PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 42% of Americans Think Saddam Involved With 9/11

Warrior
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Media Matters? Poll Shows More than 4 in 10 Still Link Saddam to 9/11

By E&P Staff

Published: October 05, 2004 4:10 PM EDT

NEW YORK While the press gave extensive coverage Tuesday to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld’s statement that he hasn't seen "any strong, hard evidence" to link Saddam Hussein and the al-Qaeda terrorists who staged the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, it became ever more apparent that the media still have their work cut out for them on this issue.

Rumsfeld's comments came as a new USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll found that 42% of those surveyed thought the former Iraqi leader was involved in the attacks on New York City and Washington.

In response to another question, 32% said they thought Saddam had personally planned them.

The same poll in June showed that 56% of all Republicans said they thought Saddam was involved with the 9/11 attacks. In the latest poll that number actually climbs, to 62%.

The independent commission that investigated 9/11 concluded in June that there was "no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States." The panel also said "contacts" between al-Qaeda and Iraq "do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship."
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000653667

Nobody
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I don't think he had anything to do wih it but I'm glad he ain't still a Dictator!

Wigglytuff
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Media Matters? Poll Shows More than 4 in 10 Still Link Saddam to 9/11

By E&P Staff

Published: October 05, 2004 4:10 PM EDT

NEW YORK While the press gave extensive coverage Tuesday to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld’s statement that he hasn't seen "any strong, hard evidence" to link Saddam Hussein and the al-Qaeda terrorists who staged the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, it became ever more apparent that the media still have their work cut out for them on this issue.

Rumsfeld's comments came as a new USA Today/CNN/Gallup Poll found that 42% of those surveyed thought the former Iraqi leader was involved in the attacks on New York City and Washington.

In response to another question, 32% said they thought Saddam had personally planned them.

The same poll in June showed that 56% of all Republicans said they thought Saddam was involved with the 9/11 attacks. In the latest poll that number actually climbs, to 62%.

The independent commission that investigated 9/11 concluded in June that there was "no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States." The panel also said "contacts" between al-Qaeda and Iraq "do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship."
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000653667

i think 42% of americans are brain dead. which 42%? see above.

Hulet
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Do Saddam and OBL have the same ethnicity? Yes.
Do they have the same religion - more or less? Yes.

That's good enough "connection" for the 42%.

kournikovafan13
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:10 AM
lmao....i wish i could slap those people just for being so damn ignorant

and you know who they are, too....i hate to stereotype but....white-trash, living in some hick town, republican...i know thats bad but its true lol

Dave B
Oct 7th, 2004, 05:49 AM
When will everyone learn that it is truely Green Peace that is responsible!

gweeny
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Do Saddam and OBL have the same ethnicity? Yes.
Do they have the same religion - more or less? Yes.

That's good enough "connection" for the 42%.

I am guessing you are one of the Ignorant 42%? :wavey:

Very sad. This goes back to the arrogance of so many Americans. So many Americans are so obssesed with themselves, and their lives, that they just believe what an uneducated president feeds to them. Pathetic that ignorance breeds more ignorance.

And while we are on politics, does anyone else detest the statement "God bless America". I believe there are many nations that are in dire need of God's assistance, and America is not on that top list.

God bless the WORLD.

Paneru
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Very sad. This goes back to the arrogance of so many Americans. So many Americans are so obssesed with themselves, and their lives, that they just believe what an uneducated president feeds to them. Pathetic that ignorance breeds more ignorance.

Sad indeed!

Unfortunately, their are many people in this country who
follow blindly and can't/don't like to think for themselves
and look for the truth!

Bush is a lie and that 42% are quick to believe it.

Hulet
Oct 7th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I am guessing you are one of the Ignorant 42%? :wavey:

:) You know? I wish I was. As they say "Ignorance is bliss" or as I would like to say "All pain comes with knowledge".

*Karen*
Oct 7th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think he was involved.

There's a big argument in Britain just now because we went to war and they've now established that Saddam doesn't have any illegal weapons.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Of course he wasn't involved.

Even GWB has said it himself.

jacobruiz
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Of course he wasn't involved.

Even GWB has said it himself.
Another one of Bush's many "flip-flops". After lying to the world about Saddam's connection to 9-11 and his non-existing "weapons of mas-detruction" to get us into the war, Bush now says the world is better off without Saddam, as if that justifies his lies. There are many world leaders that the world would be better off without and Bush is certainly one of them.