PDA

View Full Version : I'm fed up with people saying Kim came back too early

Hagar
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:58 PM
I have rarely been so angry on this board.

Honestly, in November it's gonna be 5 years that I'm a member but I'm considering leaving this board.
Seems like people are just saying whatever they want to say, without thinking at all. Do they have a brain? If they have, they are surely not using it.

I don't understand how anyone can say Kim came back too early.

I mean: docs had to operate the wrist at some point to remove a cyst. They took the opportunity to repair the tear in the tendon that was there. OK, they finish this and then it's waiting until the thing is closed, healed and there's just the scar left.

If pics and scans show that the business inside that wrist is OK, what else can someone do than to start using it and see how it reacts?
Before the operation, one could have said: rest and wait. But if it's operated and healed... what else can you do than try it out? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, isn't it?

Kim would have played because it's Hasselt. Come on, do you really think Kim is not professional enough to say I'm not playing coz my wrist is still hurting.

Another thing, where is this end of career talk coming from and being out for the rest of the year 2004.

I still think that all this might just be a matter of leathery scar tissue which pulls and drags. I really hope it is.

Anyway, no statements from me: it's up to Kim to come up with them, not the posters of this board who sometimes really invent things.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:05 AM
You're probably just upset about Kim which I understand. And I can't understand why you would take people around here so seriously - its only a board, people can express their opinion, and honestly most ppl(i include myself) haven't got a clue what they are talking anout ;)

Chill out, Kim came back when she thought it was right, its just unfortunate this happened.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
Hey...it was his coach who said they were fearing the worst.

Plus imo I think it would have been wiser to just sit out the year so she can have a protected ranking....in that case if something happens or if she has a setback she already has the protective ranking. Now with this she doesn´t get the protective ranking and with the loss of the Fildestadt points and the YEC´s I think she´s gonna fall very hard in the rankings....plus if her wrist isn´t healed by the Oz open, she´s gonna take an ever steapier fall.

That´s why to me it was better if she had just sitten out the year.

Elske
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:09 AM
period? :)

JonBcn
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:15 AM
http://home.zonnet.nl/forum_spam1/post_related/whocares/images/0200.jpg

manu
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
Unfortunately I don't agree... The fact that she had another one of the muscles around her wrist torn, means that she didn't take enough time to strenghten the muscles around her wrist, otherwise this wouldn't have happened...

I think she should have waited just a couple of weeks more, that could have made a vital difference. In the beginning of the US Open she had just started training with SOFT BALLS. I'm afraid that you can't afford to play with regular balls 2 or 3 weeks before you're gonna compete on top level... And a few days before the tournament she still said it felt a little stiff... This indicated that she wouldn't be 100% safe!

It's really such a pity this has to happen to her again... but Kim really needs to learn not only to be safe, but be EXTRA safe with her injuries! Hopefully it can heal now, I wish her all the best!! She really didn't deserve this... Don't give up, Kim!

vettipooh
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
Don't take it so hard. If she does decide to end her career, its coming at a good time...she's getting married, soon.

JonBcn
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Haha...thanks for the negative rep, Hagar :) My point, as you asked in your message, is that if I may say so, you're being more than a little pathetic. All this "I'm leaving the board" and telling people to "fuck off" just because you don't like what they say about your favourite player is laughable.

If you had to put up with racist comments, cheating accusations or any of the other malicious shit that goes on on here, no doubt you'd have had a coronary by now. It seems to me that all comments made about Clijsters tonight were out of genuine concern. Lighten up.

chrisbutt88
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:20 AM

Honestly, in November it's gonna be 5 years that I'm a member but I'm considering leaving this board.
Seems like people are just saying whatever they want to say, without thinking at all. Do they have a brain? If they have, they are surely not using it.

