Elena Dementieva!!!!!

beauty_is_pink
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:00 AM
LenaD and Jelena Dokic
and Daniela when she grunts

cuties! :hearts:

pcrtennis
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Schett, Ai (when she gets going), Tammy, Seles (ofcourse), Dementieva's is bizarre but great, VENUS!, Shinobu

fabifan#1
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:10 AM
i forgot monica seles so agressive

Dokicfan17
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Dementieva's grunts are interesting..ones can be high pitched and then wicked manly lol

Dokic is my fave grunt...Schett has a nice one :)

Stamp Paid
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Serena Williams - Pure Power and Strength (except when shes tight, and then she starts screaming, not grunting)

RatedR Superstar
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Seles coz she started the whole grunting thing. The worst is Masha.

faboozadoo15
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:30 AM
seles, simply. are there even any rivals in such a category? ;)
i personally like all the grunters in some way. serena, maria, dokic, dementieva, venus, and bovina are all good grunters.

Emptiness
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Dementieva's grunts are interesting..ones can be high pitched and then wicked manly lolI like the two syllables one "Huh-un!" but i don't like her "Hun!" and those weird sounds like "Wah!"

Maria's is not easy on the ears. :o

waratahsrock
Oct 4th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Maria Sharapova's grunt is pure music to the ears!

Dennis
Oct 4th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Tottaly agree !

Monica one and only, best grunt ever !!

cheo23
Oct 4th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Tottaly agree !

Monica one and only, best grunt ever !!
I'm with U Also..Everyone Knows Monica is By FAR the BESt & Because she's the OnE that INVENTED THE GRUNT! EVERyone is a CopyCAT!!!!!!!!!!! GO MONICA! WHEN is she COMIN BACK to Tennis??????????////

SelesFan70
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:19 AM
I like the two syllables one "Huh-un!" but i don't like her "Hun!" and those weird sounds like "Wah!"

Maria's is not easy on the ears. :o

:lol: I absolutely love the "WAH" and "WUPAH" grunts from Demetieva!

And, of course, La Seles..."Aiiiii-Eeeee" :worship:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Put together Bovina and Dementieva in a doubles match and the result will be hilarious. I have witnessed it ;) It amounts in evil glances from the coach, but it's so funny :p

CooCooCachoo
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Maria Sharapova's grunt is pure music to the ears!

:haha:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Put together Bovina and Dementieva in a doubles match and the result will be hilarious. I have witnessed it ;) It amounts in evil glances from the coach, but it's so funny :p

Yes, I truly love Bovina's grunt!! Its weird :D :p :kiss:

mandy7
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:24 AM
daniela h, elena b, elena d and barbara s

MisterQ
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Dementieva has amazing skills, but I am not a fan of her grunt...

Seles' grunt brings me pure joy. :lol: :worship:

azmad_88
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:33 AM
elena dementieva's whoop

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Harkleroad, Bovina and Schett :hearts:

Doraemon
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Schiavone's hands down!

Lemonskin.
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Masha and Lena D!!! :D

Tell ya who has the worst grunt ever... Kuznetsova. It sounds horrible

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:35 AM
:wavey:

i think lindsay lee-waters,petrova and serena

Monica Seles Queen of Tennis...Queen of
Grunts...nothing beats the original Queen Bee :angel:

ghosts
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Tzvetana Pironkova ;)

you'll hear her one day I'm sure :)

DEETHELICK
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Venus (when she's really going for it, she sounds like a warrior).

Elena D (she has variations, but her grunt is SO distinctive, I can always tell if she's playing).

Pamela Shriver
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM
When I grunted I caused the polar ice caps to melt.

Chunchun
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM
LenaD, Venus, Dokic, MaSha ;)

gRaFiC
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:40 AM
gotta go with the original: Monica.

Emptiness
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:18 AM
:lol: I absolutely love the "WAH" and "WUPAH" grunts from Demetieva!Haha you got the sound right WUPAH! ... so unique. I always laugh when she goes WAH its like where the fuck did that come from? :tape:

Its not a grunt but i like it when Myskina screams. [That sounds dirty... its not like that!]

Jeff
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Dokic

xr6turbo
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Venus (when she's really going for it, she sounds like a warrior).

Yep.. that reminds me when they were on the Oprah show and Venus said when they did plays as kids, she was always the warrior....

Andy.
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Maria Sharapova has the best grunt. Mary Pierce has a really feminine one when she grunts.

lindsayno1
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:57 AM
monica seles and venus williams!

venus passes it off to her opponents too! when she played davenport at the us open, even LINDSAY grunted a bit! i was shocked!

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Best grunts Moaning Monica comes to mind hehe:) Maria grunts like she is in labor...Venus & Serena are pretty too!:)

ßcoene
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:28 PM
I like the sound Dementieva makes. :)

Bovina's grunts were quite funny at times in her finale against Dementieva. :lol:

M&M
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:34 PM
seles

DevilishAttitude
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Schiavone ;) her grunt is hilarous :lol:

Hantuchov
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Tzvetana Pironkova ;)

you'll hear her one day I'm sure :)

I'll be waiting :drool: :drool: :drool:

I do like Dementieva's grunts :hearts: :worship: ;)

Hantuchov
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:02 PM

:haha:

Indeed! :yeah: :rolls:

I couldnt stop laughing while she was facing Momo in US Open this year. Dunno, her face is also a bit funny, but after hearing her grunts... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO :p

Chunchun
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:05 PM

:haha: her grunt are scary :ras: sounds like a man

Also Molik's grunts are :scared:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Have you noticed though, when Serena is really angry she goes all quiet!

R&J
Oct 5th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Monica Seles of course!

Lapin
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Schiavone's hands down!
I agree, Francesca's grunt is the best (and the funniest!! :lol: )

Stefwhit
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:21 AM
(copied from another thread on grunting awhile ago- some stuff I found on grunting)

Here’s a couple of quotes from the players on the subject of grunting:

"She was screaming at the top of her lungs.* This is the loudest that she's been in a long time that I've played her. It was extremely hard to concentrate and focus when I had this screaming going on. The balls are coming so fast and I'm hitting them so fast, it almost seems like (she's grunting) all the time… Sometimes it's like interference. I don't know if something can be done outside the court, but she was really loud… Everyone grunts. I grunt. But I don't absolutely scream when I hit the ball. I don't think that's necessary." - JCap (complaining about Seles after a losing a match to her)

Russian teenager Maria Sharapova was ordered to tone down her grunting during her 6-3, 6-2 victory last year over Nathalie Dechy in the second round of the DFS Classic. “It's difficult for me because I have been doing this since I was four…. But I have to think about how I can control it. If you get a complaint you just have to try to make people happy.'' - M Sharapova.

“It was one of the loudest (grunts) I have heard. But I just played my match and tried not to care about it.'' - Natalie Dechy (commenting on Sharapova after their match)

Davenport said that it’s not a problem for her, saying that Serena Williams grunts louder than Monica. Lindsay did add, though, that it seems like both Seles' and Serena's grunting gets louder the closer the match is.

"I think people should be able to breathe and exhale they way they want to." -Venus Williams

"When I came on the tour, I was one of the loudest grunters. Nowadays, there are girls who are much louder than I am. I learned my lesson at 1992 Wimbledon when I was affected and then played terrible in the final. But I was young. -Monica Seles

"I know when I started playing tennis in my backyard I used to always grunt. I thought it was just a part of playing tennis and since then have incorporated it into my game. I actually used to like Iva Majoli’s grunt it kinda sounded like a cat hissing and that’s the grunt I copied. When I play people I can tell some time it annoys them, and that’s too bad cuz my intent isn’t to be a distraction- I honestly feel like it helps me and make me concentrate better."- Stefwhit

I guess it’s fair to say that Monica was the ‘first lady of grunt’. I know when she hit the scene a lot of fuss was made about her grunting too loud, and too often. In 1992 both Martina Navratilova and Nathalie Tauziat both complained about Monica’s grunting. Under the sport's `hindrance rule', a player can be penalized a point for excessive grunting, although I don't think that's actually ever happened. The grunting just helps in making things more dramatic for us spectators.

Some links for the various quotes:**http://www.turkishdailynews.com/pas...5_01/sportp.htm */ *http://********************/scoop_080501.html **/ http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/foru...goto=nextnewest

faboozadoo15
Oct 5th, 2004, 01:43 AM
you really did your homework ;)

fabifan#1
Oct 5th, 2004, 02:52 AM
totally :D

Dan23
Oct 5th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Seles is the original grunter..;)

I like Maria and Lena D's as well..
..though I wouldnt really call Maria's a grunt, its more like a scream or a shreik...its good when listening to audio of a match and you cant see the video - in a long rally you always know when its Masha hitting the ball..:D

Grice
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Monica's.... i miss hearing it so much

Jarrett
Oct 5th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Monica Seles of course!

I also like Elena Bovina's, Jelena Dokic's and Veras.

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Monica so loud that at Wimby 1992 Grunt-o-Meter lol......uh hee! hu hee! Venus & Serena OMG lol:)