PDA

View Full Version : mary lost after winning first set 6:0!!!!

amnesiac
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
in the last two sets mary was not on court.
what do you think??? :rolleyes:

CathyC!
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:57 PM
the match wasn't shown here in our area. :( .. i'm so sad about the result after such a a booming 1st set.. *shrugs*

Mark Spruce
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Well I am very sad for Mary, I think that Mary should not have lost this match really. I had a look at the pics and her thigh/leg is still strapped up. Maybe she still having some problems.

Is Mary playing next week ????

I hope that Mary is OK. Cheering her on always

regards

Mark

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Its so hard not to get frustrated with Mary after a performance like this. I really thought she could go far here. Don't know what to say really - can Mary string 2 or 3 good performances together anymore?

I know she's always been inconsistent, but her ranking will never budge from that low 20s she's held for the last couple of years at this rate. She needs a good end to the year even just to make the Fed Cup team (Dechy is ahead of her in the rankings and Golovin is closing fast).

I'd like to say that she should play a tier 3 or something just to get a few wins on the board and get her confidence up, but knowing our Mary she'd probably lose to a player ranked 475 in the world! :rolleyes: ;)

What do you think she should do? Its hard to take any positives away from this match at all.

Mark Spruce
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Hello Ali,

Yes I think that maybe playing a Tier 3 or somthing like that to get a few wins.

I am sure that Mary will be in the FED Team

regards

Mark

saby
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Mark,
I waTched Mary during 20 minutes and I don't think Mary had real trouble with her thigh. it was strapped up but probably only to make sure to not hurt herself one more time. I have to watch the end of the match (I taped it when I left to go to my physio) but in fact I don't know if I'm going to watch it, I hate when she lose :fiery:
I will email you tonight ...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
hi Saby,

Thanks so much for the info, and will look forward to your mail. I never watch a match when Mary has lost it.

take care

Mark

Declan
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I must admit I was worried when I saw the first score set: just too easy against an opponent I've always rated far more highly than many ranked considerably above her. I was a bit peeved when Likhovtseva beat Zvonereva the other day, to be honest: I felt then that Mary would have had it easier against Vera. Even so, a big disappoinment, as it's the first time Elena's ever had back-to-back wins over Mary.

remyremy
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
It seems that you didn't see the match guys! I saw only the third set and it was clear : Mary was exausted. I have never seen her like that. She mooved quite well and play well, but she was too tired to hit every ball hard. I think she is not well prepared. After the us open she said that because of her leg injury she will change her preparation for the indoor season. She's not prepared to run for 2hours. I hope she will be fine soon. Courage Mary :kiss:
(PS: you have to notice that Likhotseva did a great match)

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I’m beginning to think that Mary doesn’t really care that much. She’s just made her mind up to go out and enjoy herself on the court (whatever will be will be) approach. After sustaining so many injuries over the last few seasons.
She's playing for fun and she's fun to watch.:)

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I’m beginning to think that Mary doesn’t really care that much. She’s just made her mind up to go out and enjoy herself on the court (whatever will be will be) approach. After sustaining so many injuries over the last few seasons.
She's playing for fun and she's fun to watch.:)
I think you might be right. Like I said elsewhere, I often think the fans take these defeats a lot harder than the players themselves. I think Mary is enjoying her tennis and just wants to have fun. She's a popular player on the tour and obviously enjoys what she does, but maybe the desire to train for 6 hours a day and get worked up over her results just isn't there anymore.

However (because I always contradict myself ;) ), she did say during the US Open that she still feels she has something big left to accomplish - but doesn't know what that is yet. That sounds to me like she wants to be competing for the big titles and still thinks she can beat the best players. Unfortunately if she wants to do that, she has to grind out some matches just to get some wins on the board and get match fit.

Mary has also said that her faith means that she doesn't get stressed about her results anymore - what will be, will be. A nice attitude to have in some ways, but again its maybe too easy to think this and therefore think that you don't have to work at it.

Now watch her beat Myskina in the first round of Moscow next week ;)

spindoctor
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
A bit disappointed since she played the first set so well but I'm looking forward to see her play in the next two tournaments, Zürich in particular since I'll be there.

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:38 PM
It seems that you didn't see the match guys! I saw only the third set and it was clear : Mary was exausted. I have never seen her like that. She mooved quite well and play well, but she was too tired to hit every ball hard. I think she is not well prepared. After the us open she said that because of her leg injury she will change her preparation for the indoor season. She's not prepared to run for 2hours. I hope she will be fine soon. Courage Mary :kiss:
(PS: you have to notice that Likhotseva did a great match)
Thanks remy. I've just read on the fft site that Mary called the doctor in the second set for stomach pains so maybe that also made her feel tired.

Emelia
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:05 AM
This is a disappointing result from Mary.

She should have capitalized from winning that first set.

lizzymarie
Oct 8th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Oh NO...... I am really disappointed with this result....
She almost had it...
Is she ok????????

Mark Spruce
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Hi Ali,

Thanks for that bit. So maybe that was the reason she was so tired. I bet that it came on after the 1st set.

regards

Mark

Andy.
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:20 AM
This is a really sad loss. but still i take the positives that it was her first tournament in a while and she did beat her nemisis.