I still think that all this might just be a matter of leathery scar tissue which pulls and drags. I really hope it is..;) The above shows that you're unsure of it yourself...that's nothing strange if you're a big fan & won't be confrontated with another blow on the had:smash: . I think in 5yrs you had a lot of fun 'cause else you wouldn't stay so long:scratch: Although im not a fan i like Kimmie a lot & have to say...kop op meid beter tijden komen !!!:yeah: :yeah: :bigwave:

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:35 AM

I'm surprised that people who obviously don't know what they're talking about still get to you even after five years.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:38 AM
No need to take people's comments so seriously my friend. But you have a point. I don't think that were many people here who said BEFORE the tournament started that it was to soon for Kim to make her comeback (might be wrong about that,haven'tread ALL of the posts). Anyway,it's not important what we say or think. The important thing is that Kimmie gets well again as soon as possible. ;)

I mean: docs had to operate the wrist at some point to remove a cyst. They took the opportunity to repair the tear in the tendon that was there. OK, they finish this and then it's waiting until the thing is closed, healed and there's just the scar left.

If pics and scans show that the business inside that wrist is OK, what else can someone do than to start using it and see how it reacts?
Before the operation, one could have said: rest and wait. But if it's operated and healed... what else can you do than try it out? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, isn't it?

Kim would have played because it's Hasselt. Come on, do you really think Kim is not professional enough to say I'm not playing coz my wrist is still hurting.

Another thing, where is this end of career talk coming from and being out for the rest of the year 2004.

I still think that all this might just be a matter of leathery scar tissue which pulls and drags. I really hope it is.

Anyway, no statements from me: it's up to Kim to come up with them, not the posters of this board who sometimes really invent things.

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
IF she re-injured the same area, she came back too soon. Sometimes, the only way to tell if you've gien an injury enough time is to test it.

UDiTY
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
muy sensitivo:eek:

In her first tournament back her wrist gets sore against the first big-hitter...doesn't that mean that her wrist wasn't ready!?!? I think so :yeah:

harloo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Hagar are you seriously mad over this comment about Kim? I mean cmon, at wtaworld you have heard worser no?

:lol: ;) :D

Andrew.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:05 AM
Hey...it was his coach who said they were fearing the worst.

Plus imo I think it would have been wiser to just sit out the year so she can have a protected ranking....in that case if something happens or if she has a setback she already has the protective ranking. Now with this she doesn´t get the protective ranking and with the loss of the Fildestadt points and the YEC´s I think she´s gonna fall very hard in the rankings....plus if her wrist isn´t healed by the Oz open, she´s gonna take an ever steapier fall.

That´s why to me it was better if she had just sitten out the year. Exactly. That pretty much sums it up. There was no real reason for her to come back this fall. It would have been better for her to come back next year, get the SSR, and be 100%.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:12 AM

Most of them are quite stupid. A minority are not stupid but are simply lazy and can't be bothered to post intelligent thought. An even smaller minority has something to write that is worth reading, but they are few and far between.

I guess that you aren't aware of the numerous MDs we have posting here ;)

Look, obviously Kim is not at fault here. You know this, I know this, and most thinking individuals know this. Morons are simply not worth getting upset over.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
:yeah:

Fingon
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately I don't agree... The fact that she had another one of the muscles around her wrist torn, means that she didn't take enough time to strenghten the muscles around her wrist, otherwise this wouldn't have happened...

I think she should have waited just a couple of weeks more, that could have made a vital difference. In the beginning of the US Open she had just started training with SOFT BALLS. I'm afraid that you can't afford to play with regular balls 2 or 3 weeks before you're gonna compete on top level... And a few days before the tournament she still said it felt a little stiff... This indicated that she wouldn't be 100% safe!

