PDA

View Full Version : Funny GW Bush clip from the debate

DunkMachine
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:32 PM
http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/duhbate.wmv

Yes mr Kerry, very revealing.

"Sluggy"
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:35 PM
by the way, who won the debate? they say Kerry came off good in France, is that true?

Volcana
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:40 PM
by the way, who won the debate? they say Kerry came off good in France, is that true?Virtually every news outlet in America said Kerry won the debate. The most conservative outlets say Kerry won by a little. More liberal outlet's used phrases like, ''Bush brough 30 minutes of material to a 90 minute debate."

The first thread up here described Bsh as a 'parrot', and that's how he came off. Like he had phrases he'd been told to repeat, and he had no idea what those phrases meant,only that he should repeat them.

The kindest thing conservative commentators had to say was 'Bush was clearly not at his best.'

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:51 PM
As I've always maintained, Joan Crawford gave me the best advice of my career. Never discuss religion or politics. But I must say, I watched the debate and Bush reminded me a lot of Faye Dunaway. Faye Dunaway is notorious for not learning her lines very well and when she's doing a scene, she often delays, makes mannerisms, or does something to delay the delivery of the line because she's struggling to remember it. When you're supertalented like she is, you can get away with it. It doesn't fly at a political debate.

I believe they both were reading rehearsed lines, only Kerry memorized them better.

Dunaway had a tough time making Network, and had some issues with the film's director, Sidney Lumet. Network was a very dense, precise, brilliant script by Paddy Chayefsky. The lines had to be delivered as written, exactly as written. Dunaway also played the manic Diana Christensen. She had to deliver precise dialog very quickly in all her scenes, no room for dramatic delays, mannerisms, or the like. Lumet and she had a tough time, but she got the lines straight, and won an Oscar for her portrayal of the manic Diana. It was the performane of the decade, and being an Oscar winner myself, I know what I'm talking about.

Time will tell if Bush takes a page from the book of Dunaway for the next debate.

Wigglytuff
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM
http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/duhbate.wmv

Yes mr Kerry, very revealing.

this annoyed me becausei had a hardtime hearing with the stooooped music playing over it.