PDA

View Full Version : If Kim needs to retire, who will be your new favorite?

FaceyFacem
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:17 PM
If this is true, then it will be the 3rd time in the recent era of tennis that my favorite player has been sidelined by a chronic injury:
hingis' foot
kournikova's back
clijsters' wrist

arantxa lasted for a long time, but i need a long-term favorite, for the rest of the kim fan's, who are you planning on turning to and why?

gmak
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:21 PM
don't mention this word again :( :sad:
kim is NOT going to retire without a Slam!

lena is the only player that can stand up there with kim! :hearts:

FaceyFacem
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
i was so counting on kim being on top for so long, and still haven't given up hope, but for now i'm picking dementieva, i think she is exciting, her matches are intense, and she is successful at the moment, and hopefully will stay near the top

i didn't list anyone that was on the older side, because i figure why would you start to have lindsay or jennifer start being your favorite given that they can't have too much longer left,

Chrissie-fan
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I think that your next favorite will be shaking all over if she hears that you've become a fan of her :lol: Seriously though,there's no reason for panic. I think Kim will be ok :yeah:

....But just to be on the safe side....PLEASE,don't become a fan of my Jen ;)

If this is true, then it will be the 3rd time in the recent era of tennis that my favorite player has been sidelined by a chronic injury:
hingis' foot
kournikova's back
clijsters' wrist

beauty_is_pink
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
shes NOT retiring or will! :sobbing:
:(

XaDavK_Kapri
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
I don't think anyone can take her place... Well, she's at =#1 with Jen in my list, so if Kim retires, Jen will be alone at the top :sad: BUT KIM WON'T RETIRE!!! She won't! :sobbing: :sad:

FaceyFacem
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:41 PM
i hope she doesn't! this is only a hypothetical, but as i said, i thought hingis and kournikova were both gonna be back soon, too, and look what happened

ans
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Justine.

If she also doesn't need to retire that is.

Come-on-kim
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:10 PM
IF she retires which I won't happen now!!! I'd go with Nastya Myskina

Kart
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Don't support anyone new - all your favourites get injured !

Kart
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:18 PM
On second thoughts, support someone I don't like :p.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:23 PM
please dont start supporting Silvia lol

FaceyFacem
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:16 PM
maybe if i support someone though they'll have an career like arantxa's - 4 slams and 12 weeks at #1, not bad at all i don't think

thelittlestelf
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Kim is NOT RETIRING.

Billabong
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Even though Martina retired, she's still my #1 favorite, so I'm sure Kim's biggest fans will always have Kim as their #1, no matter what happens:)! BTW I'm sure she'll be back:D!

SzavayFi
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:43 AM
OMG!!!!!!! KIM RETIRING? Please this is ridiculous, she pulls out of a tournament, BIG WHOOP!

New
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:07 AM
I may not be a fan of kim's, but she cant retire!! she has too much to offer for tennis... :sad:

Martian Jeza
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Even though Martina retired, she's still my #1 favorite, so I'm sure Kim's biggest fans will always have Kim as their #1, no matter what happens:)! BTW I'm sure she'll be back:D!

I've the same thoughts as you about Martina ;)

FaceyFacem
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:22 AM
OMG!!!!!!! KIM RETIRING? Please this is ridiculous, she pulls out of a tournament, BIG WHOOP!

only respnding to the dude at Hasselt who said he is "extremely pessimistic" and "the injury could be career threatening"

FaceyFacem
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:23 AM
also, i guess no one likes vera

Buitenzorg
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:39 AM
coin toss between Justine and Dementieva :)

Buitenzorg
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:39 AM
also, i guess no one likes vera
Vera is ok for me nothing special compare to the other ;)

sabandborg
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:48 AM
hingis' foot
kournikova's back
clijsters' wrist

arantxa lasted for a long time, but i need a long-term favorite, for the rest of the kim fan's, who are you planning on turning to and why?

No true Kim fan will jump ship at this point.

Having survived the "she's too nice to win" and "she's a choker" stages, I'm pretty sure I'll survive the "injury shortened career" stage.

I've a question for you, who normally jumps ship first?

SG_Slam
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:57 AM
She is not my favourtie. It's always been Lindsay Davenport

FaceyFacem
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:02 AM
i'm not jumping ship yet, i still pray every day that anna and martina are coming back, and i follow arantxa every doubles she plays, i've always been loyal to my players, i cried when i read arantxa was retiring! if kim does, it'll be the same

ans
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:23 PM
IF

is an essential word in the question of this thread before everybody goes on freaking out;)