It's really such a pity this has to happen to her again... but Kim really needs to learn not only to be safe, but be EXTRA safe with her injuries! Hopefully it can heal now, I wish her all the best!! She really didn't deserve this... Don't give up, Kim!
be careful, you are making too much sense

Fingon
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:31 AM
No need to take people's comments so seriously my friend. But you have a point. I don't think that were many people here who said BEFORE the tournament started that it was to soon for Kim to make her comeback (might be wrong about that,haven'tread ALL of the posts). Anyway,it's not important what we say or think. The important thing is that Kimmie gets well again as soon as possible. ;)
hmmm, really?, as far as I know nobody here is Kim's personal doctor, and nobody saw the X-ray or MRs, before the tournament we have NO evidence that she wasn't ready (in fact I didn't post it but I did think it was too early to come back), so now, she gets re-injured in her first tournament back and that SUGGESTS that she wasn't ready. Nobody can't affirm one thing or the other, but if we only are going to say what we are 100% sure about, then we better close this board down because 99% of the posts (and that excluding trolls and fights and games) are OPINIONS, in this case, a well fundamented opinion mind you.

For the record, I am a Justine fan and I think that she should not play the rest of the year and concentrate on getting ready for the Australian Open, I am not a Kim fan but I think she should do the same, of course, if you have any RELIABLE information we don't know, do share it with us and we can change our minds, if not, your opinion is as good as mine.

angele87
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:47 AM

Me neither... Imagine me coming to the board for comfort after Kim retired only to find your crap instead :fiery: :fiery:

And you talk about other people not using their brains? Perhaps you don't agree that Kim came back too early but if you can't understand why some people would think that then you are clearly an idiot. Is it so far-fetched to think that maybe the doctors made a mistake? Nobody is predicting the end of the earth here :rolleyes: The fact of the matter is that this past spring Kim was 'ready' (according to the doctors) to play but what happened? She had to retire again. The months after her injury she needs surgery ( yes, months after, not day, could look like wasted time no?) All this could very easily lead a person to believe that Kim's doctors were getting something wrong and they could have very easily done it again. Please keep in mind here that I'm passing no judgement on what actually is the situation but I can very easily understand why somebody would think she came back too early.

Out for the rest of the year : Um, Marc who happens to be know more about Kim that anybody on this board ( Unless Lei, Els or Lleyton are hiding somewhere here :rolleyes: ). And even if Marc hadn't said it, come on, use your head. Kim has just been out for months and months and months with a wrist injury and now, at the start of October, she's forced to retire because she aggravated her injury and you can't understand where the "end of the season" talks come from? Please :rolleyes: As for the end of the career stuff yeah, that's a little forward, but makes a hell of a lot more sense than some of the things I've read from you here tonight :tape: First off all there is obviously a great chance that Kim is not coming back this season and without having any information at all people are going to jump to conclusions ( just like you did only they went one way and you the other). Keeping in mind that Kim has often said she won't be playing forever, is getting married next February and wants to be a young mom, I can easily see why somebody would fear the worst re Kim's career.

Funny hope you're allowed to say what you think but when others do the same you don't like that :lol: Also if you happen to be like Kim's doctor or something and know exactly what's going on, disregard everything I'd said here... but somehow I don't think that's the case :rolleyes:

harloo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
angele87:worship: :worship: Great post!!

Get well Kim and come back winning!:sad:

esquímaux
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:07 AM
Get well Kim :) (but don't get any lil potatoes while you're at it :tape::hearts:;))

Brαm
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Yay :aparty:

Kim came back in 2002 to play Fed Cup in Belgium, with a shoulder INJURY. She also played the Fed Cup this year, with a wrist INJURY, making things worse.
It's not like this would be the first time Kim came back just because it's Fed Cup or a tournament in Belgium.

But who am I to reply to you? I'm just a little student, not a Nobel prize winning brainiac like you :bowdown:

"I have a brain." - Hagar :tape:

geegables
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:09 AM
Kim came back too early

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:19 AM
I can't believe some of you only care about how this affects her protected ranking. :rolleyes:

We all should be thankful that she made the effort to play, and give it 100%. :hearts:

TS
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:07 PM

May 2001 was 5 years ago? :confused:

That is all I have.

crazzzy_grrl
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
Alot of people say a lot of things in hindsight.... but a post like this just makes you look like a whinger. I'm sure a lot of people including youself are upset by the news, but theres no need to take in out of people who don't agree with you. If everyone agreed on everything here it would be a boring place

steffilover
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM

....lol, bye then! we'll miss you (not!):rolleyes:
GET A LIFE!!!:devil:

Hagar
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
May 2001 was 5 years ago? :confused:

That is all I have.
I was a member of the predecessor of this Board.

