PDA

View Full Version : Sven back with Mary?

ali
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I was watching Eurosport today (who as we know, aren't always the best source of accurate information :rolleyes: ), but during the Dementieva - Raymond match they showed Amelie, her coach and Sven all sitting in the crowd together watching the match. The commentator called Sven Mary's coach. I don't know whether they're just behind the times (as usual) or if Sven is indeed working with Mary again - maybe with David too (?) :confused:

If he isn't coaching her again, I'm not sure whether he might have hooked up with another player. Anybody got any ideas?

marion
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:38 PM
non sven entraine now nathalie dechy et mary travaille avec georges goven qui est lex coach de nathalie.

no sven is now the coach of nathalie dechy. mary works now with georges goven (before he was a coach of nathalie)

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the information Marion. Its like wife swap with all the changes to and fro ;)

Is David still working with Mary though? I thought that they'd agreed to continue working together :confused:

saby
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=marion]non sven entraine now nathalie dechy et mary travaille avec georges goven qui est lex coach de nathalie.

no sven is now the coach of nathalie dechy. mary works now with georges goven (before he was a coach of nathalie)[/QUOTE

Tu es sure de ce que tu racontes, je savais que Mary travaillait avec Christophe Moreau mais Goven!! surtout qu'elle est installée à Paris avec David.
Pendant les jeux elle avait dit qu'elle déciderait après l'US Open si elle restait avec David ou pas... bizarre :confused:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:49 PM
That’s when I thought Mary was playing her best when she was being coached by Sven. It always put me in mind of the relationship Sabatini had with Carlos Kirmayr.

marion
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM
je suis sure de ce que je raconte car il y a 1 quinzaine de jour mary a arrèté sa colaboration avec son frère et elle aura georges goven comme coach jusqu'a la finale de la fed cup.après je ne sais pas car goven veut se consacrer avec la fft.VOILA

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks again Marion. Now, these online translator programmes pretty useful for an ignorant Brit like me, but there's only one word I don't understand - and its probably the most important!

arrèté

:confused:

Does it mean she's ended her working relationship with David? Very strange if she has.

saby
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:55 PM
je suis sure de ce que je raconte car il y a 1 quinzaine de jour mary a arrèté sa colaboration avec son frère et elle aura georges goven comme coach jusqu'a la finale de la fed cup.après je ne sais pas car goven veut se consacrer avec la fft.VOILA
alors là je suis :confused: je trouve qu'ils sont bien quand ils sont tous les deux.
bon, on verra comment va fonctionner la colaboration de Mary et Georges... le temps nous le dira :angel:

merci Marion...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

remyremy
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Tout cela est bien étrange car comme le disait Sarah Pitkowsky, Goven loue ses services pour 1 ou 2 semaines aux joueuses qui le désirent et notamment à Mary. Je trouve qu'en terme de motivation c'est plutôt limite et je trouve que Mary avait l'air bien quand elle était avec David, elle semblait surmotivée.
Quant à Sven je ne sait pas à quoi il joue avec Dechy. Je croyais qu'il voulait rester chez lui. Tout cela m'inquiète pas mal :confused: :( :tape:

ali
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:44 PM
I'm finding it a bit hard to follow all that is being written in french I'm afraid, but if I've understood correctly, Georges Goven is not going to be a full time coach :confused: And Mary and David are no longer working together? I find this all very strange.

As for Sven, I heard rumours about why he and Mary split and they weren't to do with him wanting to spend time with his family. But again, I find it strange that he has teamed up with Dechy - I thought that he would go back to coaching a male player to be honest.

remyremy
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Thank you Ali to try to understand and write in french ! It seems you understand almost everything :worship: ;) Sometimes it's hard for to explain certain things in english.
By the way, what kind of rumours did you hear?