PDA

View Full Version : what liberal media? fox news releases false kerry qoutes

Wigglytuff
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
fox news releases false kerry qoutes

TV news show sorry for Kerry 'joke'
From correspondents in Washington
October 2, 2004

AMERICA'S Fox News apologised today for posting phoney quotes from US Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on its website.

Carl Cameron, a Fox reporter who covers the Kerry campaign, wrote an item that had looked like a news story but had made-up Kerry quotes, said Paul Schur, a Fox spokesman.

The item was not intended to be posted on the site.

"Carl made a stupid mistake which he regrets," Mr Schur said. "And he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment.

"It was a poor attempt at humour."

The phoney item read in part:

"Rallying supporters in Tampa Friday Kerry played up his performance in Thursday night's debate in which many observers agreed the Massachusetts senator outperformed the president.

"'Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!' Kerry said Friday."

The item also quoted Kerry as saying of himself and President George W. Bush: "I'm metrosexual - he's a cowboy."

After withdrawing the item, Fox posted a statement on its website apologising for the error.

It said: "The item was based on a reporter's partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast. We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

Mr Cameron had been a political reporter for Fox News since 1996, Mr Schur said.

Asked about the incident, Kerry spokesman David Wade said: "America would be stronger if only George Bush could admit his mistakes as easily."

The Associated Press

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10947382%5E13762,00.html

----

the most sick part is that this is guy thats supposed to be covering the KERRY camp!

Bacardi
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
FOX News, has always been, and will always be biased Republican butt-smoochers. That's just how it is. I refuse to watch their news channel seeing as the same company that owns that, Clear Channel, is also helped by a dear friend of George W. Not only that, how can they act so snobby, aren't they responsible for such things as, The Simpsons, That 70s Show and so on. Sorry, one news network doesn't bring you up to the credibility of CNN, or even CBS.

cheesestix
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry, one news network doesn't bring you up to the credibility of CNN, or even CBS.

:lol:

You're a riot!

CBS News? Credibility? :lol:

Fox News may have a conservative slant, but every other news agency (CNN, CBS, etc) is liberal! :rolleyes:

cheesestix
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
what liberal media? fox news releases false kerry qoutes

Hmmm, maybe the liberal media that is made up of every other news network OTHER THAN Fox News???? :rolleyes:

Maybe the same liberal media that released false (horrifically false) documents about Bush's guard service???? :rolleyes:

wta_zuperfann
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
I understand that this phony network's ratings are down as well.

You have to wonder, who could be so stupid as to believe the reich wing Nazi style Bushsh¡t that those idiots impart every night? Dr Goebels could not have spoken or written more slanted garbage in his time. :fiery:

Steam
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:51 AM
I only watch Fox News for their attractive reporters. I have to have it on mute though since their spin is sickening. Actually, the spin on both sides sucks ass. The worst part is that the vast majority of Americans are sheep and will do what one of these dipshit networks tells them to do.

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:19 AM
:lol:

You're a riot!

CBS News? Credibility? :lol:

Fox News may have a conservative slant, but every other news agency (CNN, CBS, etc) is liberal! :rolleyes:

if by liberal you mean not liberal then yes that is true.

Hmmm, maybe the liberal media that is made up of every other news network OTHER THAN Fox News???? :rolleyes:

Maybe the same liberal media that released false (horrifically false) documents about Bush's guard service???? :rolleyes:

you are right because we all know that bush went to vietman got 3 purple hearts. we all know was NOT an drunk, crackhead getting by on his fathers concentions. and any news media outlet that does not report on GWBush's 3 purple heart is really just a mouth peice for left.

jbone_0307
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Fox News is the most biased news station. I dont even watch it, Bill O'Reilly uugh I cant stand that man.

martirogi
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:46 AM
i thought fox changed its name to RNN, republican news network

Halardfan
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
The liberal Media is largely a myth...frankly the American mainstream media too often seems too timid in tackling its leaders...

Whne Blair/Bush meet up the contrast is amazing...questions from the American media are respectful, frankly pretty soft...

The British media (despite our press leaning conservative) at such events are rude, sarcastic, looking to trip up the politicans and most importantly to get answers...that's how is SHOULD be! There shouldn't be a cosy relationship between media and goverment, whatever its persuassion.

Add to this the weekly half hour of Prime Ministers questions and monthly press conferences, we get to see what happens when our Prime Minister is asked tough questions.

Only perhaps in the debates in GW being tested in that way...and being revealed for the useless fool he is.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM

Why don't you prove it instead of spouting off things that resort to mere accusations?