Experimentee
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:17 PM
Talk about being a drama queen! I agree with most of the others. I can understand that you are upset about Kim, but you dont need to act like other people are stupid just because they have a different opinion from you! And as for leaving the board :rolleyes: Saying Kim came back too early is hardly the worst thing that people have said about a player.

Celeste
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
Talk about being a drama queen! I agree with most of the others. I can understand that you are upset about Kim, but you dont need to act like other people are stupid just because they have a different opinion from you! And as for leaving the board :rolleyes: Saying Kim came back too early is hardly the worst thing that people have said about a player.
Don't you know there's three rules about Hagar?
(1) She's a genius.
(2) She's always right.
(3) Anyone who holds a different view is stupid.

Kim didn't come back too early from injury. See #1 and #2. Don't agree? See #3.

It's all very simple.

And it doesn't just apply to tennis. Hagar even calls American citizens stupid if they are considering voting for Bush. See #1, #2, and #3.

tennischick
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM
LMAO!!!!!!! :worship: :devil:

DA FOREHAND
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Kim came back too early twice this year.

Rocketta
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I was a member of the predecessor of this Board.
There was no predecessor of this board? :confused:

If you mean Sanex that had nothing to do with this board. ;)

tennischick
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Clijsters sidelined until 2005, does not need surgery

04 October 2004 http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/images/null.gif
BRUSSELS: Kim Clijsters will be out of action for the rest of the tennis season but does not need more surgery on her wrist after suffering an injury in the Belgian Open.

Clijsters official website said today that doctors had reassured her the new injury was not as serious as the last one.

Her surgeon said the old condition had completely healed and she was suffering from a new problem in the same area.

Clijsters quit her semifinal against Russia's Elena Bovina midway through the second set yesterday when she felt pain on her problematic left wrist.

The former world No 1 was playing her first tournament for almost five months after suffering torn tendons and having surgery on the wrist to remove a cyst.

Clijsters has been advised to ice the wrist and have anti-inflammatory treatment.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3053711a1823,00.html

Dawn Marie
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Kim came back to early again and not only did she re-injure her wrist by doing so. but she shot herself in the foot as well. Now she could fall farther in rankings then she had to if only she would have came back at a later time. She really needs to benefit from the protected ranking. The Tour is getting fast quickly.

I hope Kim will become 100% soon, but she has to realize now that she is getting older and is now INJURY PRONE and unable to play 22 tourneys like she did before. She cannot sustain this kind of schedule anymore at the WTA tour level. If she continues to think that she can she will fall hard.

Kim is a solid player but she has a history of overplaying, and it is causeing her to get hurt IMHO.

Goodluck Kim.

Hagar you are upset at Kim's injury and her fall in rank, you'll be okay soon enough. I know how you feel. It hurts when your favorite is hurt then comes back to play. one is EXCITED and then CRUSHED in a matter of minutes when they then get re-injured.

the cat
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Good post Dawn. :)

Marat Safin has seemingly made a full recovery from a similar left writst injury to waht Kim Clijsters has. I hope Kim makes a full recovery too. But it's importnat that she plays it safe and takes as much time as needed to fully recover.

franny
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM
There was no predecessor of this board? :confused:

If you mean Sanex that had nothing to do with this board. ;)
There was a predecessor of this board. I was a member of it, and it wasn't Sanex.

Rocketta
Oct 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM
There was a predecessor of this board. I was a member of it, and it wasn't Sanex.
What was the name of it?

and I stand corrected...:)