PDA

View Full Version : There is only one Venus - she cannot be cloned.

All4Williams
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Venus Williams achievements between June 1998 and June 1999 her 18th Birthday year.

Won
Rome
Hamburg
Key Biscayne
Oklahoma
Munich

Finalist: Hanover Zurich Stansford

Semi Finalist: UsOpen Moscow

Quarter Finalist : AO, Wimbledon, Rolland Garros, Sydney, San Diego

Recorded the fastest serve ever in WTA TOUR history at 1998 Zurich with a 127 mph (205 km) ace on match point over Mary Pierce in the quarterfinals; served the second-fastest serve at 1998 Wimbledon with a 125 mile per hour (201 km) serve in the second round, shattering Brenda Schultz- McCarthy's record of 123; at 1998 Lipton, served a 122 mile per hour serve; served a 120 mph serve at 1998 Rolland Garros .

Many other significant achievements are outside of this period.

GrandSlammed
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:45 PM
served a 120 mph serve at 1998 Rolland Garros

ON SLOOOOW red clay mind you! :)

LOL.

Thanxs for this All4Williams.http://wtaworld.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Hopefully the other Williams fans will SNAP! out of this nonsesne about Hantuchova being, lol.. " Lil' Venus" ... :rolleyes:

Giuliano
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Errrr Slow red clay has nothing to do with the serve speed.

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:52 PM
LOL! :D

GrandSlammed
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Sure it does...

Especially when you have folks possibly like your self , preaching nonstop about how the Williams power is so very blunted on slooooow red clay. 120 mph on slooooow red clay... :)

AND don't feel that you need to come in here and bark, piss and slobber at the mouth, on the sly, in defense of Hantuchova...

sartrista7
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:14 PM
GrandSlammed, the serve is timed as it crosses the net i.e. before it's touched the clay. The key difference is that on clay a 120mph serve has much less impact than it would do on grass or hard courts. Venus could serve at 120mph no matter what she was standing on. All power is blunted on clay (and so when Venus wins on clay it sort of proves that she's no one-dimensional power player).
As for Daniela, I like the nickname Lil Venus. There are definite similarities between their games (open stance, backhand) and they've got similar physiques (tall, skinny, loooong legs). But they're by no means identical, just look at their hugely different net games.

GrandSlammed
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:58 PM
I stand corrected. Hey.. feel free to school, inform me anytime.

BUT I still think people exaggerate about how blunted, and slooooowed down the power players are on this surface.

Capriati, Pierce, Williams and the other big hitters, don't look to be that deprived of power on it.

victory1
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Venus a league of her own :bounce:

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:18 PM
get a life, grandslammed. :rolleyes:

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:22 PM
'Lil Venus' sucks!!! :fiery:

Daniela is Daniela. She has her own game, her own personality, please don't compare her to Venus.

victory1
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:31 PM
That's what the thread is about Lola, Venus is in a league of her own, Dianiela has a long way to go to prove herself. Venus HAS arrived!!!:wavey: I to don't see any similarity, Venus is an ORIGINAL!:D

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Why do you even bother? :rolleyes:

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by victory1
That's what the thread is about Lola, Venus is in a league of her own, Dianiela has a long way to go to prove herself. Venus HAS arrived!!!:wavey: I to don't see any similarity, Venus is an ORIGINAL!:D

DANIELA IS ALSO AN ORIGINAL!

by the way, daniela's way to prove herself is not soo long... just wait and see... ;)

:wavey:

Infiniti2001
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Vanity , from day 1 you 've been trying to prove how vile the Williamses and their fans are , but alot can be said about your surly, hostile attitude. :rolleyes:

It's so nice to see you hanging out with the boring /unintelligent /no lifer / fanatical fans... What does that say about you , Miss I am black???

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:47 PM
http://help.microsoft.com/!data/en_us/data/messengerv46_msn.its51/$content$/bowwow.gif = infiniti2001

Why do you bother responding to me? :rolleyes:

WilliamzX2
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Lola,

this thread is about Venus...we would be happy if you keep Daniela out of it.

I am sure that Daniela will come into her own eventually and when the time comes we will be happy for her.

So you don't need to be angry about comparison with Venus because there are far worse things that she could be compared to. I think the fact that is she being compared to Venus is a compliment because as noted above at her age Venus was already winning. So calm down please.

Vanity,

you are too ignorant for words. I try my best to ignore you because you seem to have SERIOUS issues I suggest you deal with them and stop trying to find a "million" ways to be irritating!

With that being Said;

VENUS is truly special and to her true fans she can never be duplicated.

Infiniti2001
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Because I want you to realize how much of a nuisance you are kiddo . Your desperate need to be accepted is so pathetic , it actually hurts and concerns me even though I am a stranger :rolleyes:

victory1
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:54 PM
The sicko is right:o , I can't belive I'm agreeing with garbage:o I never address certain people on this board, they have dependent personality and you have to learn to ignore them! There's a ignore button you can use and never have to read another post of that person again, I use it for 1 member on this board, and it works wonder.

venusrocks
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:55 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

aaaaah...nooo. The serve speed is recorded once the ball has hit the racquet! err..as it crosses the net rather

you people should know that!

It's Venus and Serena's party and you still ain't invited... :p
Nasdaq-100 Open 2002 finals > Venus & Serena
Oh how I hope :o Please let it be so.

WilliamzX2
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Where is that Ignore Button? Where???

victory1
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Go to user cp at the top and hit edit ignore list, then add the person name, then you don't have to read any of their messages, even if you start the thread.

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:04 PM
WilliamzX2,

I am n ot angry about the comparison; all I want to say is that there is no need for any comparison,

Daniela does not need such a comparison; and that is for sure no compliment for her,

and last but not least, I don't have to calm down, because I am always calm.

:wavey:

Lolita
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:19 PM
I agree Dani is a venus clone

She hit as hard as venus
she move as graciously as venus
and she has a body of a supermodel

yours Lolita

GrandSlammed
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:32 PM
get a life, grandslammed.
LOL.

Would everyone who has entered, and will enter this thread, please direct your attention to Vanity's signature/avatar... and then decide just what poster is in need of a LIFE transplant??:D

WE ALL know you dislike that black girl VERY much Vanity, but.. I mean... to go to such lengths, to put down Venus Williams... how sorry and insecure can your ass be?? :)

WilliamzX2
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the link..IGNORED!!! and it works!!

Lola,

Here's a shocker, you do not sound calm. In fact, to me, you seem awfully worked up about this.

Further you sound like someone who does not like Venus... and I believe that is your main point of contention so please be "BRAVE" and admit it...otherwise say your piece and leave others to think as they like.

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Thank god!

Maybe the rest will put me on ignore as well so I can post in peace!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Thank GOD that there's NO Venus clone out there. I'm shivering just bcoz of the thought.

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Marri.... you crack me up girl!! :D

saby
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:39 PM
The power of the her serve is nothing compared to her huge pride:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

RESPECT

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Linton
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:42 PM
God U williams fans are so paranoid. everytime someone says something about them u get so agressive like a menopausal wombat!!! I see u hasselign other players and there fans so take a bit of ure own comupince back and live with the fact that people dont like The Williams sisters. Just live with it. U hate taking agression so u give it

all i have to say is that I dont like the williams and Hauntchova isint a clone of them. If she were it wouldnt take her 3 sets to beet gagliardi.

Pureracket
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Linton,
Since you are talking about me, on behalf of all Williams fans, I will try to reform. Also, I have been called a wombat before, but I'm nowhere near menopausal.:fiery:

Linton
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Im justs aying Williams fans act like it. I went to the australian open last year and i had to sit all around williams fans, and when ever i said GO SELES or GO MARTINA they would look at me in disgust just coz im rooting for some other player, they need to get real with it and see that there is other players on the tour not just me me me and williams fans.

Pureracket
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Linton,
You were offended by Williams fans during the Aussie Open? I could only imagine what would have happened if you were going for Marat and sitting next to that beautiful blue and gold contingent from Sweden. I believe you, though. I grew up in the southern part of the USA, and sports there have caused much worst than evil stares.

Sam L
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Well technically Venus can be cloned. But will take quite a few attempts. Also her clone will probably die young early. Of course though she will have her own personality etc... ;)

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:04 PM
WilliamzX2, there' s no need for me to be brave to say I don't like a player or another. That's not what the word 'brave' means to me. And yes, I don't like Venus! But to admit it I don't have to be brave at all!