PDA

View Full Version : YEC: Sharapova moves up to #8!

~SunFlower~
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Oh, the drama! :eek:

Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Jenny Capriati are having catfights :cat: :boxing: to grab 8th spot in the YEC..

Zhao
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:14 AM
i think Jenny has given up the fight for a place in YEC
she's most probably partying somewhere n will start preparing for 2005 in DEC :)

waratahsrock
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Hopefully Maria makes it! so she can shut a few of her critics up

FaceyFacem
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:40 AM
i think the top 8 now will be the top 8 come november, venus' sparse schedule and jennifer's lack of indoor results, as well as maria's decision to play small tournaments and guarantee herself points should lock up spot 8, maria should play some harder events though soon to prep herself for the competition level at the YEC, also, we have to wonder if any of the top 8 are questionable fitness-wise at this point...you never know

Bamafan717
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:48 AM
venus' sparse schedule

maria's decision to play small tournaments
Venus plays very big tournaments and if she does well, she should equal the amount of points that Maria gets for being cheap and not earning her points :tape:

Rollo
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Hasn't it been ages since the top 8 qualifiers have even shown up? It's probably a better than 50% bet that at least one of the top 8 won't even be in LA.

SG_Slam
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:16 AM
If Jennifer keeps being absent from her commitments, she wont make it. This title could mean a clinch for Maria.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Venus added Philly so I think she has a better chance than Maria, if she does well at her tournaments.

Lemonskin.
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:05 AM
GO Masha!!!

LucasArg
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Venus added Philly so I think she has a better chance than Maria, if she does well at her tournaments.Yeah that is what I think, Venus is playing two tier I tournaments and one tier II, she can win big points.

DEETHELICK
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
If Jen is not going to make it (which seems likely, and I don't mind, she can rest up for Oz, although if Justine withdraws she could?) I want Venus there. I want Venus to play against Top 8 players, 3 matches to give her an assessment of where she needs to go during the off season.

Go Jen and Venus :)

pav
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:01 AM
You lot are ignoring someone who still has a shot at it!

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Udachi Masha. :hearts:

It would be nice to have all of 04's Grand Slam champions playing. :hearts:

Andy.
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:36 PM
You can Do it Masha:bounce: