PDA

View Full Version : Man punches train whilst being chased by police.

MartianJoeyWinson
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Reported in the Belper News this week.

A man punched a passing train at Belper station this week after being chased by policemen who suspected him of shoplifting at the nearby Somerfield supermarket.

He spun round after striking the train which was travelling from London to Sheffield and landed on the platform. The train later had to stop for an hour to check that no damanged had been caused by the impact.

---> Right, so, you are being chased by policemen who think you have been shoplifting. What would you do?

a) Keep running
b) Flag down a cab
c) Give yourself up
d) Punch a moving train, breaking your arm in the process and getting yourself caught.

It's a toughie.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:49 PM
LMAO :p

I'll might have to try d :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nikki
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Lol

Scotso
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:11 AM
I'd like to know what possible damage he could have caused the train?

MartianJoeyWinson
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:59 AM
Well, I heard in the Sheffield Star he had to have his arm amputated, but rumour around town is that he actually died when he fell due to the impact.

The bloke had come from Derby (the nearby city) as he thought Belper was an easier place to shoplift from. Probably not an easier place to punch trains though.

Scotso - The London to Sheffield train doesnt stop in Belper, there is only one train that ends its line in Sheffield which stops in Belper at 8 in the morning, just before Somerfield opens which is right near the station. So I presume it was going full speed when he hit it.

But still the question remains. Why punch a train?