine Violet.!!

venusrocks
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:58 AM
well....

http://www.sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/bedtestdokschett.jpg

(Rogers AT&T Cup-Toronto 2001) Daja Bedanova, Sandrine Testud, Jelena Dokic and Barbara Schett watch a movie in the players' lounge during the rain delay

http://venusrocks.tripod.ca/groupbest01.jpg

Jordan.
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Nice picture venusrocks!LOL,they all look cute!:kiss:

barmaid
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Thanks venusrocks....you have all the answers and the picture to boot:rolleyes: Good stuff!! They all looked like little girls watching Barney;)

barmaid:wavey:

jd4eva
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:35 AM
During her rain delay against Elena Dementieva in New Haven, Jelena Dokic spent the time replying to emails.

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:17 AM
I love to see all those players watching tv together:hearts:

Jay
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:22 AM
actuallly they weren't watching the telly in that picture.

They were watching me performing a 'Full Monte' routine :p

arn
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Justine doesn't do anything before a match and during rain delays. She likes to be alone and to concentrate herself on the match.

Iconoclast
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Dokic and Testud look flabbergasted! Could they be watching the Jerry Springer episode with the guy who married his horse?

Hey, you look great on that picture, Venusrocks. Nice shoes, BTW.

Aloysius
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Jana Novotna has visited this messageboard before. Some people kept pestering her to on her official Yahoo Club. She reported that she has been here and checked out the place. She didn't divulge an opinion on it though. Can that be a good thing? Or not? :confused:

...And um, are we talking about locker rooms or players lounges? They are two very different places. The locker rooms is where they temporarily store their belongings, shower and change clothes. The players lounge is where they can chill, like in that photo of the girls watching the movie.