Mark Spruce
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Yes that is true of course.

regards

Mark

mamno_MARYFAN
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Oh well...this is very disappointing...especially after Mary winning the 1st set 6-0....:sad:

But i guess something happened in the 2nd set...I know that having a tennis game like Mary's is so difficult to sustain...she hits the ball as hard and as well as anyone when she's on form...and I guess injuring herself in the 2nd set didn't help things at all...:sad:

I guess we have to be really patient and wait for Mary to be able to string all her matches together...shes's still capable of beating the crap of many top players...its just the matter of her sustaining her form...:angel:

Anyway...rest well Mary...good luck for ur next tournament!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

remyremy
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Ok this is a disapointing result for Mary's ranking and because she was very close and sometimes better than Likhotseva. But, come on guys, do you forget bad loss like against morigami this year, or in wimbledon etc... you know, when Mary is so :mad: and she looks like a tourist on the court !!!
I can say it was not the case here: she struggled until the end, run a lot, trying to defend quite well. She did not let go, and that's why I don't feel so sad now. In the next tournament, I'm sure she will feel better on this kind of court, very quick. So I hope she won't be mad for that loss and won't discorage. Go on Mary, you're great. It will be ok next time :kiss:

Mark Spruce
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Hi Remy,

That is one thing I love about Mary she never gives up and always trys her best. She has so much fighting spirit now !!!

Where is she playing next ??

regards

Mark

Agassi Fan
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:35 PM
I am so sorry, that Mary lost. :-(

Wizzy Maryfan
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Hey !

I watched the match so I can tell you what happened !

Before telling that this result is disappointing, you'd better to know what happened !

:fiery:

So ! You don't have to think that Mary can't sustain her level during 2h00, because of course she can !
Mary played her best - really - during the first and the beginning of the second set ! Unfortunately, Mary was ... ILL !!!! Not injured, not "bad-prepared", only ill !

En français, car je peux pas le dire en anglais, je n'ai aps les mots :
Mary avait la gastro-entérite ! Elle a donc souffert au niveau de l'estomac, et a avalé des tubes de "pommade" ! C'était un médicament pour se plastifier l'estomac et ainsi ne pas vomir !
Ensuite, Mary a quitté le court, sans kiné, sans rien dire ... Elle est probablement aller aux toilettes, caractéristique de la gastro !
Bref, elle aurait explosé Likhovtseva sans sa gastro ! :angel:
Donc ne dites pas n'importe quoi sur un manque de préparation, ou une irrégularité qui pourrait la faire échouer sur une 475eme mondiale !
Avec le niveau de jeu développé par Mary dans le 1er set, elle ne peut absolument PLUS perdre sur une fille hors du top 20, tel est mon avis !
A Moscou, ou Zurich, ou elle aura parfaitement récupéré, elle sera des plus dangereuses ! Je la considère meilleure que Myskina ou Mauresmo à l'heure actuelle. A suivre :hearts:

saby
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Hey !

I watched the match so I can tell you what happened !

Before telling that this result is disappointing, you'd better to know what happened !

:fiery:

So ! You don't have to think that Mary can't sustain her level during 2h00, because of course she can !
Mary played her best - really - during the first and the beginning of the second set ! Unfortunately, Mary was ... ILL !!!! Not injured, not "bad-prepared", only ill !

En français, car je peux pas le dire en anglais, je n'ai aps les mots :
Mary avait la gastro-entérite ! Elle a donc souffert au niveau de l'estomac, et a avalé des tubes de "pommade" ! C'était un médicament pour se plastifier l'estomac et ainsi ne pas vomir !
Ensuite, Mary a quitté le court, sans kiné, sans rien dire ... Elle est probablement aller aux toilettes, caractéristique de la gastro !
Bref, elle aurait explosé Likhovtseva sans sa gastro ! :angel:
Donc ne dites pas n'importe quoi sur un manque de préparation, ou une irrégularité qui pourrait la faire échouer sur une 475eme mondiale !
Avec le niveau de jeu développé par Mary dans le 1er set, elle ne peut absolument PLUS perdre sur une fille hors du top 20, tel est mon avis !
A Moscou, ou Zurich, ou elle aura parfaitement récupéré, elle sera des plus dangereuses ! Je la considère meilleure que Myskina ou Mauresmo à l'heure actuelle. A suivre :hearts:
It's true Mary was sick, it's really weird Mary is always sick at the same moment, it's not the first time, and she always got the same thing, she should not go to germany anymore ;) LOL

:angel: :angel: :angel:

remyremy
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Take some rest Mary. Everything will be fine :kiss:
OK avec toi wizzy maryfan sur le niveau de jeu actuel de Mary :lick: .

Bad_Man
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Russian Lena L (Elena Likhovtseva) has lost to her compatriot Nastya (Anastasia Myskina) 6-4, 0-6, 2-6 in the quarter final!! :eek: :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :( :mad: :fiery: :shout: :banghead:

What do you think? :confused:

SpremPierceLover
Oct 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Russian Lena L (Elena Likhovtseva) has lost to her compatriot Nastya (Anastasia Myskina) 6-4, 0-6, 2-6 in the quarter final!! :eek: :sad: :bigcry: :tears: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2: :( :mad: :fiery: :shout: :banghead:

What do you think? :confused:That it is a pitty cause i really dislike Myskina !
But something different...Why do you post it at Mary's place..????

Mark Spruce
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Guess it was CHENG (bad_boy)again under a new alias as he has been banned again.

regards

Mark