PDA

View Full Version : Liza is abusing people again

Sally Struthers
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM
If you believe a new lawsuit, Liza Minnelli hits more than high notes.

The multitalented entertainer has been sued by her former longtime personal assistant, M'hammed Soumayah, for "money damages arising from personal injuries," according to court records.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

The amount of the damages and specific details of the suit are not known because Soumayah's lawyer, Harvey Mars, filed the case under seal, due to a confidentiality agreement his client signed with Minnelli, effective up until she fired him in August.

Mars declined to discuss the case, but told the New York Post that it was "substantial."

Minnelli's lawyer, Dorothy Webber, did not comment on the suit.

It's not the first time Minnelli's been sued for alleged abuse. Her ex-husband, David Gest filed a $10 million lawsuit against the Cabaret singer last October, accusing her of repeatedly beating him on the head and body during drunken rages.

Gest alleges that his two-year marriage to Minnelli left him with vertigo, high-blood pressure, severe headaches and "scalp tenderness," among other lasting reminders of the union, according to his lawsuit which is posted on TheSmokingGun.com.

He appeared on Dateline to document the treatments he was undergoing as a result of the trauma to his head, which consisted in part of having long needles inserted into his cranium, in addition to popping "11 prescription medications per day," according to his suit.

Soumayah, who worked for Minnelli for about 10 years, in the capacity of chauffeur, bodyguard and confidant, has been subpoenaed to be deposed as a witness in Gest's case, Mars said.

Gest's lawsuit against Minnelli recounts an incident where his former wife went out drinking with Soumayah after Gest had forbidden her to order cocktails from room service at their hotel.

"Hours later, the defendant returned to the hotel extremely intoxicated, upset, agitated, uncontrollable and angry," the suit states.

"Upon entering the hotel suite, the defendant immediately attacked the plaintiff. Defendant repeatedly beat plaintiff about the head, face and chest with open hands and closed fists, concentrating on the right and left sides of his head, shouting insults and obscenities throughout the attack."

Minnelli filed for divorce the day after she was sued by Gest, saying his allegations were "hurtful and without merit." Last November, she hit back with a lawsuit of her own, accusing her former husband-manager of stealing money from her and seeking $2 million in damages.

The onetime couple's various legal actions are still pending.

__________________________________________________ _________

The woman is out of control. Someone's gonna have to do an intervention soon I fear. She's just very scary.

GBFH
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
lol!

the thread title kills me.

Helen Lawson
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:26 PM
She has a terrorist for a personal assistant? I never thought of that angle, illegal alien AND wanted by the FBI, boy I could extort all sorts of free services from him, or like pay him $1 an hour and no overtime. The next time Carole Anne sasses me, I'm going to look into a terrorist for a personal assistant.

Maybe Liza should stick to pills, the booze seems to agitate her.

Sally Struthers
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:30 PM
She has a terrorist for a personal assistant? I never thought of that angle, illegal alien AND wanted by the FBI, boy I could extort all sorts of free services from him, or like pay him $1 an hour and no overtime. The next time Carole Anne sasses me, I'm going to look into a terrorist for a personal assistant.

Maybe Liza should stick to pills, the booze seems to agitate her.

Good help is so hard to find these days. I was hiring illegal aliens from Mexico as recently as last summer to do my gardening but they started getting all sassy and demanding more money. The straw that broke the camels back was when I discovered over a hundred of them crammed into the back of one of my workers' trucks.

Bacardi
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I'd be your personal assistant Helen, I'd work for cheap, and as long as we found plenty of the yellow ones, everyone would be happy. :D

There are plenty of Illegal aliens from Mexico here working on the highway too, so if you wanted one for a cook, gardener, maid, I could gladly bring a few with me. Ya know around here they live in like a trailer with like 20 of them crammed into a 1 bedroom type of deal. :eek: