PDA

View Full Version : is this place a hateboard?

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:15 PM
i just come here by being referred from a friend that this place is fun and there's cool people. but in reading some postings here, i think you all are sad and mean. is this a rude place with hate filled people? i didn't expect this.

thelittlestelf
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Wrong forum :).

Welcome to the boards :wavey:.

We are all mean.

Bamafan717
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:20 PM
We are very defensive of are players, that's all. Welcome, though. Have a great time ;) :yeah:

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM
defensive i can deal with but theres some on here claiming racism and hatespeak like that. i mean is that allowed on here? it seems what i've read so far that there's none respect of people on here from others.

FaceyFacem
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:25 PM
if you pick and choose different threads then you can avoid most of the hate, but be prepared to defend yourself!

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM
i don't have like one favorite. i like a lot of girls.
i'll give this place like a day or two but i don't think this is very warming and nice place for people. is everyone always so angry and mad? i have seen so much cutting each other personally with words here in just the few times i read. it's very sad.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Nah,just some folks who like to act tough and listen to too many Eminem records :devil: Most people are cool though. Better not take things too seriously,least of all the "hate posts."

i just come here by being referred from a friend that this place is fun and there's cool people. but in reading some postings here, i think you all are sad and mean. is this a rude place with hate filled people? i didn't expect this.

DUNEMAN
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Look your green dots are growing

Volcana
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
i just come here by being referred from a friend that this place is fun and there's cool people. but in reading some postings here, i think you all are sad and mean. is this a rude place with hate filled people? i didn't expect this.We'll miss you. See ya.:)

thelittlestelf
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Look your green dots are growing
I know, you must be liked, Saved :).

Mase
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Hey Jordan or Leena... :wavey:

LUXXXAS
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Saved! Welcome and be careful-------this site is addictive :eek::lol:

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
addictive? i dunno, it's very angry filled words i read.

who is jordan or leena? my name is david. i dunno what you mean.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:42 PM
We are very defensive of are players, that's all. Welcome, though. Have a great time ;) :yeah:

That is very true, I got a bad rep because I said "Capriati never beat Venus". WOW how bad am I for stating the truth? :devil:

ßcoene
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I think you have to try not to pay too much attention to the negative things. There are also many positive things on this board. There are also some very nice people. :)

Just be different from what you are referring to and you'll be fine, I think.

Frank
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Addictive it is. I think the amount of "hate" here isn't that bad. Basically a small group of posters who you'll learn to avoid. And that's mostly in General Messages. The player forums are mostly positive.

Bottom line: General messages can become quite fiery sometimes, but that can be enjoying as well. The player forums and chat threads are just fan.

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Well, some of us have nicknamed this place the "hateboard", but that only applies to hate directed towards the Williams sisters.

Frank
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM
I believe every player gets her fair share of hate here.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
There's just as much,if not more,hate directed towards my gal.

Well, some of us have nicknamed this place the "hateboard", but that only applies to hate directed towards the Williams sisters.

Mase
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:00 PM
addictive? i dunno, it's very angry filled words i read.

who is jordan or leena? my name is david. i dunno what you mean.
Oh my bad..... Hey Jordan/Leena/David! :wavey:

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:00 PM
There's just as much,if not more,hate directed towards my gal.
Evert??

Chrissie-fan
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:01 PM
No,the other one.....Cappy ;)

Evert??

ßcoene
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:03 PM
If you think there is too much hate on this board just spread some love. :kiss: :hearts: :smooch: :hug: :couple: :inlove: :)

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:04 PM
No,the other one.....Cappy ;)
Not really, maybe after her actions at the US Open, but she disappointed alot of people with her behavior, I wouldn't call that hate. Even that doesn't compare to the hate the sisters get year-round.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
what do u expect??? For everyone in here to be nice and talk about Jesus and shit like that.... NO... so go away! If you dont like it... dont be a baby and whine about it?

Mase
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Lets not let this thread cause hate.... ;)

beauty_is_pink
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:20 PM
i love you... you love me... we're a happy familyyyy.. with a great big HUG and a KISS from me to YOOUUU.. wont you say you love me toooooo!!!

http://www.tvacres.com/images/barney_dinosaurs.jpg

CJ07
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:31 PM
To avoid hate, Just stay away from the GM when

1) Venus or Serena Lose
2) Venus or Serena withdraw
3) Venus or Serena win
4) Venus or Serena party
5) Venus or Serena suceed at other things
6) Venus or Serena fail at other things
7) Venus or Serena do anything

and you'll be alright ;) :p

BK4ever
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:44 PM

1) Venus or Serena Lose
3) Venus or Serena win
4) Venus or Serena party

:haha: :haha:

Kabezya
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:47 PM
It depends on who your favorites are.

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:49 PM
what do u expect??? For everyone in here to be nice and talk about Jesus and shit like that.... NO... so go away! If you dont like it... dont be a baby and whine about it?
i don't think everyone will be nice. but i never thoughtso rude. and why would we talk jesus on here? i'm not even religious. and thanks for proving my point about being negative to everyone. callng me a baby and telling me to not whine. such a warm place this issn't.

Saved!
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:50 PM
It depends on who your favorites are.
i like tennis in general. i don't have one favorite but i like to watch venus and jennifer and serena and justine and kim. mostly the top players. whoever is usually in finals is what i am used to seeing and like to watch.

SzavayFi
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:51 PM
defensive i can deal with but theres some on here claiming racism and hatespeak like that. i mean is that allowed on here? it seems what i've read so far that there's none respect of people on here from others.
well, i'm not like that, maybe i let slip a few things but im always joking, alot of this is misinturpreting joking around. welcome? who r ur favorits? :wavey:

Kabezya
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:54 PM
i like tennis in general. i don't have one favorite but i like to watch venus and jennifer and serena and justine and kim. mostly the top players. whoever is usually in finals is what i am used to seeing and like to watch.

That's cool. I think sometimes you'll find fans of players disliking each other more than they dislike the players. For some reason message boards can be that way.

switz
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:57 PM
here's a valuable piece of advice: if you're going to be so overly sensitive this board is not for you. there are a lot of arseholes and you will read much worse than anything that has already gotten you so worked up. i suggest you leave while you still have a chance.

switz
Oct 5th, 2004, 11:58 PM
of course knowing this board you probably are one of the arseholes i speak of who has been banned.

rothes?

vettipooh
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:16 AM
defensive i can deal with but theres some on here claiming racism and hatespeak like that. i mean is that allowed on here? it seems what i've read so far that there's none respect of people on here from others.If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

timray
Oct 6th, 2004, 12:34 AM
here's a valuable piece of advice: if you're going to be so overly sensitive this board is not for you. there are a lot of arseholes and you will read much worse than anything that has already gotten you so worked up. i suggest you leave while you still have a chance.

Exactly, You should blame the tennis players, if they sucks then we have to write something mean. :devil:

esquímaux
Oct 6th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Love.

Greenout
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:49 AM
GM is a free for all. It can be fun, entertaining and painful- just like
the real WTA tour! :lol:

If you want an easier time then hang out at the specific player forums.
Each has it's own tone, and vibe; but you should have an interest in
the player that it's for- or else it ain't pretty! ;)

SelesFan70
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:52 AM
This place is full of hate...and I hate new posters!! :mad:

Just kidding... :angel:

Just be prepared to make rational, sane argments for a player or against a player and you'll be okay! :D

Greenout
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:56 AM
This place is full of hate...and I hate new posters!! :mad:

Just kidding... :angel:

Just be prepared to make rational, sane argments for a player or against a player and you'll be okay! :D

Sane? rational? arguments? We are speaking of GM at
WTAworld, correct? :lol:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:08 AM
...i think you all are sad and mean...
And that is a totally wrong thought!

It all depends on how you behave yourself on this board. That is: If you talk to other posters in a respectful way, then you would get treated in the same way.

I've been posting on this board for almost a year now, and I can tell you that there are so many nice and intelligent people in here that sometimes I even think they're my good friends.

Elvira
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Saved! is a really good movie btw, I just watched it. :bounce: :bounce:

RVD
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Welcome Saved! :wavey:
Don't be alarmed. I've been here less than a week and I've received 2 bad reps (GoDominique and Machu Picchu) and had a post deleted, and I don't even know why. :lol: These guys don't even tell ya. *shrugs*

But hey, I've learned that if you are attacked, just attack right back and you get respect. :lol: So hang around for awhile and maybe you'll catch up to my record of bad reps and deleted posts. :yeah: :lol:

Offers FERVENT apologies to Druiz, who is a VERY kind and generous poster! :wavey:

Kart
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
i think you all are sad and mean.
With comments like that I'm surprised you don't feel at home here if that's how you really feel.

There are a lot of nice people around here if you look patiently.

Alternatively you can generalise and leave.

sarza
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:18 PM
i think this board is great, and the people are alright too :D

Frank
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
98% of the time it's enjoyable. Sometimes you run into a conflict, but as soon as you start taking that serious you're toast. And there are several great posters here...

Positivity ensues! :D

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I dont cut bitches with words...I cut bitches for real...:mad:

Frank
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I dont cut bitches with words...I cut bitches for real...:mad:
:scared:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM
:scared:
Yeah bitch be :scared:

Psss. I think Saved is hiding under his bed by now...:haha:

Frank
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah bitch be :scared:

Psss. I think Saved is hiding under his bed by now...:haha:
So it's him who I found under my bed? I was wondering what it was...:p

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:08 PM
So it's him who I found under my bed? I was wondering what it was...:p
:eek: :scared:

Frank
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:11 PM
:eek: :scared:
There's enough room for someone else!

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:21 PM
There's enough room for someone else!
:drool: :drool:

Frank
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:25 PM
:drool: :drool:
I charge though... :devil:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I charge though... :devil:
:bigcry: **Cam tries to catch the bank before they close**

Hant Hant
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
You people are sooooo slutty.

*Fucks you all.............(literally)*

Fairbanks
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:35 AM

The trick is not to let yourself take anything too personally. Remember this is not a mob or a rat pack. Everyone is behind a lap top or PC just like you in the privacy or their home. Yes things get heated up once in a while but I think you will find that every message board has it's good and bad.

Just have fun with it and be yourself.

bmxbandit
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Love.
*gives Esqui head*

:kiss:

Nobody
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Seems fine to me!

Dementinator
Oct 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
No it certainly is not i'm fairly new myself and have been delighted with the other posters on the board,people have different opinions and things can can heated but on the whole its great.
One thing tho its bloody addictive!! ta ta Tea!! So long Bedtime!! cheerio work!!

LostGlory
Oct 7th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Ok calm down everyone and listen to my little experience on this board.
I've been on this board for a few months, I realised that alot of people go and come often some of the under different Nicks others as completely different people, new personalities, and a few use 3 to 4 Nicks at the same time....I met nice people that would love to make real friends and I met others that unless you agree to their opinion then you are worthless and deserve the ignore treatment, I've met great down to earth people. I've met people who seemed friendly and nice but had alterior motives, I've met people that claimed to know famous players some of the ones we cheer for here and said that they read and check this board and think some disgraceful thoughts of the way we cheer.....Well you meet all sorts of people from all sorts of backrounds and most of them are fake or they are coming here to run away from their realities or painful truth....it doesn't really matter who they are and what they do, what really matters is who you are and what you are and how you handle yourself.....this is what makes your time here valuable and special, because believe me regardless of all the bullshit on this board there are some aufully great people and wonderful friends that you can make, and they are all real.....

Dementinator
Oct 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I've been on this board for a few months, I realised that alot of people go and come often some of the under different Nicks others as completely different people, new personalities, and a few use 3 to 4 Nicks at the same time....I met nice people that would love to make real friends and I met others that unless you agree to their opinion then you are worthless and deserve the ignore treatment, I've met great down to earth people. I've met people who seemed friendly and nice but had alterior motives, I've met people that claimed to know famous players some of the ones we cheer for here and said that they read and check this board and think some disgraceful thoughts of the way we cheer.....Well you meet all sorts of people from all sorts of backrounds and most of them are fake or they are coming here to run away from their realities or painful truth....it doesn't really matter who they are and what they do, what really matters is who you are and what you are and how you handle yourself.....this is what makes your time here valuable and special, because believe me regardless of all the bullshit on this board there are some aufully great people and wonderful friends that you can make, and they are all real.....

Could'nt have said better myself :worship:

LostGlory
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Thx....

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
....it doesn't really matter who they are and what they do, what really matters is who you are and what you are and how you handle yourself.....this is what makes your time here valuable and special, because believe me regardless of all the bullshit on this board there are some aufully great people and wonderful friends that you can make, and they are all real.....
It's so true! Very well said!
I've met people that claimed to know famous players some of the ones we cheer for here and said that they read and check this board.....
At the Acura in San Diego Vera Zvonareva was checking out a new Sony laptop next to me, so I asked her to post in 'Vera Zvonareva rise to the top thread !!!!' in Russian Roulette for her fans. By the way, I don't know Vera.

Momo4ever
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:12 AM

One of the best posts i've ever read on this board...

*JR*
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM
In a word... yes. :(

Mariangelina
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:51 PM
There are nice people here, and there are idiots. Just like anywhere else. And just like anywhere else, the idiots are usually louder. However:

Mariangelina's Top 10 Reasons Why WTAWorld Idiots Are Better Than Real-World Idiots

10. You can laugh at them hysterically without them knowing.
9. They're multilingual, multicultural, varied idiots, rather than spoiled-white-suburban-anglophone-teenage idiots like 80% of the ones I know.
8. You can sharpen your debating skills on them without fear of them putting nasty things in your locker.
7. Spelling mistakes can be pretty funny.
6. Most of them won't be voting in my country's election and terrifying me as to its future.
5. You get to see just how silly religious fundamentalism actually is.
4. You can't give real-world people little red dots for acting like assholes.
3. You don't have to experience their idiotic driving skills, unlike the situation with many local idiots.
2. There may be assholes aplenty, but most of them don't use "That's so gay", "You are such a fag", "That was the gayest movie I've ever seen" as their all-purpose insults. :fiery: And if you're not gay, you probably don't know how much it hurts to hear that 24/7 from your supposed peers and/or friends. :sad:

And the #1 Reason Why WTAWorld Idiots Are Superior to Real-World Idiots:
1. You can escape them whenever you like! :bounce:

LostGlory
Oct 8th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind words and the many positive reps i got for this post, I just put my feelings down as I saw them...and I'm glad they made sense to many of you....

Neely OHara
Oct 8th, 2004, 01:27 PM

Hon, if you don’t take the board seriously you’ll be fine. The problems begin when people start believing everything that’s posted about their favourite players, their favourite celebrities, their countries, their religion, their political views, etc. A sense of humour is required but some people don't realise that.

Saved!
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:12 AM
feels less hating now

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Don't come here if you are sensitive. Your opinions will be trounced by the trolls.

Welcome, if you decide to stay, there are decent people that don't care about how popular they are with there internet friends :wavey:

harloo
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM

1) Venus or Serena Lose
3) Venus or Serena win
4) Venus or Serena party

:lol:

I also feel that this board would be boring if everyone agreed with each other. GM is all about controversy.;)

Hayato
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I 100% agree with SMM :rolleyes: :lol:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Good post, and rightfully this poster has received good rep.

Anyone disses you, just laugh at them, it's a message board so people often say/diss things they wouldn't in real life.........it's easy to slag off on a board..........easy to give good and bad rep.........take with a pinch of salt.....it's hardly important enough to merit any worry :)

JenFan75
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:11 AM

If by "Racist" you mean not liking Serena, than yeah...