Circe
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
fox news is pathetic.
fox is shamelessly and obviously the republican party's poodle.
on the other hand, while CNN might have a liberal "slant" at worst, its a slant. i havent seen them being either covertly or overtly critical of the government except in an oblique way. (digression : compare that to the BBC which inspite of being state-owned has major run-ins with the labor government).

what makes me most pessimistic about this upcoming election is that fox and its biased reporting is widely believed to be the truth by the voting population.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
fox news is pathetic.
fox is shamelessly and obviously the republican party's poodle.
on the other hand, while CNN might have a liberal "slant" at worst, its a slant. i havent seen them being either covertly or overtly critical of the government except in an oblique way. (digression : compare that to the BBC which inspite of being state-owned has major run-ins with the labor government).

what makes me most pessimistic about this upcoming election is that fox and its biased reporting is widely believed to be the truth by the voting population.
How can CNN have a liberal slant when it's lead political guy is Bill Schneider, who is massive right wing with the American Enterprise Institute

and it's "main" news man, Wolf Blitzer, is a hardcore republican as well.

Circe
Oct 4th, 2004, 05:47 PM
How can CNN have a liberal slant when it's lead political guy is Bill Schneider, who is massive right wing with the American Enterprise Institute

and it's "main" news man, Wolf Blitzer, is a hardcore republican as well.
i didnt know that about schneider, but anyway i'm only referring to certain people, such as cheesestix here, saying CNN has a considerable liberal bias. but then i suppose they consider any channel that doesn't spout Big Brother's line in its unedited, unmitigated beauty is a liberal mouthpiece.

flyingmachine
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:40 PM
The liberal Media is largely a myth...frankly the American mainstream media too often seems too timid in tackling its leaders...

Whne Blair/Bush meet up the contrast is amazing...questions from the American media are respectful, frankly pretty soft...

The British media (despite our press leaning conservative) at such events are rude, sarcastic, looking to trip up the politicans and most importantly to get answers...that's how is SHOULD be! There shouldn't be a cosy relationship between media and goverment, whatever its persuassion.

Add to this the weekly half hour of Prime Ministers questions and monthly press conferences, we get to see what happens when our Prime Minister is asked tough questions.

Only perhaps in the debates in GW being tested in that way...and being revealed for the useless fool he is.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

cheesestix
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Why don't you prove it instead of spouting off things that resort to mere accusations?

Where the FUCK have you been?????? :rolleyes:

A PRIME EXAMPLE:

CBS (DAN RATHER) RELEASED FORGED/FAKE DOCUMENTS WHICH WERE SUPPOSEDLY FROM ONE OF BUSH'S COMMANDING OFFICERS (SUPPOSEDLY SLAMMING BUSH) DURING HIS NATIONAL GUARD DAYS. THEY WERE PROVEN TO BE FAKES! DAN RATHER FINALLY APOLOGIZED AFTER ABOUT TWO WEEKS OF EVERYONE TELLING HIM THEY WERE FAKES!

How's THAT?

Geez, get your head out of your ass!

If you don't believe it (YOU PROBABLY DON'T :rolleyes: ), here's a link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35531-2004Sep20.html

cheesestix
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:55 PM
you are right because we all know that bush went to vietman got 3 purple hearts. we all know was NOT an drunk, crackhead getting by on his fathers concentions. and any news media outlet that does not report on GWBush's 3 purple heart is really just a mouth peice for left.

Who ever said that Bush got 3 purple hearts? :confused:

I guess you forgot about (or never knew about) Dan Rather's reporting/releasing FAKE/FORGED documents which he thought would make Bush look bad? After about 2 weeks, he FINALLY admitted that they were bogus and apologized. Dan Rather has it out for the Bush family. How's THAT for a "mouth pIEce for [the] left"????

Richie77
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
i didnt know that about schneider, but anyway i'm only referring to certain people, such as cheesestix here, saying CNN has a considerable liberal bias. but then i suppose they consider any channel that doesn't spout Big Brother's line in its unedited, unmitigated beauty is a liberal mouthpiece.
That's always been my feeling...it's always the Republicans and right-wingers that get their collective panties in a bunch whenever a single viewpoint is even remotely considered to be a possible leaning towards the left.

And that's the reason I'm tired of Republicans. So many of them like to play the victim, even whenever the government/polls/media is completely on their side. They keep trying to play the underdog, stick-up-for-the-little-guy mentality, when their true colors are the exact opposite :rolleyes:

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM

A PRIME EXAMPLE:

CBS (DAN RATHER) RELEASED FORGED/FAKE DOCUMENTS WHICH WERE SUPPOSEDLY FROM ONE OF BUSH'S COMMANDING OFFICERS (SUPPOSEDLY SLAMMING BUSH) DURING HIS NATIONAL GUARD DAYS. THEY WERE PROVEN TO BE FAKES! DAN RATHER FINALLY APOLOGIZED AFTER ABOUT TWO WEEKS OF EVERYONE TELLING HIM THEY WERE FAKES!

How's THAT?

lol you are as dumb as you look.

see if you research closely, instead of say watching fox news.

what happened is not that the documents are proven to be fact, but rather, that they have not been proven to be REAL. the apology is for the sloppy journalism. the fact they never CHECKED the validity of the documents at all, and at this point dont care too they would rather apologize then check to see if the documents are real or not. because (as of the last time i checked, saturnday,) there was no really indy report to show that the documents were real or fake.

they were apologizing for being LAZY fucks, not LYING fucks. (which is not to say they arent lying fucks, its to say that, in this case they didnt knowning lie. )

you're task: come up with an example to show that there is some solid truth to your argument that the media is liberal. and i know that some people have narrowminded views about liberals, but lets not be to ignorant, because LAZY, as dan is, is not the same as LIBERAL.

CBS News/Dan Rather Apology
Sep 20, 2004
CBS News
Printer-Friendly Version Printer friendly format
Email this Story E-mail this story
More Local News

An apology came from CBS News and Anchorman Dan Rather today. They acknowledge the authenticity of documents used in a recent "60 Minutes II" story about George W. Bush's National Guard service can't be confirmed. Rather and CBS News have both said using the documents was a mistake.

if you read carefully, that the documents CANT BE CONFIRMED.

i stress that point because it points to the LAZINESS of CBS rather than the "liberal mouth piece" arguement

in fact here is a questions if cbs is so liberal.. why did the refuse to run an ad that questions how bush's "spend now ask questions later" policy impacts americans children? why would the REFUSE to run that if they are so "liberal"?

Wigglytuff
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Who ever said that Bush got 3 purple hearts? :confused:

I guess you forgot about (or never knew about) Dan Rather's reporting/releasing FAKE/FORGED documents which he thought would make Bush look bad? After about 2 weeks, he FINALLY admitted that they were bogus and apologized. Dan Rather has it out for the Bush family. How's THAT for a "mouth pIEce for [the] left"????

you are slow!!!

of course he doesnt have any purple hearts because the bitch never went to war

i already replied to that. but here it is again:

<capslock>CBS DID NOT KNOW THE DOCUMENTS WERE FAKE OR NOT, IN FACT AS OF SATURNDAY, (AND TO MY KNOWLEGDE) NO INDEPENT REPORT HAS BEEN RELEASED TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE INDEED FAKE, CBS APOLOGIZED BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO CHECK IF THE DOCUMENTS ARE REAL OR NOT BEFORE REPORTING THAT THEY ARE INDEED REAL.

AGAIN IF CBS IS SO LIBERAL WHY DID THEY REFUSE TO RUN THE AD QUESTIONING HOW THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATIONS POLICIES IMPACT CHILDREN?</capslock>

switz
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:58 PM
FOX News, has always been, and will always be biased Republican butt-smoochers. That's just how it is. I refuse to watch their news channel seeing as the same company that owns that, Clear Channel, is also helped by a dear friend of George W. Not only that, how can they act so snobby, aren't they responsible for such things as, The Simpsons, That 70s Show and so on. Sorry, one news network doesn't bring you up to the credibility of CNN, or even CBS.

LMAO at the suggestion that CNN has great credibility. i'm not american but i was watching letterman and he was joking about how cbs news just makes up their news.

the simpsons is the greatest satire of america the world has ever seen and with it's scope for reaching people of all ages is probably one of the most liberal outlets left on television. have you ever actually watched the show or are you just some elitist who thinks because it's cartoon that it has no relevance.

as the fat comic book man would say: worst post ever.

CondiLicious
Oct 5th, 2004, 12:03 AM
I never fully believe anything that I see/read coming from US news agencies. I really only trust the news I see in Britain. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news for all the faults that the BBC has... their news reporting is near flawless.

Celeste
Oct 5th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I don't trust anything I see in the news media here (in the US). Fox is very conservative, though sometimes it's a breath of fresh air given the other crap the other news agencies show. I think CNN actually makes an effort to be fair, it's the "least biased" of the shows, but you really have to just concentrate on what the current bozos running for President say, when you see it come out of their mouths and visit their webpages. The news in the US is a joke, it has been for a long time. CBS losing credibility recently? CBS, and every other dumb outlet, hasn't had any credibility in years.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 5th, 2004, 12:58 PM

A PRIME EXAMPLE:

How's THAT?

I know all about Dan Rather.

He's not a very good newsman....but a liberal bias?

What else has he done to favor the "liberals"?

NOTHING - that's why I'm refuting your argument. Just because he was an idiot and told a bad story does not a liberal media make.