PDA

View Full Version : Why tennis won't be as interesting when Jennifer Capriati retires

JennyS
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
1. There won't be as many gripping three set matches in Grand Slams.
2. There won't be anyone else who says what is on their mind as often as Jen does.
3. Fans won't be able to count her "you knows" anymore.
4. The best matchup in women's tennis (Jen/Serena) will be no more.
5. Fans won't be able to have 200 post debate threads on something Jen did, didn't do, said or thought.
6. There won't be as many entertaining tantrums during matches.
7. She's a great entertainer.
8. We won't enjoy hearing her swear.
9. We won't see Steven attending matches.
10. The coolest, funniest tennis fans will probably leave the tennis messages boards.

darrinbaker00
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:00 PM
11. Stefano will have to start paying for his velour Fila sweatsuits. ;)

jenny161185
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:13 PM
12. No more free ferraris!

martirogi
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:59 PM
:sad: i never thought of number 9 before

*Karen*
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
I'm gonna miss her.

Chrissie-fan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
Don't give the holier than thou crowd cause for celebration,Karen. Our girl is not gonna retire anytime soon. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I'm gonna miss her.

DEETHELICK
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Jen has so much character and heart. It makes you instantly notice her, like her or not.

I think she comes across as such a human. I remember reading her interview after her USO SF last year and I was amazed at her honesty and vulnerability in that moment.

She has given so much to tennis, produced many classic matches and is as fiesty as they come.

I'm proud to be a fan :)

vettipooh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:50 PM
In reference to #10... The coolest, funniest tennis fans.Why would "we" leave the message boards if Jen retires.We would wish her good luck.;)

Chrissie-fan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
She would make for a very entertaining commentator I think...."She could win the whole damned tournament,you know. Holy shit! What a forehand! Aah fuck,she's hit the ball into the net.......you know."

I love ya Jenny! :inlove:

YOu are right she is not going to retire any time soon..what the heck will she do she does not seem to have any outside interest her entire life is tennis and nothing else so, her fans do not have to worry she will be playing forever. I think she will be another Martina N. She's not articulate enough to to commentate...well, then again neither is Martina Hingis and she commentating so we probably could see jen doing commentary.

chrisbutt88
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
11. Stefano will have to start paying for his velour Fila sweatsuits. ;)
More free Stefano-Meals so she can grow even faster & no Fila will dress her...:lol:

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:36 AM
Is she retiring ? :confused:

JennyS
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:41 AM
Not anytime soon.

SJW
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
it's cute how Jen fans always bring Serena into the conversation when discussing topics of this nature....guess they're a driving force for each other :)

steffilover
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
i hope she doesn't retire any time soon...:)

englishjenfan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:34 PM
I doubt she will! If you read her interviews she always says how age is just a number and that she has missed time off and she is making up for it etc!

Snuffkin
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Meals so she can grow even faster & no Fila will dress her...:lol:
Oh boy! If you're going to insult someone, get your words right. What you've written is insightful - I had no idea it was food that made her quicker. Thank you for enlightening me. ;)

The secret to success - keep eating and you'll get faSter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JennyS
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Oh boy! If you're going to insult someone, get your words right. What you've written is insightful - I had no idea it was food that made her quicker. Thank you for enlightening me. ;)

The secret to success - keep eating and you'll get faSter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Eating rocks!

bjbasom1
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
it's cute how Jen fans always bring Serena into the conversation when discussing topics of this nature....guess they're a driving force for each other :)

All JennyS said was there would be no more of this great rivalry, one that is now starting to become like Yankees/Red Sox. She wasn't trying to start another fight.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
O that day will be so sad for me, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. I love watching her play and cheering for her. I hope she plays forever. This thread got me depressed but I think it is because she hasn't played in like 2 months.:)

GermanBoy
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:12 PM
The most important reason: We are not only going to lose Jen, we also lose Steven... :eek: :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:Both of them are so sexy, I think, I have to start drinking then... :drink::awww: :drink:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
YOu are right she is not going to retire any time soon..what the heck will she do she does not seem to have any outside interest her entire life is tennis and nothing else so, her fans do not have to worry she will be playing forever. I think she will be another Martina N. She's not articulate enough to to commentate...well, then again neither is Martina Hingis and she commentating so we probably could see jen doing commentary.
You don't have to be all that articulate to do commentary. If Luke Jensen can do it, then Jen is more than qualified to do the job:p

bigshow21
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
I love tennis because of Jen. When she retires....a long, long, long time from now, i will be so devastated. But i will always remember how awesome and great she was. The memories will always be there forever. Go Jen!!!!! :)

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Jenny always speaks her mind just like Hingis:) She always fights well & gives 100% she is very emotional too! A great champ I hope she does not retire soon though!:)

SJW
Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:26 PM
All JennyS said was there would be no more of this great rivalry, one that is now starting to become like Yankees/Red Sox. She wasn't trying to start another fight.

read my post again :retard::cuckoo: