PDA

View Full Version : Does getting married help or hurt a player’s performance??


Fairbanks
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Do you think it has any effect on a player if they choose to get married while playing on the tour and if so, in what way? Let me put it another way. Does “getting some” :tape: on a regular basis help a player’s performance or make them soft? :lol:

thelittlestelf
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Certainly doesn't help, but some players manage :).

Justeenium
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Justine had 0/5 of a golden slam before she was married.
now she has 4/5 of a golden slam?

GoDominique
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. :shrug:

Elldee
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Both. They become happy but distracted, and in Lindsay's case it makes her want to retire. Grr.

For Lindsay I think it's a good thing.

David Barker
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Well Sprem, Maleeva, Krasnoroutskaya, Dechy are all doing it. We shall see!!

Pamela Shriver
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Does getting married help or hurt a player’s performance??

When I married George it improved my game 100%. I actually won a point shortly afterwards. :eek:

DEETHELICK
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:09 AM
It depends. If the balance between travelling, playing and spending time with the partner is easy to achieve, then being married can bring personal stability and happiness, which can only give you strength on court IMO.

It can have a negative effect, causing disinterest, losing focus (especially if there are problems) and mental lapses if in the honeymoon period.

Overall, I think marriage can be a positive. You just need to draw a line between tennis and your marriage. I would personally try and keep it as separate as possible.

Bamafan717
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:40 AM
It hurt Anna Smashnova. She is now #31. And now she is going through some divorce shit so that definately won't help.

So the answer is definately "hurt"

gRaFiC
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Let's hope for Kimmy it's a good thing. poor thing :(

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Do you think it has any effect on a player if they choose to get married while playing on the tour and if so, in what way? Let me put it another way. Does “getting some” :tape: on a regular basis help a player’s performance or make them soft? :lol:


'LOVE" in tennis means nothing.....its scored ZERO. :angel:

relax
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:50 AM
marriage = less sex = more energy for tennis

marriage = short-term happiness = short-term more energy for tennis

are these good formulaes...hehe

lindsayno1
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:25 AM
well lindsays being playing better, but it might just be due to her health.

Allez-H
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
It helped Justine..Just look at Justines result before 2003,and look at them after...

bandabou
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Some people it helps, some gets hurt by it....I think a person like Justine who had such a hard youth, can find it more relaxing when she´s a relaxed group of people around of her.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM
it definately helped silvia

Meteor Shower
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
It hurt Anna Smashnova. She is now #31. And now she is going through some divorce shit so that definately won't help.

So the answer is definately "hurt"

Not true..

i think it helped anna, little after she married claudio she made her breakthrough to the top 20
its true that her recent form got to do with him, but overall it more helped than not helped :D
besides, she just won over Sugyiama, one of the biggest wins in her career.

Jakeev
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Come one people every situation is different. I don't think being married has anything more to do with a player's performance than if she were single or just had a steady boyfriend.

Although marriage does offer stability to a player's personal life, when you get right down to it, she still has a job to do on court, married or not.

vogus
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Come one people every situation is different. I don't think being married has anything more to do with a player's performance than if she were single or just had a steady boyfriend.

Although marriage does offer stability to a player's personal life, when you get right down to it, she still has a job to do on court, married or not.

that's a sensible post, but i still think in about 80 percent of cases, the player's results are worse than before the marriage. But that could just be a function of aging. (Obviously Farina falls into the other 20 percent.)